• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Secret Egg Event Coming to the US!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    According to Serebii and Pokemon.com, the Secret Egg Giveaway that happened in Japan is now coming over here! From April 27th - May 31st, you'll have the ability to go to Toys 'R' Us, download an egg, and have it hatch into either Cilan's Pansage, Ash's Pidove, or Iris' Axew. This coincides with the new end of the Victini event.

What are your thoughts? Pokemon too common for your tastes? Excited to have a Pokemon that matches the moves and stats of your favorite anime character?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Not really. Useless things, although they have an max. IV at one stat. Maybe I'll use it if it comes to Europe :p

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I'd only like to get Axew as well, the others are useless. Meh, is the event coming to Canada too? =,= They should give the eggs via wi-fi, not stores...

Too bad they're not giving Jessie's Woobat and James' Yamask as well. Or simply Meowth!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Yeah... Not gonna drive 30 minutes out of the way to pick up lame anime egg. I haven't followed the anime in forever, lol. :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Not really. Useless things, although they have an max. IV at one stat. Maybe I'll use it if it comes to Europe :p

They do? Thats awesome. I only wish they had just done it over WiFi and not through Toys R Us... ugh, guess I'll have to park in the parking lot and hope to just get a signal from out there. XD XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well for starters, I don't live near a TRU. And even if I did, I'd skip this event, just like I did with the Japanese event. I don't care for those Pokemon at all. Too common, plus I don't care for the anime either. So yeah. :P Not in my tastes the first time it was released, and not in my tastes this time! ^-^;

pondjohn

Ace in training
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    dang the only pokemon id be remotely interested in from this is the axew, but would i really want to go through all the work getting it and raising another haxorus? not with the chance i might get a pansage or silly pidove

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I've like never even gone to Toys R Us, so that plus the fact it's a waste to go drive to the closest one (don't even know where that is) and get a really common pokemon with one maxed out IV, makes it a complete waste of time. Screw this event. If it were over Wi-Fi, sure, why not? But it's not, so I won't.

beanzy100000

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2011
    complete waste of time. the pokemon are pretty common and i wouldnt use them any.

Influential_Mew

EeVee Trainer
    Years
  • No point. This event is not worth commuting to. I'd rather catch the in-game version of the pokemon than anime. Thanks, but no thanks. Bring on genesect and the others and I'll be happy.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • We don't have Toys'R'Us where I live (hell, I live in New Zealand. Toyworld is our only major dedicated toy retailer and afaik they couldn't care less about Pokemon events)

Iris' Axew would be kindas cool to have u_u Especially with that maxed IV . . . hopefully in Attack or Speed.

Ashberto7

★ Celebi ★
    Years
  • If I lived nearer to a Toys R us I'd actually go to this event, Just to get the event, I wouldn't use it in any way just for trading purposes but there is a problem no one wants it ^^;;

Years
  • If I lived near to one I'd bother, but really not worth a 2hr+ drive just to get a common poke with a maxed attack iv stat, if it was Genesect or something I'd bother, but not for this.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm going to wait until this is distributed over wifi for hopefully Aus/Uk :( Even if I was American, I wouldn't bother going.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • What's the point, really? Just go out and catch one in game instead of driving miles to get an egg.
    Really.

-Totodile42
    So they can plug the anime, its all just a marketing ploy. That's why they do most events for marketing or too get money in some way.

This. Why can't we have the good events come sooner?
    Victini Liberty Pass event is not good enough as an event?

I am really hoping they do Trade for Evolution events(which was done in Japan in October through November) kind of like they did Jeremy here years ago. Or have Snarl Zoroark event.

Back