• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Years
    So, someone update me. Is the Diancie, at this point, STILL untradeable?

I know someone posted on Tumblr (to be specific, two users, both of whose posts I since reblogged to my page) said they couldn't use the Diancie in online battles, but I'm still not sure about the trading issue. If they couldn't battle with it, there could be a chance that it may be unable to be traded as well, and that means if one wants to get it over to OR/AS they'll have to do it via Pokemon Bank which can be a fiddly process.

I could already imagine some people may not even want to get the Diancie now if they found out about these limitations. I already hate how terribly event distributions this generation have been going so far, not only has there been a severe lack of global wi-fi events (only ones I know of are Blazikenite Torchic, Fancy Vivillon and the recent Super Size Pumpkaboo) but almost every event barring those have either been exclusive to a certain country or have those single-use codes which I think is a stupid way to distribute event Pokemon.

Game Freak are like being totally literal with the term "region-locked" here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I know someone posted on Tumblr (to be specific, two users, both of whose posts I since reblogged to my page) said they couldn't use the Diancie in online battles, but I'm still not sure about the trading issue. If they couldn't battle with it, there could be a chance that it may be unable to be traded as well, and that means if one wants to get it over to OR/AS they'll have to do it via Pokemon Bank which can be a fiddly process.

I could already imagine some people may not even want to get the Diancie now if they found out about these limitations. I already hate how terribly event distributions this generation have been going so far, not only has there been a severe lack of global wi-fi events (only ones I know of are Blazikenite Torchic, Fancy Vivillon and the recent Super Size Pumpkaboo) but almost every event barring those have either been exclusive to a certain country or have those single-use codes which I think is a stupid way to distribute event Pokemon.

What do you mean a fiddly process? I just moved my Diancie from X to Pokebank, then swapped teh X and Y cartridges and moved it into there. Took seconds each time. And since Diancie has a time limit on the availability of the event, their options are to get it now or wait 5 years till the next event comes out, particularly if the Diancie remains untradeable. (The last Mew was given out in 2010)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016

Here's what I'm concluding. See the following post I'm quoting which is above yours:

Just with Diancie, the last spread I got using serebii's iv calculator was: 31 / 26,27 / 22 / 7 / 28 / 2
    and I'm still waiting to get one with some decent IV spread for a speed team.

edit: i gave up for this spread: 20, 21 / 22, 23 / 2, 3 / 8, 9 / 14, 15 / 30
    Nintendo obviously wanted all Diancie to be a minimum of 3 perfect IVs. These ones are not registering that every time due to the apparent glitch. Those Diancie are being blocked by the GTS.

The only fix is to allow any and all Diancie to be tradeable from this event. That is the only fix. The only limitation at this point should be Shiny since it is not released. Other Diancie can enforce the usual limitation, and Nintendo needs to re-release the Diancie event for those who did not get the correct Diancie. Because these people will NOT get a Diancie that can be traded to the new games for the Mega Stone. Of course, they can keep them untradeable and just put a Diancie event in OR/AS, but that would conflict with the Shiny Beldum.

Years
    What do you mean a fiddly process? I just moved my Diancie from X to Pokebank, then swapped teh X and Y cartridges and moved it into there. Took seconds each time. And since Diancie has a time limit on the availability of the event, their options are to get it now or wait 5 years till the next event comes out, particularly if the Diancie remains untradeable. (The last Mew was given out in 2010)

The main problem I'm mentioning about Bank is that not everyone can afford it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The main problem I'm mentioning about Bank is that not everyone can afford it.

Its $5 a YEAR. the game is $39 - $44 (depending on the store) and you can use Nintendo eShop gift cards to pay for it, so if you can afford the game, you can afford Pokebank. Heck, if you buy the game at Wal Mart instead of EB Games the $5 you save on teh price difference pays for 1 year of Pokebank.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2014
    I have got a shiny gengar code from GAME in UK, but my 3DS and games are JP ver.
    Anyone here can use the code for me and trade with me?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Then why the hell are they buying new games?

And what Howmander said before me.
    I think that has to do with the availability of eShop cards and the fact you need a credit card otherwise to get it. I have that same dilema; I could go to the store right now and get a brand new copy of Pokemon X if I really wanted. You can't do that for Pokemon Bank; you need to either get a eShop card which only a few stores in my area have or use a credit card of some type, and the minimum amount is $10 since Nintendo in their infinite wisdom no longer sells $5 cards. I have a prepaid card with only $11 bucks on it that I don't wanna waste on Pokemon Bank, and going to Gamestop just for an eShop card is a hassle. I really wish they just sold Pokemon Bank cards alongside the games themselves.

By the way, about that Diancie glitch.... Howmander, you said your Pokemon X version had the glitch, but your Y version of the game didn't. Do you know anyone with a glitched Diancie on Pokemon Y? My Diancie isn't glitched at all and was redeemed on my copy of Pokemon Y.

Last edited:

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    By the way, about that Diancie glitch.... Howmander, you said your Pokemon X version had the glitch, but your Y version of the game didn't. Do you know anyone with a glitched Diancie on Pokemon Y? My Diancie isn't glitched at all and was redeemed on my copy of Pokemon Y.

The one where it doesn't always get 3 perfect IVs like a Legendary should?

I've heard it was something with the latest patch, not the version -- just that redeeming it before updating it warrants some glitched Diancies.
    I wish I could add something to that theory, but I just tried to update my copy of X and, go figure, the eShop is down for maintenance. :P Was your copy updated before you redeemed it?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    The one where it doesn't always get 3 perfect IVs like a Legendary should?

I've heard it was something with the latest patch, not the version -- just that redeeming it before updating it warrants some glitched Diancies.
    I wish I could add something to that theory, but I just tried to update my copy of X and, go figure, the eShop is down for maintenance. :P Was your copy updated before you redeemed it?
    No, I don't believe it was. I remember after I got my Diancie I tried to go shiny hunting on the GTS and it wouldn't let me because my game needed updating... and I went to the eShop to update it and I had to update my 3DS to access eShop. :/ It has perfect IVs in attack, defense, and special attack.

Years
    This might have been addressed earlier, but I read back a couple of pages and it hadn't so anyway... Is there any sort of known expiration date for the codes?

I picked up a Gengar code because Gengar is pretty awesome and shiny is even better, but I don't have a copy of X at the moment because I traded it in a while ago. I will eventually rebuy X when I get a good deal on it so I can put the Gengar on ORAS, but does anyone have any idea if the code will expire at all?

Also I think I read somewhere that Diancie can be redeemed on ORAS and X/Y, is that right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    This might have been addressed earlier, but I read back a couple of pages and it hadn't so anyway... Is there any sort of known expiration date for the codes?

I picked up a Gengar code because Gengar is pretty awesome and shiny is even better, but I don't have a copy of X at the moment because I traded it in a while ago. I will eventually rebuy X when I get a good deal on it so I can put the Gengar on ORAS, but does anyone have any idea if the code will expire at all?

Also I think I read somewhere that Diancie can be redeemed on ORAS and X/Y, is that right?

Well the codes have the expiry dates printed directly on them (Gengar 10/13 - 10/26, Diancie 10/27 - 11/16) so whatever those means is what it is

Years
    Diancie can be redeamed on X/Y and then transfered to ORAS to MegaEvolve.

Ah, that's disappointing, I was hoping it could go directly on to ORAS.

Well the codes have the expiry dates printed directly on them (Gengar 10/13 - 10/26, Diancie 10/27 - 11/16) so whatever those means is what it is

I'm not sure what the distribution is like elsewhere, but in the UK we just get a code on a receipt with no form of expiry date on it. Our range of dates is different (Gengar ends today here) as well so the expiry of any US codes will be different I would think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm not sure what the distribution is like elsewhere, but in the UK we just get a code on a receipt with no form of expiry date on it. Our range of dates is different (Gengar ends today here) as well so the expiry of any US codes will be different I would think.

so you don't get code cards that look like this?

Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    No, I don't believe it was. I remember after I got my Diancie I tried to go shiny hunting on the GTS and it wouldn't let me because my game needed updating... and I went to the eShop to update it and I had to update my 3DS to access eShop. :/ It has perfect IVs in attack, defense, and special attack.

Welp. I was planning on SR'ing for awhile.. First try and I got a Brave Diancie with perfect Attack, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Def. Now I'm stuck.

With the differences in stats between regular Diancie and Mega Diancie, I dunno if I wanna keep it now.

Oh, and reporting back in because I didn't get a "glitched" one as I had anticipated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Welp. I was planning on SR'ing for awhile.. First try and I got a Brave Diancie with perfect Attack, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Def. Now I'm stuck.

With the differences in stats between regular Diancie and Mega Diancie, I dunno if I wanna keep it now.

Oh, and reporting back in because I didn't get a "glitched" one as I had anticipated.

It's still quite usable, because who knows how long it will be before you find the Diancite, maybe it's a post game Mega stone, who knows? I too was going for a Brave one until I ended up with my neutral natured one with 31/31/31/29/31/31 spread, so even though it wasn't what I was looking for, I still like it because now it is equal between mega OR normal form, I don't have to decide between which one I want to train for.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    It's still quite usable, because who knows how long it will be before you find the Diancite, maybe it's a post game Mega stone, who knows? I too was going for a Brave one until I ended up with my neutral natured one with 31/31/31/29/31/31 spread, so even though it wasn't what I was looking for, I still like it because now it is equal between mega OR normal form, I don't have to decide between which one I want to train for.

That's what I would have preferred, honestly. But I kept getting 3 perfect IVs, and the attack stat kept coming up as a 0. Ugh.

So I did keep going. In my first one, Diancie's Speed IV was a 0 and that just wasn't working for me. It's already terrible to begin with, but 49 at level 50 is just awful.
    Settled for a Lonely with perfect HP, Attack, and Sp. Attack. I don't know the exact IV spread -- too in-depth for me -- but our Speed stat is 70-something now (improvement?!), and everything else is relatively similar to what it was the first time, save for slightly lower Defense and a slightly higher HP. /shrug

I don't play competitively, at all, for what it's worth. I just wanted her to be semi-useful whether normal or Mega. And she sort of is, lol.

Years
    Does anyone have a spare EU Diancie code? I can't get one in my country and I really want one :( Thank you very much :)

I found a code for Diancie... it's so beautiful!!!

Last edited:
    Back