• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shinto Ruins Discussion

Do you think Shinto Ruins will be located on top of Mt. Silver?

• Yes

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

Ayselipera

Maybe you unlock a new pokemon, kinda like Deoxys in Firered/Leafgreen.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • I think it's Mt. Silver. There's no other area covered in snow on the map. In addition, D/P/Pt's Arceus event was on top of Mt. Coronet, so it would make sense for this event to take place on top of Mt. Silver. If it is, then I really hope Red appears, if even for just a second. I can see it now:

-Egg hatches, Unown disappear
    -Screen zooms down to the entrance of the ruins
    -Red's there
    -Red says "..." and then leaves

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    On the map there is a cloud over a tiny bit over the mountain and Im assuning this is the location for it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think it's Mt. Silver. There's no other area covered in snow on the map. In addition, D/P/Pt's Arceus event was on top of Mt. Coronet, so it would make sense for this event to take place on top of Mt. Silver. If it is, then I really hope Red appears, if even for just a second. I can see it now:

-Egg hatches, Unown disappear
    -Screen zooms down to the entrance of the ruins
    -Red's there
    -Red says "..." and then leaves

/This.

Mt. Silver is the basic mountain that is seen with a visible ice cap. Not to mention, the image was shown with layers of snow around the area of the Shinto Ruins. So, this location only seems logical after activating the event from the Ruins of Alph. Like stated here as well and I've said before too, placing Arceu's event for the birth of one of the dragon's relates to the original idea of how Arceus would be found at the highest point on Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh.

However, if it is placed in Mt. Coronet, and we do happen to see Red, then I wouldn't assume he might appear, say "..." and then leave. I would honestly like to have at least one battle with him. Though, if this were to happen, then I can see it he doing that, and at a certain time in the game he appears once more. This is when he challenges us, and finally speaks [This is just an idea and speculation on what was said].

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    u make a very strong point there Hiroshi, it looks like we re gonna see much more of mount silver this time, especially that we saw very little of it before, and it seems were going to be able to explore it from top to bottom

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I really think that this event will take place at Mt.Silver after I read the (rather) genuine reasons given in the posts. That Red idea also sounds cool but I think that Red should definitely challenge us(if not ON the spot at the birth of dragons, then at some other place in Mt.Silver).

(I voted without thinking and thus I voted for arceus event not taking place at Mt.Silver.So silly of me to vote before thinking lol)

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    red is most likely to be in mount silver like he was in the previous games, but i say they will keep him in the sam spot, and i dont thnik he will be involved in the areceus event, since this event isnt available for all the fans, and it would cause a fan disapointment if u had to activate this event to be able to battle red.

Edit: I thaught i d give a pic of both mount coronet and silver to show how similar they look exterior wise, so here it is:

Shinto Ruins Discussion

mount coronet is the one on the left and mt.silver on the right, they both seem to hold something on the top, and does someone see something on mnt silver covered by a cloud, what could that thing be?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'm basically saying, if we believe that Mt. Silver is now part of the Indigo Plateau, that the Mt. Silver we explored in G/S/C can't be the ACTUAL Mt. Silver - meaning we've never gone through the ACTUAL Mt. Silver.

That sounds unrealistic. Remakes can easily change around map placements.
    Well, it could be something like the part we visited before was a different section of Mount Silver, maybe?
    And now, another new section will be available to be discovered.

If the name is truly a mix of "Shinou" and "Jouto" or "Kantou", then like Tohjo Falls, it'll keep a similar name. You're probably looking at something like "Sinntoh Ruins" or something. On the other hand, if it's NOT a mix, nor NoA's translation team doesn't see the coincidence, we'll see a different name.

No, not at all.
    The name "Shinto" is not a mix of "Shinou" and "Johto" or "Kantou", though that's a clever one you came up with, I must say...

The name is actually directly derived from one of the most followed Religion in Japan.
    The word "Shinto" is translated to be "Way of the Gods".
    So, the chances are that they will not change it while they translate it.
    But if religion issues come up, then they might be forced to, but I don't want it to be changed...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm more interested in this getting one of the dragons and maybe you can actually get all 3 and you can find the orbs around Johto and Kanto and when you take them there you get the respectful dragon matching the orb like in Platinum when you go back to Spear Pillar for Dialga and Palkia

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    >Feelings< Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura
    I'm basically saying, if we believe that Mt. Silver is now part of the Indigo Plateau, that the Mt. Silver we explored in G/S/C can't be the ACTUAL Mt. Silver - meaning we've never gone through the ACTUAL Mt. Silver.

That sounds unrealistic. Remakes can easily change around map placements.
    Well, it could be something like the part we visited before was a different section of Mount Silver, maybe?
    And now, another new section will be available to be discovered.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura
    If the name is truly a mix of "Shinou" and "Jouto" or "Kantou", then like Tohjo Falls, it'll keep a similar name. You're probably looking at something like "Sinntoh Ruins" or something. On the other hand, if it's NOT a mix, nor NoA's translation team doesn't see the coincidence, we'll see a different name.

No, not at all.
    The name "Shinto" is not a mix of "Shinou" and "Johto" or "Kantou", though that's a clever one you came up with, I must say...

The name is actually directly derived from one of the most followed Religion in Japan.
    But if religion issues come up, then they might be forced to, but I don't want it to be changed...

At last someone gave the translation of the word Shinto, thanks alot Feelings, so its Way of the Gods huh, that sounds like one capturing name, well i agree that it ll be better of if they dont change it for the english version since it has a religious meaning, or may be they will to something like the ruins of the gods or the deities or something on those lines??

oh and Hiroshi, i remember the indigo plateau being behind mount silver from the east and not on it directly and was located in kanto so it isnt on the johto map, unless nintendo has remaped its possition wich is most likely because i can see the indigo plateau on the new johto map like the old one...
    Shinto Ruins Discussion

Last edited:

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I think it's possible. Red was found somewhere left of the mountain, the pokemon league near mt. Silver, and what's on the top is where the shinto ruins would be.

"I'm basically saying, if we believe that Mt. Silver is now part of the Indigo Plateau, that the Mt. Silver we explored in G/S/C can't be the ACTUAL Mt. Silver - meaning we've never gone through the ACTUAL Mt. Silver." - Hiroshi

Shinto Ruins Discussion

Shinto Ruins Discussion

Shinto Ruins Discussion

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I think it's possible. Red was found somewhere left of the mountain, the pokemon league was past mt Silver (or now part of it), and what's on the top is where the shinto ruins would be.

http ://img30.imageshack.us/i/theory2.jpg/
    You basically hit the nail on the head. And to feelings Yaminokame and Hiroshi perfectly stated why its not related to shintoism and all. Its missing a key character and that makes your statement false. I doubt you even know Japanese unlike the people I mentioned so yeah.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Hiroshi man thanx for pointing that out, i just watched the video of the shinto ruins and the music at the ruins seems similar to those at mount coronet, even the pillars infront of the entrance of the birth room seem similar to those on top of mount coronet, so i may conclude this has a similar mood to mount coronet, which basicly has a very similar event going on at its peak as well, even if other patches of snow in kanto or johto appear, it still would make the most sense that it is located on top of mount Silver.

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • No, not at all.

I would just like to point this out there. It is a wrong assumption from the start to assume that a Japanese person would single out the religion Shinto when coming up with a name. Sure, when creating things for the game they may throw in different elements from their culture, but it does not make sense to single out Shintoism. It is an easy practice for us westerners to label ourselves a certain religion and stick with it, but that does not mean that the whole world has to be like us. Japan has a mix, and most people practice what we would consider more than one religion. Along with Shintoism in Japan, there still exists Buddhism, which is also practiced. That does not mean a Japanese person would say "I'm not Buddhist, I'm Shintoist" or vice versa. They mix and match different aspects of both. If a westerner were to ask "Which religion are you?" They are more inclined to tell you "I don't know" or "None" rather than single out one in particular. Going on top of this, though some of the ideas show Japanese culture, which we tend to see as religious (like the shrines) they are fully aware that different nations share these games, and wouldn't dare to single out any religion at one point, or go as far to name something after it. There really isn't enough evidence to support that Shinto(u) 【神道】 solely equals to Shinto 【シント】 :P

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • red is most likely to be in mount silver like he was in the previous games, but i say they will keep him in the sam spot, and i dont thnik he will be involved in the areceus event, since this event isnt available for all the fans, and it would cause a fan disapointment if u had to activate this event to be able to battle red.

Edit: I thaught i d give a pic of both mount coronet and silver to show how similar they look exterior wise, so here it is:

Shinto Ruins Discussion

mount coronet is the one on the left and mt.silver on the right, they both seem to hold something on the top, and does someone see something on mnt silver covered by a cloud, what could that thing be?

I definitely think the Shinto Ruins will be on top of Mt. Silver. The only evidence against that would be the cloud over the area at the base of Mt. Silver. I could see them covering up a special location..but if the Indigo Plateau is at the base of the mountain, I don't see any reason to cover that up.

I keep forgetting...isn't the Johto Pokemon League (Silver Conference in the anime) held at the base of Mt. Silver? So that wouldn't be the Indigo Plateau covered by clouds..I'm confused.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Hiroshi man thanx for pointing that out, i just watched the video of the shinto ruins and the music at the ruins seems similar to those at mount coronet, even the pillars infront of the entrance of the birth room seem similar to those on top of mount coronet, so i may conclude this has a similar mood to mount coronet, which basicly has a very similar event going on at its peak as well, even if other patches of snow in kanto or johto appear, it still would make the most sense that it is located on top of mount Silver.

I didn't know there was a video. Could somebody please tell me where, or link to it or some such?
    Edit: Nevermind. just checked out the other topic.
    Now, to contribute a bit...

The "Johto League" Is in fact, Indigo Plateau. Johto is unique in that (aside from just being awesome) it doesn't have it's own e4. The Silver Conference is an Anime-only thing.

And, regardless of the reason for naming it "Shinto Ruins", the word is still shinto, so they'll likely change it. The only decent substitute I see right now is actually naming it "Way of the Gods", or Origin Hall, etc., because the Game Freaks seem to like things with origin in them nowadays.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    This game is going to be GREAT! I love all the new additions and this one looks to be my favorite as of yet :)

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    You basically hit the nail on the head. And to feelings Yaminokame and Hiroshi perfectly stated why its not related to shintoism and all. Its missing a key character and that makes your statement false. I doubt you even know Japanese unlike the people I mentioned so yeah.

Anyways I hope these will be one of the the best in the series.

P.S. I think it's on the top on mt. Silver :X

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think saying it must be on Mt Silver just because there is no is probably pushing it, I would like to see changing weather in HGSS so perhaps a previously unsnowy area may get a layer ;).

I agree its likely to be a new location (outside of the usual map) like in Fire Red with the islands for some legendarys?

I don't want another place that I can see but not touch XD no events for me :(.

Back