• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
livin__in_the_city_by_lilbluedemon-dae9jaa.png

Red is a placeholder.

Credits:
morlockhater - tiles
AtomicReactor - tiles
Alucus - tiles
thegreatblaid - tiles

Deo - Custom D&N Tones

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Trying out the new Pokemon Center I edited, orignally made by batiJFG.
2il0zeu.jpg

Added outlines changed the structure a little bit and some less palletes.​

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Trying out the new Pokemon Center I edited, orignally made by batiJFG.
2il0zeu.jpg

Added outlines changed the structure a little bit and some less palletes.​

Stylistically it fits right in with the other tiles. That said, it's a bit odd having a round pokecenter in a tile based game, I would imagine they made the Pokecenter round only thanks to 3d movement in SuMo.

Also assuming that's not just a testing map, it doesn't make much sense for someone to build a building with the entrance facing the edge of a cliff.

Years
Been using Luka's new EBS for a while now, when I realized that the way it indicates that Pokemon are shiny - changing the color of the nickname - isn't very conducive to something else I wanted to do.

In my game, there is a difference between a Delta Mega and a Mega Delta (though the difference is only important for one Pokemon). I wanted there to be some indication within the game as to which is which, so players didn't have to turn to "unofficial" sources to figure it out.

So I played with the Mega icon in the HUD, and duplicated it to make a "minority" icon. The Mega and Minority icons will position themselves accordingly. If the Mega icon is on top, it's a Mega Delta. If the Minority icon is on top, it's a Delta Mega. You read them from top to bottom.

untitled_by_rot8erconex-dafuknw.png

However, I did like the fact that the nickname could change color in certain scenarios. So I'm adding a few Easter Eggs where naming certain Pokemon certain things will change the color of the name. The only such so far is seen in this screenshot. Altered Megallades named Matt-Boy have their nickname written in orange. Will probably add a similar one for Glaceons named Lulitha.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Blake7

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Stylistically it fits right in with the other tiles. That said, it's a bit odd having a round pokecenter in a tile based game, I would imagine they made the Pokecenter round only thanks to 3d movement in SuMo.

Also assuming that's not just a testing map, it doesn't make much sense for someone to build a building with the entrance facing the edge of a cliff.

Whats wrong with a round building in 2d games, nothing weird about it at all
Spoiler:
, and the map is just for test to see how it blends with the tiles, since there was no front stairs big enough for the mountain tile in the tileset i used

Last edited:

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Whats wrong with a round building in 2d games, nothing weird about it at all
Spoiler:

Precisely for the reason those in those images. Note how in the first two, they are mapped to be blocked off in a square/rectangular fashion. And in the third, it only works because of the inordinately sized open area which will certainly not be the case with a pokecenter. It also looks and plays hideously imo.

Blake7

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Precisely for the reason those in those images. Note how in the first two, they are mapped to be blocked off in a square/rectangular fashion. And in the third, it only works because of the inordinately sized open area which will certainly not be the case with a pokecenter. It also looks and plays hideously imo.
Well I made my point but thats your opinion moreover the front of the PC is bit flat.
I don't think many will agree that a circle shape building in 2d will look hideous. It just has to be done in the proper shape to fit in with the tiles.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
Friend of mine had my old menu archived.
menu___by_lilbluedemon-dagmqc5.png

I was using this for an old project back in 2013.
Might re-use it <3

Years
Please crtique the menu i made and offer suggestions....
If you can advise me of a better layout or what would be a better background, that would be really great. This menu is intended to be touch based only(though you can use the arrowkeys).
s1_zpsl9uuow0g.png

Last edited:

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
A new journey begins...

HomeyTown_zpsrfktewwd.png

First town finally finished; celebrating with a quick screenshot.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Spoiler:

something I've been toying with in intelliJ for the past day or two - apart from the placeholder images it's starting to take form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back