• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Seismitoad VS [Conkeldurr]

Seismitoad or Conkeldurr?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Seismitoad VS [Conkeldurr]

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Ooo the battle of the uglies LOL

I'm going with Conkeldurr, solely because he doesn't have a 4x Weakness and Seismitoad does. Not only that, Fighting types are pretty fierce. Even though Conkeldurr only has two weakness to Psychic/Flying types and Seismitoad only has that 4x weakness and non-resistance to Electric. Plus, I'd prefer Swampert over Seismitoad.

Conkeldurr's high 140 attack with moves like Mach Punch, Pursuit make him a huge and bigger(in my opinion) threat.

So first Conkeldurr voter here.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Another good weekly poll! With these two although they are deemed as the popular Pokémon of Unova, to me I'm not really fond of either of them but I guess I'll cast my vote to Seismitoad. I used both in the same team during my first playthrough but I just prefer Seismitoad to Conkeldurr.

Years
  • Aw I thought Gigalith vs. Conkeldurr would've been a lot more even (same base stats, evolve at same levels into 1st evolution, trade to evolve final evolution). Oh well.

If I had to choose between these two it'd be Conkeldurr though, thanks to his outrageously awesome attack stat, compared to Seismitoad's ugliness and mediocrity.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Conkeldurr furr shurr.
    Great HP, huge Attack, huge, and a great movepool makes it an awesome Pokemon.

Years
  • I went with Seismitoad cos it has good Attack and Sp. Attack plus it has helpful abilities and attacks.

I also love Water-types, cos they are so handy. It may be one of the very few Water-types to lack Ice Beam/Blizzard in its moveset but with a combo of Rain Dance/Swift Swim/Surf it will be something to watch out for.

Sorry, Conkeldurr. Your Speed and movepool were a let down.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Screw herpes toad. I love the Conkeldurr line and when I used Conkeldurr in the Hall of Fame challenge, it was beast. And it found a great niche in competitive play. Herpes toad? Not so much. When I was raising mine, it did fine in battles against Nimbasa stadium trainers, but the E4 lol'd in its face and it barely did anything to them.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but out of all the English-language names of Pokemon, Conkeldurr has to be up there with the worst... right? Buibapedia gave me some crappy reasoning behind the name, but I ain't buying it. It's as if Game Freak managed to create an actual version of The Incredible Hulk and have its sole role as a Game Freak employee be to name this one Pokemon. If I'm being completely honest, its horrible name is probably the reason why I never even considered obtaining one for myself in Black version. Added to this that its fugly and slow, and it was DOA in my estimations, unfortunately.

Not that I particularly love Seismitoad (or, as I'm now going to call it - thanks to Syd - Herpestoad) or anything... but it's a Water critter, which is certainly money in the bank, as far as I'm concerned. And at least Seismitoad makes sense as a name.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Aw I thought Gigalith vs. Conkeldurr would've been a lot more even (same base stats, evolve at same levels into 1st evolution, trade to evolve final evolution). Oh well.

If I had to choose between these two it'd be Conkeldurr though, thanks to his outrageously awesome attack stat, compared to Seismitoad's ugliness and mediocrity.
    This is what I was thinking, Gigalith would have been a more sensible option in this situation then Seismitoad.

As for the topic I like Conkeldurr since Trip has one, and it is definitely useful in battling as I used it quite often during my Black run.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Going with what some people said, Gigalith would've been the better option over Seismitoad.

Anyway, I went with Conkeldurr. As dumb as a carnie clown Pokemon sounds, it's not to be underestimated; attacks coming from 140 Attack are bound to hurt, especially if said Attack was boosted by Guts and/or Bulk Up.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Conkeldurr all day, Easy to look past his speed with his bulk and attack as well. I've loved Conk from seeing his sprite! I just love it. Also it's access to Drain and Mach Punch + Guts is always a plus for me.

Years
  • Ayo is this even question? Conkeldurr is a GOD DAMN THUG, this guy dgaf at all, makes the honey badger look like a little biatch. Bulk Up over every thang, winning games left and right? Seismitoad? Who are you? Smh, smh. Copied a typing that already has existed for like 3 gens how is that for originality, and mannnn, you are ugly as hell! This cat puts stunfisk to shame, man even the jynx dont come near this guy, he needs to get a mirror or better yet a stylist mang. n e ways Conkeldurr gmv cos best gg tgod

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I've yet had the chance to use Conkeldurr, but I have used Seismitoad, and it wasn't all too bad. Bear in mind that I had zero expectations prior to using it, so it was hard to get disappointed, haha.

I still choose Conkeldurr, though. It has a great attack stat, and respectable bulk with access to priority in the form of STAB Mach Punch to compensate for its low speed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I am voting based on the middle evolution :3

GUDURR IS SEXY AND AMAZING AND I WISH TO INFRACT ANYONE THAT DOESN'T VOTE FOR IT.
    ...but please don't take that seriously. XD; No infractions for anybody because Gurdurr/Conkeldurr = that great ^_____^

But yeah I love using Gudurr, it's just so... awesome. Seismitoad is good too, but I prefer Gurdurr's evolution (being Conkeldurr).

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Seismitoad for me. They both look ugly, but Conkeldurr just looks a tad more uglier. :\ Give me Machamp any day. XD Not to mention that I've actually considered using Seismitoad. I like its typing, even if it has been done before. XD 'Tis a shame about the 4x grass weakness though. :\

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Conkledurr every day. He makes Machamp look pathetic, he's got a solid move pool, and he can even take a few hits while he sits like a rock.

Seismitoad is kind of sad IMO. If I wanted a solid Water Ground type with an impressive move pool as well as great survival capability, I'd go for Gastrodon. Gastrodon makes all other Water/Ground types jelly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2012
    Unless you're facing a psychic pokemon, Bulk Up Conkeldurr is your worst nightmare. Seismitoad lacks the power needed to be a good set up. Conkeldurr all the way.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I never really liked Conkeldurr, I thought that the whole pig-holding-a-pillar concept was a bit stupid. However, Seismitoad is definitely cool. It looks very toad-like, appropriately, but the general concept of sound is executed well in Seismitoad, with the speaker-like protrusions jutting out of it's body. The two on it's head are especially cool, looking a bit like goggles. While Conkeldurr is awful, Seismitoad is one of the standouts of the mostly-lackluster 5th generation.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Herpestoad? XD
    Conkeldurr all the way booooiii!!!!!
    Why? He's got two giant concrete slabs that he could use to wipe out pretty much anything! And Herpestoad looks hideous, Conkeldurr....eeeehhhhhh only a little. Also the goatee is cool, what other Pokemon has a goatee?

Back