• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Seasons!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    One of the new things Black and White introduced were seasons. These seasons change the music, the wild Pokemon, scenery and events witihin the actual gameplay.

In Winter, you can find a brown coloured Deerling, as well as a Sawsbuck around Unova, as well as changes to items found within Twist Mountain. Along with this, you can also go into the double battle grass just outside Icirrus, you can skate in Route 8 and you get to see hail within Mistralton and Driftviel, while in Icirrus you can experience snow. On the downside, you can't purchase any Casteliacones.

Whereas in Summer, you can find a green Deerling and Sawsbuck, as well as see a tourist-filled Undella (not really, but more people than usual) and you can also trade for a Munchlax in Undella.

In Autumn, not much changes other than finding a orange coloured Deerling and Sawsbuck.

And finally in Spring, you can find a pink Deerling and Sawsbuck.

There are also other aesthetic changes, such as route music changing depending on the season and Route 1 taking on a different appearance depending on the season. Those are just the main changes, there's a few other little things but they're pretty minor.

With all that said, basically all of us have experienced each season if you've been playing since the March release, so which is your favourite season and why? Do you think seasons should have lasted for four months to reflect the actual seasons or do you think 1 month per season works fine? What other aesthetic changes would've you wanted to see within the games? Would've you liked the seasonal effects to spread to other areas of Unova? And if you were around during the pre-release period, did you expect seasons to be different or not? Oh and which is your favourite soundtrack for each route in regards to seasonal changes?

Share your thoughts~

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think 1 month works well. For my favourite season id have to say summer. I like the colouration of everything and the music in summer. Its sunny and bright in summer just like here down under in australia

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Just a few things I'd like to add:
    In winter, you can also skate in Iccirus City, and you can access the former Team Rocket member's house. You can also get a RageCandyBar from his wife there. You also won't be seeing Palpitoad, Shelmet and Stunfisk in Iccirus City, Moor of Iccirus or Route 8. You can also find Cubchoo in Route 7 and Dragonspiral Tower at this time instead of Tranquill. Cryogonal also become slightly easier to find in Twist Mountain. Vanillite can be found in Route 6 and Dragonspiral Tower instead of Tranquill and Druddigon (Dragonspiral Tower only).

And as for my opinion on the matter, I think the seasons are a neat addition because of how the music changes depending on the season.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I think 1 month works well. For my favourite season id have to say summer. I like the colouration of everything and the music in summer. Its sunny and bright in summer just like here down under in australia

Exactly, totaly agree my friend

Years
  • I love this new feature~

I would have to say my favorite season in the game would be Winter. I love the snow on the ground and when it falls down. Pretty :3

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
  • I guess since you won't have to wait long the season doesn't last as long as the real seasons. It would only make it more realistic if the seasons was actually the length of the real seasons.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think the month-long-seasons works fine - even if it would be more 'realistic' to have four months it'd be annoying to wait nearly a year to take advantage of specific seasons imo. I do feel that more of the seasons could have been implemented in though - only a few places are really affected by winter and the route that only really looks that different and impressive enough to notice it is the first route...which is a very linear short route in itself. =/

Spring or summer is my favourite btw, I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I find that seasons are a nice additon. I could live without them as all it does is make a few things available and just changes the pallete. I do like how seasons are monthly though.

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
  • I think the month-long-seasons works fine - even if it would be more 'realistic' to have four months it'd be annoying to wait nearly a year to take advantage of specific seasons imo. I do feel that more of the seasons could have been implemented in though - only a few places are really affected by winter and the route that only really looks that different and impressive enough to notice it is the first route...which is a very linear short route in itself. =/

Spring or summer is my favourite btw, I suppose.

I see your point now. I agree with only a few places are affected.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Spring. (Not in real life though.) After so much snow and dark grass, the next day pops up a beautiful place with no snow (I saved in Icurris City the day before). Oh and the palettes of the trees/grass are my favorite in this season by the way.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Seasons... They are a nice addition, but in the end, there's no real effect to the game. I don't mind it. Even then, it does make things more... lively and realistic, if you will. At least it doesn't look like the same old same old every month!

1 month per season works really well. Having it too long would mean some kind of gameplay mess. And it can get boring fast.

My preference? Spring. (It's also the default colouration of everything, as evidenced by White Forest.) It looks really nice and colourful.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Meh. I see them as just another little marketing thing that convinces people for buying the game a tiny bit.
    They aren't a really interesting addition, I forget that the seasons exist in the game all the time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • One month seasons are fine. I just wish the screen that tells you what season it is didn't pop up EVERY time you start up the game (as well as the turn on C-Gear thing, but that's another topic).

Favorite ingame season is winter (though it's my least favorite IRL) because the appearance of everything is most noticeably different in winter.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I think my favorite season is definitely the Summer season. It's the prettiest out of all of the seasons imo, and the Sawsbuck sprite for Summer looks fabulous! Plus the summer is the best season of the year in real life too so yep! :3; It's not exactly related to seasons but it kinda is - I would have liked to see some tidal changes, or other random things that have to do with the time of the year/day etc. Having the water rise and lower based on the moon would be a really useful tool that could keep players coming back to the game each day, which I think is one of the reasons they had seasons in the first place. :>

Seasonal effects are cool and I think as long as they created new places for players to explore I'd love them. It'd take some creativity to figure out how you could get these new places and stuff but yeah it'd be awesome! :D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I love the seasons feature, and I agree that the one-month thing works fine. I do always manipulate my DS to skip through the Autumn months though, because I find Autumn incredibly ugly and it puts a damper on the entire B/W experience.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • I love summer the most although I hate it in real life out of the four seasons mainly for the music. The jazzy sound of a saxophone on Route 12, 13, 14, 15, and the steel drum in Undella Town. Spring is my second favorite season for the visuals. It's pretty seeing pink petals fly by on Route 1. Plus Deerling turn pink!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The seasons are a great addition to the game. Currently Spring is my favorite, because of the petals flying around in the calm wind. I'd like to see what Winter is like, though. It's fascinating to walk around the area in snow. :3

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • The seasons were a nice touch. Though I could have done without them, it wouldnt have been a deal breaker if there wasnt any in it. I think my clock was messed up though, cause everytime I turned on the game it was a different season o.O. Anyway, it was interesting, much different from the barely colored pixels of R/B/Y, and the graphics are awesome. My personal favorite is Winter, the pure, white snow on the ground <3. It makes the game more realistic ^^

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • so which is your favourite season and why?
    My favorite season will have to be Winter because of the most noticable changes and Winter is my favorite season in real life

Do you think seasons should have lasted for four months to reflect the actual seasons or do you think 1 month per season works fine?
    One month is fine to me because most people won't play this game for four months at a time

What other aesthetic changes would've you wanted to see within the games?
    More stuff within the other three seasons

Would've you liked the seasonal effects to spread to other areas of Unova?
    Yes, all throughout the region

:t354:TG

Back