• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Thanks, but whenever i paste it into XSE and compile, i close XSE, then reopen the script, and all that's there is:'-----------------------
#org 0x80005B
checkflag 0x829

Try a different, bigger sized offset. Try 1kbytes offset. It happened a lot with me. Use my very same script with a different offset.

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
This script. The battle woks but the movement doesn't.
Spoiler:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
This script. The battle woks but the movement doesn't.
Spoiler:
I made one correction...and you didn't write the "@want" message.

Well you either;
>Have the wrong Person # in the script (eg. in a-map #=1, but in script #=3)
>Have two of the same Person # on the same map
>Don't have the Person # (eg. In A-map, #=10, but in script, #=16)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
I have this script for Lugia and Ho-Oh, here's the script for Lugia
Spoiler:

I've looked in thee scripting tutorials and everything but I can't figure something out. How can I change the battle music for this wild-battle? Lugia and Ho-Oh have their own battle music so obviously it's possible to change the music of wild encounters, but how do I do it?

EDIT: Also, there's 1 more problem with the script. When Lugia is captured, the screen fades to black and he disappears but the screen doesn't fade back into normal, it stays black until you change screens, such as viewing your pokemon team or leaving the map. I'd appreciate if someone helped me out with that too, but the music question is my primary concern.
I'm not even sure the problem is in the script, but I'm convinced that there's something that can be added to the script to trigger a music change. I've been looking through tutorials, doing script comparisons, and I've even tried sappy but nothing so far seems to have any effect (Sappy only makes things worse but that might be my fault).

This will be the only time bumping my question here, so if the fact that I did it this time is annoying, well, this topic won't see this question again (from me).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
You would have to follow Mastermind_X's battle music swap tutorial. http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=13&lang=en It's pretty simple. ;) Just use 7030 and 7033 instead of the variables he gives.

Oh great, hex editing... the one thing I epically fail at no matter how many tutorials I read. I can't understand any of it and I just can't follow the instructions very well because when someone says "look here or there" I look and I'm like "WTH am I looking at... am I even in the right place? Which of these 7 lines does what?". I handle scripting so much better, I can't see any structure to what I'm tinkering with in Hex Editors ;_;

*sigh*

But if this is the only way... =/

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Sooooo... Is somebody going to tell me whats wrong with my script? It still doesn't finish after the battle:

Spoiler:

Person and script events:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
^You might be able to do it that way, but I always use trainerbattle 0x1, that lets you do the scripts afterwards. Try that, and take out the call @after and put it at the same line after the @won.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Sooooo... Is somebody going to tell me whats wrong with my script? It still doesn't finish after the battle:

Spoiler:

Okay... You keep using "\l" after "\p" You're supposed to use "\n" after "\p" then if you want, "\l"...
And use "[player]" instead of \v\h01

Okay, the setflag....NEVER set a flag before a battle...What if you lose? Then the event won't happen again!
And I'm assuming you want the Player to win, because there's a Poineter named "@won" ;)

LaccyO

Sspriterr
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
Scripting problem!

When I walk on the green S, the game is freezing!
And do you need to do something with 'var number' and 'var value'?
game: fire red
editor: XSE
scripttype: trigger

Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
When I walk on the green S, the game is freezing!
And do you need to do something with 'var number' and 'var value'?
game: fire red
editor: XSE
scripttype: trigger

Spoiler:

Okay first of all there is no more boxset, it's just a byte at then end of the message command.

Next change the script tile's unknown to 0003 var number to 4050.
Changes in script.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
You would have to follow Mastermind_X's battle music swap tutorial. http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=13&lang=en It's pretty simple. ;) Just use 7030 and 7033 instead of the variables he gives.
I found this topic
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157294
and after reading an actual conversation, I was able to get a little bit of what I needed to do but then I realized that in my last few posts I forgot to mention which version I'm editing. I'm editing Emerald version. I went to my VBA and opened up the "memory viewer" and went to 00cffef0 and noticed there was nothing there. So I don't think the link you gave me is going to help until I find the proper location at which to perform the steps listed. And I don't know anything about locating such a thing and from what I've seen, nobody knows where the right location for this version is either (or at least they aren't publically saying anything). So, does this mean that there's no chance for me to change the music anytime soon? Or are there other options I missed?

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Okay... You keep using "\l" after "\p" You're supposed to use "\n" after "\p" then if you want, "\l"...
And use "[player]" instead of \v\h01

Okay, the setflag....NEVER set a flag before a battle...What if you lose? Then the event won't happen again!
And I'm assuming you want the Player to win, because there's a Poineter named "@won" ;)

Thanks so much! The script works perfectly now! All I need to know now is how do I keep the sprite from coming back? If I beat the battle, leave, and come back, the rival is still standing there.

BTW: I use \v\h01 because it looks cooler =]

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Thanks so much! The script works perfectly now! All I need to know now is how do I keep the sprite from coming back? If I beat the battle, leave, and come back, the rival is still standing there.

BTW: I use \v\h01 because it looks cooler =]

Put the flag number in the Person ID area in Advance Map.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
GivePokemon Script

So I have a problem with a script I'm making, it's a givepokemon script.
What happens is that it's kinda linked to other people in the map. This script serves as a template for 3 or so person events, and I can't get it to work. What's supposed to happen, is it's supposed to first check if the player already talked to one of the people on the map, if so, then it's supposed to finish the script. If not, then it needs to initiate the event, with the applymovement and all. The only trouble is that when I talk to the person for the event to happen, the applymovement works, the person faces my and says "H" (?) then the game freezes. Does anybody know what's wrong here? I've provided both the compiled and decompiled versions for reference:

Type: Person Event
Editor: XSE
ROM: Ruby Version AXVE

Compiled Script:
Spoiler:

Decompiled Script:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back