• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School; To skip or not to Skip?

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • For me and my friends, nothing was more fun that sneaking down to the school parking lot, hopping in my car and high-tailing it out of school for a "mandatory day off."
    We would go back to my house to crash on the couch, go catch a movie, or order pizza and watch Scrubs on DVD all day.

So, have you ever skipped school?

If so: What kind of mischief did you get up to?
    If no: Though it's not a bad thing that you wanted to stay in school, was there anything holding you back?

Oh, and stay in school kids.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    In high school, I skipped school if I didn't feel like going, or got there and decided I didn't feel like going in, or entered the building and decided I didn't feel like putting up with having to go to classes. Sometimes I would walk in, sign myself in and just walk out. Other times I would just stay at home and not bother driving there. Occasionally, I would drive myself to school, get there, park, get out, make it half way to the door, decide I couldn't be bothered with going in today, walk back to the car and leave and hang out with one of my friends who graduated a year early. We usually went to the diner immediately after I told her that I was skipping school and got some breakfast. Sometimes we would go to the park, sometimes we would go to the lake, sometimes we would go to the mall, sometimes we would just stay at the diner. In college, if I don't feel like going to class, I just sleep in... since it's the early classes that are the ones that I tend to skip.

Shinigami_

Resident Death God
    Years
  • Can't really recall skipping class. this is usually because of my parent's expectations. :U I would've probably been killed for such a thing. as for college..if I know I'm way ahead of the game I'll maybe miss one class in the morning by calling in sick via shooting off an e-mail; but that's basically it, you can only miss so many times before they withdraw you, or you just fall behind really fast and almost fail - it's how things go, usually.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • I've never skipped school in the sense that I've walked up to school and then decided, "Nah, let's not go to school today" and then walked off. I've faked being ill before so I could get a day off from school, but I never did anything interesting. I just played video games and browsed the internet.

One of the reasons I've never skipped school is because I get a lift up to school with my mother. And she works at the office in the school. So I can't really walk away. They also take a class register for each period during the day, so the teaching staff would know if you went missing and would report it to the office. Addtionally, my parents would probably kill me if they found out I had skipped my classes. And honestly? I've never felt like skipping school. Because I'm a goody two-shoes.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • first I need friends to sneak off with I don't recall missing a single day of public school. However, I have arrived to school very late before. One time, the school bus stalled. Another time, I just asked my mom to get me there late because I was feeling sick. When my brother skipped a class, his school would call the house, haha.

As for college, I have skipped a few classes before. One time, I stayed home and played video games. Another time, I just wanted to unwind and eat lunch. I usually have 4 classes back-to-back on 2 days a week. I don't have lunch breaks. Also, I also haven't skipped whole days. I'd get too far behind in class, lol. Oh, and not once was I getting into trouble when skipping class. No one at college cares.

Ayselipera

I skip as many days as I can every year. I used to fake sick and even though I could tell my mom clearly knew I was faking she would let me stay home anyways. Sometimes I would just ask straight up and she would still always say yes. As of now if I want to stay home I just don't get out of bed and no one says anything to me. A couple times I've driven to school, got there, looked at the school realized I just could not do it and turned back home... lol. Then other times I'll get ready and "go to school" but really head out with friends for the whole day, but I never did anything crazy. It's always been out to breakfast and shopping or out to the beach.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I pretty much skip my night class, no attendance policy, and Medieval History is a topic I could pass in my sleep, haha. And when I do, it's usually just to chill or go get food or something, nothing too crazy or interesting.

Years
  • I have no guts to skip class or ruin my attendance record, unless my teacher is cool with it which happens multiple times.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    So, have you ever skipped school?
    No, all of the instances I've been absent involved me having an illness of some sort.
    Considering the amount immature idiots there, it's amazing that I didn't decide to just give up and skip school.

If no: Though it's not a bad thing that you wanted to stay in school, was there anything holding you back?
    Well, there are registers for each lesson; If a student is present for one class, but absent for the next class (without permission), they are reported to the office, eventually resulting in a phone home if the particular student isn't within school grounds.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I skipped school with my best friend in grade eight because the class was going to a Confirmation retreat and neither one of us were getting confirmed. We stayed at her house and played Kingdom Hearts, it was awesome.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • In high school, I never skipped school. I was trying to be a good student back then, lol Top student in my class, basically a goody-goody. I reveled in being a good student back then xD. Plus our town was so boring there would be nothing to do if I skipped anyhow.

By college though, I would skip occasionally, usually just to catch up on sleep or because I overslept lol. Didn't like doing that because then the next time I did attend class I would be totally lost:/ I had a class in grad school that I absolutely despised but I would always go to because I would seriously have failed the class if I had missed even one day...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Technically yes, although I was never caught.

In my senior year, I took PE again just for fun, and the teacher was terrible. He literally let us go outside ONCE the entire year (Because I begged him... apparently no one else wanted to.) and about 75% of the time, we played basketball, which I hate with a passion, so I started to skip. What I would do is change into my PE clothes, and go out to the gym to take role, then act like I'm going to the bathroom, and just leave. Eventually, I realized that if I was the last one out of the locker room, I could just prop the door open with something, and actually go back in, and leave with my stuff.

I'm pretty sure I was the first to do it, and when people saw that I got away with it, more and more people followed me, and eventually like half the class left every day, which the teacher obviously noticed, so a ton of people got caught... (So, I kinda caused over half the class to fail >.>) I kept doing it though, and he never suspected me, because I'm normally such a goody-two-shoes. lol

So yeah, I'm really rebellious and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    A few times.

I remember in my senior years that almost all schools had a day off because of some protestation issue [regarding taxi drives], yet our school wanted us to come. The whole class 'rebelled' against this and ditched school all together. The school called our home and spoke with our parents [who thought we were at school] to force us to come but we were busy karting.

Years
  • In high school, the only time I skipped was Senior Skip Day. Which was set by the principal, so it didn't feel very special. -_-; I was too good a kid to skip class.

In college, if it was a class where attendance wasn't required, I'd sometimes not go at all. I know one of my classes, after the last required test, I didn't attend again because it was too early in the morning. I tended to go more than I skipped though, as most classes I had to be there.

Years
  • I never ditched when I was in secondary school. Not that I recall anyway. There might have been one time lol. I rarely skipped at university too. You can't afford to lmao. Though one time I had to. Boiler broke down and my old room mate is a total perfectionist when it comes to attendance and stuff. So I was like fine, I'll get a blood stain on my attendance (as my attendance was also flawless at the time). The guy eventually came and fixed the boiler and I decided I would actually turn up to the lecture with only half an hour to go (it was a two hour lecture). So I approach the classroom and decide to do something silly. I wrap my scarf around my face, pull my hat down low and burst into the class;

"I AM THE OVERLORD! I WILL NEVER MISS A LECTURE!"

The lecturer just looks at me for a second and damn I cannot remember what he said for the life of me but he made a pretty funny remark and then told me to sit down. Some of the students had the wtf is this, I don't even face and the others were trying really hard not to piss themselves with laughter. My room mate was so pissed off at me though cause I disrupted his learning etc etc. He ignored me for like the rest of the day, which is what he does when he's really annoyed, which isn't often at all. After the class, this girl comes up to me and says she thought I was a terrorist lmao. One of my friends was like "he should have told you that you were missing this lecture and sent you out" in a joking manner.

Anyway I've gone way off track. I skipped another lecture when I went on a protest strike for the increase in tuition fees and even my room mate joined because he has a younger sister who will be affected by the change. Finally at the end of my final year at university, I believe I skipped the very last lecture before the exam period because I just couldn't be bothered and wanted to sleep in and it's the last lecture so whatever.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    "I skip school all the time!"
    School; To skip or not to Skip?

No, back when I was in school, the only times I missed school was when I was sick or when I was younger, when I didn't feel like going and I faked being sick. There was too much I'd miss in one day if I skipped school.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I never skipped school ever because I don't want to risk getting expelled or getting in trouble with my parents.

L4zy

The lazy trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Back in my high school days, I would always want to skip when I had a class I didn't like. I almost got sent to court with the days I skipped though. Still, me and my friends had a blast. We normally just went back home a chilled.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I used to skip school the day before an exam that I deemed to be important to me, such as my Science exams. Partially because the day before these exams frequently had lessons which I hated the most, namely Economics, RE and Sport; but mostly because I wanted the whole day to myself solely to prepare for the exam and chill without having to worry about work I really didn't care about.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I skipped reading the other posts except Drakow's!

But as for skipping school, not often at all. Only like, once or twice a year? In uni I've skipped a few useless lectures, though, since a lot of the information is found online.

Back