• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Self confidence

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Too much for my own good, probably.
    I'm very self-confident and confident in everything I do, think, feel etc.

I feel very ontop of the world and unable to lose at anything.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well, I don't believe that anyone can do anything they set their mind to... more correctly — it's about whether you really can 'set your mind on something'. I suppose that derives partially from confidence in oneself. What I have is confidence in my limits, for the best, I think.

Last edited:

Pickle-Spaghetti

Spread the bean buns
    Years
    I have extremely high confidence, i love myself to death. But I'm not completely selfish either, i very much care for others :3 I feel very confident in what ever i do pretty much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I try to think of myself positively and have a good attitude for myself, because I know that the opposite won't get me anywhere at all~

Years
    Was just thinking about someone with very low confidence whilst reading this and figured I couldn't be on par with him!

I can't measure my self confidence but I believe I have enough to get me by every day. Self belief is extremely important for the formation of a strong and independent person. Many people go through life as a doormat for insults and ignorance which they can't seem to repel because of this lacking of confidence they have...

I'm not only capable of telling someone to stop if they're defaming me or harassing me, but I'm also able to take assertive action and deal with the problem myself. I get so sad when I see others get mistreated, dishonoured or humiliated and not take action through asserting themselves.

Self confidence is important, so important. For instance, if I was a teacher & told a very unconfident student they could never take honours classes by next year, they would not challenge this statement out of shyness and it would result in a cowering away from the very notion of attempting to even try. They would also feel like dirt because they were indirectly told "you're useless". On the other hand, you have other people who are over confident which is similar to unconfidence in that a balance has not been struck.

I think I do hold self confidence. Enough for me to understand that it is a very necessary characteristic in development and as a result, I try to make use of it every day. Hope all the peeps with low confidence will find a way =P

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Ah confidence. That elusive *****.

I have very little confidence in most things I do (acting/singing aside; I'm hella good at that, lemme tell ya), and sometimes it's noticeable. I've been working on trying to improve it by willing myself into making more friends and not being as intimidated by people. I started this process with eye contact; I usually don't look at people's faces when I talk to them/they talk to me, so I've been trying to look them in the eye when they do. It's helped a lot, honestly. It's not really as bad as people make it out to be, and it's really comfortable since you don't have to feel awkward about looking somewhere else on them. I wanna go to the next step of "talk to people you want to be friends with" and "add them on Facebook if you wanna be friends", but that'll take time.

Normally, I adorn two personalities when in social situations: very open and carefree around friends, very closed and quiet when around new people/people I don't like. It's really hard to maintain them all the time, especially when they get mixed up in a group of people. I'm really trying to be open to everyone but it's really difficult because I really don't like people at all.

Ludds

I am British
    Years
    People tend to assume that I'm really confident because of how I act (some people even call me arrogant), but I think I act confidently because it's the only way I could even make myself talk to people at all.

Then again, I am more than happy to act and sing on stage in front of a lot of people so I guess I don't really have it that bad.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Self confidence and the belief one can succeed are different. I have relit overly high self confidence, but I know I'm not smart and I know I am lazy and hate routine, I don't have an outgoing friendly personality, I'm not ambitious, I'm very blunt and honest, and I will never EVER asskiss. Therefor I don't believe I will succeed at very much in the work world or even in the realm of relationships. And that's completely acceptable to me.

blue

gucci
    Years
    My confidence used to be poor, but as I've got older it's certainly grown to a point where I'm fairly confident now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Despite what many think of me, I believe that I exude a lot of self confidence. In most things I do, I have much self confidence in it whether it be a subject or school or at work or in dealing with a problem that my friends might have with me or at others. I have a a lot faith in my abilities, for the most part I know what I can and can't do. A lot of things in life, such as dealing with people problems or self speaking you can not do with a decent amount of self confidence. However there is a difference between being confident and being conceited. My ability in self confidence I believe helps me on a day to day basis. There are kids at school that think they are all that and it is annoying, but a lot of those kids are the brightest and most successful at school.

Back