• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    Are there any kind souls that would lend me a reedem code for diancie? I live in Peru and there is no other way im getting one

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Are there any kind souls that would lend me a reedem code for diancie? I live in Peru and there is no other way im getting one
    "lend" is not exactly the word I would use. How would you return it? :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I can't remember, are the codes region locked?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Ugh I can imagine. Im kinda glad I didn't get that event.
    Indeed, I compared the event to my own. Mine has 4 Egg Moves, it can have its hidden ability, and it has 6IVs and a special Poké Ball (Level Ball) if I abandon the hidden ability. Nintendo could have gone and created a special move to go with it; even the Pinsir got three TMs on it at receipt, though no special moves. So I basically have the Heracross for collectibility, but I sure as hell ain't using it. :)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Did anyone like the NPC dialogue when they got Diancie? On one hand it was annoying to scroll through that on each reset, on the other it made Diancie feel more special because NO ONE mentions this thing in-game at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I've been soft resetting for hours and been going on message boards to get some idea how long this may take to get a 5iv diancie (of which I did get one once, but was a neutral nature and was missing so def) but the vast majority of posters are trying for nature that boost speed (hasty, naive, etc) am I missing something? Why would you waste the extra points on such a horrible stat? (Base 50) and it's most message boards I've seen, from gamefaqs to Facebook, and I get speed is good so you can attack first, when the initial base is 50, why bother? especially when it naturally learns trick room and can also learn gyro ball, I would think intentionally lowering your speed would be more beneficial

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So I've been soft resetting for hours and been going on message boards to get some idea how long this may take to get a 5iv diancie (of which I did get one once, but was a neutral nature and was missing so def) but the vast majority of posters are trying for nature that boost speed (hasty, naive, etc) am I missing something? Why would you waste the extra points on such a horrible stat? (Base 50) and it's most message boards I've seen, from gamefaqs to Facebook, and I get speed is good so you can attack first, when the initial base is 50, why bother? especially when it naturally learns trick room and can also learn gyro ball, I would think intentionally lowering your speed would be more beneficial
    I think that those people have Mega Diancie in mind. When it mega evolves, its Speed stat jumps all the way up to 110. It also gets base 160 offenses (at the cost of a little Defense and Sp.Defense).

But if you don't plan on Mega Evolving your Diancie, then you're right, you don't wanna bother with a +Speed nature.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I think that those people have Mega Diancie in mind. When it mega evolves, its Speed stat jumps all the way up to 110. It also gets base 160 offenses (at the cost of a little Defense and Sp.Defense).

But if you don't plan on Mega Evolving your Diancie, then you're right, you don't wanna bother with a +Speed nature.

OOOOOHHH!!! Okay, I had no idea that happened, okay, yeah, THAT makes a lot of sense now, thank you for bringing that to my attention! (I am really getting to hate mega evolution more and more! If it was just blanket boosting to pokemon, great, but more and more have completely different stats than their pre evolved forms that you more and more need to train for their normal forms OR their mega forms, not always both)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So, Opinions, I got one with the IV spread 31/31/31/28-29/31/31 but it has a Neutral Nature, so should I just keep trying for the nature and IV spread I want, or settle for close to the IVs I want?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Are the codes region-locked? If so, has anybody got a spare one that will work in Australia? Me and my sibling were gonna go this weekend to get ourselves a Shiny Gengar each, but then something came up and we can't go and the promotion ends in a few days, so the only way I'm getting a code/s is on the internet. I would be very grateful to the person who gets me one, and I can even give a 5 IV Timid Protean Froakie to show gratitude.

Years
    Are the codes region-locked? If so, has anybody got a spare one that will work in Australia? Me and my sibling were gonna go this weekend to get ourselves a Shiny Gengar each, but then something came up and we can't go and the promotion ends in a few days, so the only way I'm getting a code/s is on the internet. I would be very grateful to the person who gets me one, and I can even give a 5 IV Timid Protean Froakie to show gratitude.

If you haven't read my post earlier in the thread, Australia will be getting its own Diancie event starting on the 10th, so you could just wait until then. But as far as I'm aware, the codes in the US Diancie event going on right now are region-locked because I think I heard from a user on Tumblr that they couldn't trade their Diancie to a non-US 3DS.

The codes can also be picked up on the 8th and 9th at Hoyts Cinemas where the Diancie movie will be screened during that time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    If you haven't read my post earlier in the thread, Australia will be getting its own Diancie event starting on the 10th, so you could just wait until then. But as far as I'm aware, the codes in the US Diancie event going on right now are region-locked because I think I heard from a user on Tumblr that they couldn't trade their Diancie to a non-US 3DS.

The codes can also be picked up on the 8th and 9th at Hoyts Cinemas where the Diancie movie will be screened during that time.
    I know Diancie isn't available in Australia yet, I was talking about the Shiny Gengar that's available. Sorry, I should have specified. It will no longer be available come November 5th.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Does anyone have any code of Diancie that could give me? Because in my country was not available neither Gengar and nor Diancie!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So, someone update me. Is the Diancie, at this point, STILL untradeable?

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
    i've been on my 5th soft-reset and still no 3 perfect/near perfect ivs. :/ idk how long it's going to take me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    i've been on my 5th soft-reset and still no 3 perfect/near perfect ivs. :/ idk how long it's going to take me.

Which one? Gengar or Diancie? Gengar has all 6 IVs totally random, whereas Diancie apparently has a glitch that some game cartridges get random IVs whereas others get teh correct 3 IVs. I myself got two, one in X and one in Y, and the X had no perfect IVs at all, no matter how often I reset, until I happened to get one with 2 IVs so I just took it and ran. The second Diancie in my Y game DID have the 3 perfect IVs so I kept resetting until I got a 31/31/31/29/31/31 spread, and I figured that was probably the best I could hope for so I took it. Incidentally, that took me 3 solid days of Soft Resetting. It wasn't so bad though, I was catching up on Netflix shows at the time and just kept tapping the button.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
    Which one? Gengar or Diancie? Gengar has all 6 IVs totally random, whereas Diancie apparently has a glitch that some game cartridges get random IVs whereas others get teh correct 3 IVs. I myself got two, one in X and one in Y, and the X had no perfect IVs at all, no matter how often I reset, until I happened to get one with 2 IVs so I just took it and ran. The second Diancie in my Y game DID have the 3 perfect IVs so I kept resetting until I got a 31/31/31/29/31/31 spread, and I figured that was probably the best I could hope for so I took it. Incidentally, that took me 3 solid days of Soft Resetting. It wasn't so bad though, I was catching up on Netflix shows at the time and just kept tapping the button.

Just with Diancie, the last spread I got using serebii's iv calculator was: 31 / 26,27 / 22 / 7 / 28 / 2
    and I'm still waiting to get one with some decent IV spread for a speed team.

edit: i gave up for this spread: 20, 21 / 22, 23 / 2, 3 / 8, 9 / 14, 15 / 30

Last edited:
    Back