• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Share game tips, tricks, and guides here!

Years
  • qsSeaSv.png

Have advice for aspiring new trainers? Just figured something out you want other players to know about? Is there a limited time promotion going on? Watched a great video guide to Pokémon GO you're anxious to share? Let us know here.

Last edited:

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    (Video Tutorial) How to Level Up in Pokemon Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFoIf4UuiMk
    A guide on how to level up easily in Pokemon Go! I've seen a lot of people asking how to level up in Pokemon Go, so I made this video to help spread information on how you can level up easily! If I missed anything, let me know!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm not sure how this works on non-Android phones, but Aiden (circuit) told us earlier today that if you go to Google Maps > Offline Areas and download your city/area, Pokemon Go will drain less battery and data. :)

Unfortunately doesn't work. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I'm not sure how this works on non-Android phones, but Aiden (circuit) told us earlier today that if you go to Google Maps > Offline Areas and download your city/area, Pokemon Go will drain less battery and data. :)

omg i love you thank you

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This apparently is legit. I would have liked to known about it from the start, haha. My fault for not searching the web before, and jumping into a game completely unprepared c:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'm not sure how this works on non-Android phones, but Aiden (circuit) told us earlier today that if you go to Google Maps > Offline Areas and download your city/area, Pokemon Go will drain less battery and data. :)

Apparently it's been proven false :(
    HqlFeF3.png

Years
  • I thought this was meant to be tips and tricks? Most of the above, if not all, are about levelling up... so let me share a few actually tips to help at all stages of the game.

There are 3 different circles when facing a wild pokemon; green (easy), orange (medium) and red (you guest it, hard). So pay attention.

Next is the curve ball. A real trick shot that will land most your balls in the gutter. Takes a while to get the hang of but does produce more exp and an easier catch rate. To actually preform it, tap and hold the ball and start spinning your finger until you see the ball sparkle, then throw it in the opposite direction to what you spun the ball... obviously at the pokemon in a curved manor.

Next up is those little footprints, 3? 1? 2? What do they mean?! Its how far away that pokemon is. 3 is 300 m and so on. What if there isnt any?! Then just tap the pokemon and like God it share appear!

Pokestops reset after 5 minutes... Need I say more?

At each 5th level you will get bigger and better items from the fore mentioned pokestops, 5 - potions and revives and berries, 10 - super potions and goes on getting better. Along with the free stuff you get at every level up.

Theres a power saver mode! (Settings > tick the checky box)

That little shield in the top right of the shop is the DEFENDER BONUS. NOT a daily bonus like most think. The more gyms you are in the better the reward... each day (which is why people thought it was a daily bonus).

Always incubate eggs as soon as you can, because 5km (3miles) is a long way.

Transfer those low CP pokemon to get special candy for that pokemon... obviously if you have others of it or you might not find it again and have useless candy. You only get +1 but every little helps when levelling a pidgy.

Oh and doesnt matter what you chose for a starter, the first 150 pokemon are available, meaning no hard choices any more guys!

Have fun and hope I helped!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Just a bit of a time saver but when you've hit a PokeStop and spun the sign you can just press the X at the bottom to collect all of the items, you don't have to tap each bubble individually.

I just found this one yesterday and loved it! lol such a simple thing.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • EXP boosting:
    Don't just evolve Pokémon one at a time whenever you can. Save them all and bulk evolve with a Lucky Egg active. If you're at the point where you have a dozen Beedrills or Pidgeots, continue to catch Pidgeys and Weedles and use the excess candy you accumulate to bulk evolve them, then transfer the secondary stage.

Just between yesterday and this morning, I'm sitting on ~140 Rattata candies with 8 Rattatas waiting in the wings. At this very moment, I can evolve five Rattatas. With a Lucky Egg active, that would be 5,000 EXP right off the bat. That adds up fast across different types of Pokémon.

Gym Runs:
    If you're going to rely on "play-to-win" methods to obtain coins (rather than pay-to-win) for purchasing consumables, then you're going to have to build an economy. Each day (usually at the end of the day after work), I would gather a few friends on my team to initiate a "gym run," meaning we drive around town taking out and leveling up gyms. The more people we have, the faster the process and generally the longer the gyms will last.

As soon as the run is complete, which in my case could range from 3-5 gyms, turn in the rewards immediately at the shop. In hotspots, gyms don't tend to last long at all. Even level 6+ gyms can go down in less than an hour if challengers are coordinated with high level teams. This obviously varies depending on the size of your town/city. Since I'm in a densely populated metropolitan area, every gym is highly contested and exchanges hands multiple times every hour. That's why I pick times when fewer people are active and groups of us execute a fast takeover while the window of opportunity is available.

Years
  • I don't know if this is any good for getting great amounts of experience or anything, but I've noticed that I have a lot of revives and potions sitting around so I got together with a few friends who were on different teams and we went to a gym that wasn't in a busy place and began trading control of it back and forth. I'd take it down and then put something weak in and they're take it down and do the same. We got like 150 exp each time and only had to sometimes use a revive or potion that we had too many of anyway. No walking around required. The only worry is if other people wander by and snatch the gym up in the few seconds between handing it over.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Free Sandwich for Catching a Pokemon in the restaurant - Only Until July 15th

Capriotti's is offering a free sub sandwich for anyone who Tweets a screenshot of a pocket monster inside a Capriotti's restaurant.

Link to Offer Details

Good until July 15th

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    apparently you can pick up pokeballs you've thrown and missed. i have yet to try it but i've heard it from several co-workers today and will be sorta upset if it's true.

false :-(

Last edited:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • apparently you can pick up pokeballs you've thrown and missed. i have yet to try it but i've heard it from several co-workers today and will be sorta upset if it's true.

Unless there's some elaborate physical mechanic associated with it, it doesn't work.

I've tried tapping it when it flies by the Pokémon, I've tried tapping it midair before it makes contact, I've tried tapping it as it rolls to the side or into the distance. I've even tried swiping up, down, left and right. The Poké Ball counter will decrease regardless.

Even worse, by attempting to recover the Poké Ball, you risk accidentally tossing out the next ball in queue.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Unless there's some elaborate physical mechanic associated with it, it doesn't work.

I've tried tapping it when it flies by the Pokémon, I've tried tapping it midair before it makes contact, I've tried tapping it as it rolls to the side or into the distance. I've even tried swiping up, down, left and right. The Poké Ball counter will decrease regardless.

Even worse, by attempting to recover the Poké Ball, you risk accidentally tossing out the next ball in queue.

darn :( well that's good to know that it's false so others don't waste pokeballs trying to retrieve them.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I've tried tapping it when it flies by the Pokémon, I've tried tapping it midair before it makes contact, I've tried tapping it as it rolls to the side or into the distance. I've even tried swiping up, down, left and right. The Poké Ball counter will decrease regardless.
    Yeah, I too have tried this and it doesn't seem to work.

Unless I'm just that physically uncoordinated, there's no way to recollect your Poké Balls after you throw them.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Take note of where Pokemon spawn on the map if you live in a residential area/somewhere not very crowded. Those locations (for me, at least), seem to never change, and continuously respawn every 30 or 60 minutes.

Still testing it, but this way if a strong Pokemon/one I haven't seen before pops up on my map I can just walk straight to it

I've been using it to track tough Pokemon, because a lot of tough pokemon come to one particular spot in my neighbourhood :) !

Back