• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    Thank you. I also seemed to have misplaced the offset and forgot #dynamic entirely. Unless that part gets replaced or deleted.

*EDIT*
    The code healed when I did not have money. I tried fixing it, but now the person just continues the same beginning phrase.

Spoiler:

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Here's a working version of your script. I've highlighted some changes and explained why they've been altered.

Spoiler:

You really need to look out for when you're mistaking a text pointer for a regular branching script pointer :P

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    Here's a working version of your script. I've highlighted some changes and explained why they've been altered.

Spoiler:

You really need to look out for when you're mistaking a text pointer for a regular branching script pointer :P

The screen turns black and does not return.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    You can check which version you have by going to 'Help > About' and then reading the pop-up. If you aren't using v1.1.1 here's a download link.

Yes I am using v1.1.1

This is what I have gotten:

Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    Yes I am using v1.1.1

This is what I have gotten:

Spoiler:

You removed the fadescreen 0x0 command and added text in the middle of the script rather than giving it to a text pointer :P

Here's your script again:

Spoiler:

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    You removed the fadescreen 0x0 command and added text in the middle of the script rather than giving it to a text pointer :P

Here's your script again:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Would this be correct? If so, it is still not working.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    Would this be correct? If so, it is still not working.

That scripts works for me, if you're still having problems then I'm not sure what else to do other than to make sure you're saving it in Advance Map and reopen your ROM in VBA whenever you test the script.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    That scripts works for me, if you're still having problems then I'm not sure what else to do other than to make sure you're saving it in Advance Map and reopen your ROM in VBA whenever you test the script.

Is there a person ID or anything else I need to change?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    Is there a person ID or anything else I need to change?

No, there is nothing overworld/ script-related that I can think of which would stop it from working. Like I said, its working for me so I have no other answers.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    No, there is nothing overworld/ script-related that I can think of which would stop it from working. Like I said, its working for me so I have no other answers.

I have figured out the problem. For some reason when it was put into AM, the script changes. So I just redid it in the AM part and the game does come back as usual. I just need to put the words in for when you do not have enough. Thank you for all the help. Now I just need to learn the part in Viridian City where a guy blocks the garden and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I believe that you can't have a trainer to battle you more than once. At least, that's what I observed from when i was still hacking SkyLine (and the reason why the player is forced to talk to trainers if they want to battle them)...

I dont want the trainer to battle me more than once, I want him to battle me once and his pokemon will depend on where the player is in the game.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I dont want the trainer to battle me more than once, I want him to battle me once and his pokemon will depend on where the player is in the game.

This would be easy with some checkflags and various setflags throughout the game. Alternatively, use variables as it would be easier to check them and you would save space.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    Okay I have made the script for the guy to block the garden, but it seems when you try talking to him before the third badge (He just leaves after that), the game freezes.

Spoiler:

Can someone tell me what is wrong with the script?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Your script is kind of contradictory. For instance, you don't need a 'set flag' in it as that flag is set when you get the badge. You also don't need a clearflag at all.

As to why it's freezing, I can't see anything obvious - half asleep mind XD.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    Your script is kind of contradictory. For instance, you don't need a 'set flag' in it as that flag is set when you get the badge. You also don't need a clearflag at all.

As to why it's freezing, I can't see anything obvious - half asleep mind XD.

That actually worked. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    This would be easy with some checkflags and various setflags throughout the game. Alternatively, use variables as it would be easier to check them and you would save space.

But I know JPANs hack engine made it possible so you can have what I wanted happen but the seeing the player part only happens once.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    But I know JPANs hack engine made it possible so you can have what I wanted happen but the seeing the player part only happens once.

Wait. If I understand correctly, you want to have trainer standing in a map. First time you walk past them, they walk up to you and battle. Then next time, they don't walk up to you, but you can battle them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you can still use flags. So, have the trainer walk up and battle. Say you use trainer no. 0x003. The corresponding trainerflag is 0x500 + Trainer no. (If I remember correctly) , in this case 0x503. So checkflag 0x503 before the trainerbattle, and branch to another battle if already battled. I think that would work. But that's assuming I got your scenario correct.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Wait. If I understand correctly, you want to have trainer standing in a map. First time you walk past them, they walk up to you and battle. Then next time, they don't walk up to you, but you can battle them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you can still use flags. So, have the trainer walk up and battle. Say you use trainer no. 0x003. The corresponding trainerflag is 0x500 + Trainer no. (If I remember correctly) , in this case 0x503. So checkflag 0x503 before the trainerbattle, and branch to another battle if already battled. I think that would work. But that's assuming I got your scenario correct.

Close I guess I will explain it in more detail.

EDIT: Also I know I can use flags for this but I was almost certain I could just use the function that JPAN added in his fire red hack applier to make it so I didn't have to use flags.

When you first walk past a trainer he will walk up to you like normal, however what battle happens depends on what badge you have (Those are the variables I have set). If you have one badge then it will play the first battle, if you have two badges it will play the second battle and if you have three badges it will play the third battle.

Once you battle the trainer and win, great you will never battle that trainer again. You can walk up to him and talk to him and he will say a little "Oh you beat me" type of deal (I just made that talking 3 in my script). However if you lose to him, when you walk by he will want to battle you again.

It's the exact same as a normal trainer in the game but this time it will change the difficulty depending on your progress in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back