• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been soft-resetting for Diancie multiple times since downloading it from Mystery Gift, and it turned up with 3 perfect IVs each time.
    Wait really? Have you been using an IV calculator or the IV Judge or both?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I've been soft-resetting for Diancie multiple times since downloading it from Mystery Gift, and it turned up with 3 perfect IVs each time.

Can you post a picture of your Diancie's summary so that we can determine which online IV calculator is correct please? Thank you!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Wait really? Have you been using an IV calculator or the IV Judge or both?

I used both. I also have a knack of determining whether a level 50 Pokemon's IVs are perfect or not (30-31).

Just add 20 to a Pokemon's base stat (75 for HP), and you can tell that this particular stat is perfect (or semi-perfect).

In this case, a neutral-natured Diancie should have at least 3 of the following perfect IVs (four or more if you're lucky); in order of HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed:
    125/120/170/120/170/70. Of course, if a nature should affect one of the perfect IVs, just multiply that stat by 1.1 if it benefits, or by 0.9 if it hinders.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I used both. I also have a knack of determining whether a level 50 Pokemon's IVs are perfect or not (30-31).

Just add 20 to a Pokemon's base stat (75 for HP), and you can tell that this particular stat is perfect (or semi-perfect).

In this case, a neutral-natured Diancie should have at least 3 of the following perfect IVs (four or more if you're lucky); in order of HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed:
    125/120/170/120/170/70. Of course, if a nature should affect one of the perfect IVs, just multiply that stat by 1.1 if it benefits, or by 0.9 if it hinders.

So n other words you WON'T post a pic to help us out then?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So n other words you WON'T post a pic to help us out then?

Hold your horses, I didn't see that message. Seriously, there's no need to jump to conclusions and be rude about this.

Spoiler:

Perfect IVs in HP, Defense and Speed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hold your horses, I didn't see that message. Seriously, there's no need to jump to conclusions and be rude about this.

Spoiler:

Perfect IVs in HP, Defense and Speed.

Alright, so now we've determined that the serebii calculator IS in fact correct, as I got the same perfect IVs as you did, however, the statement that that egg group is always 3 perfect IVs is now no longer true, as my Diancie proves:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0t5dfja05vkz6m/photo.JPG?dl=0

and that is the first Diancie I got that had ANY perfect IVs (this one only has two, but I kept it thinking that it might be the best one I get) however, at least we can rule out that the Serebii calculator was wrong because it's apparently not.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Alright, so now we've determined that the serebii calculator IS in fact correct, as I got the same perfect IVs as you did, however, the statement that that egg group is always 3 perfect IVs is now no longer true, as my Diancie proves:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0t5dfja05vkz6m/photo.JPG?dl=0

and that is the first Diancie I got that had ANY perfect IVs (this one only has two, but I kept it thinking that it might be the best one I get) however, at least we can rule out that the Serebii calculator was wrong because it's apparently not.

My guess is that some game cartridges don't register that Diancie is in the Undiscovered egg group, making any ones that are received at each reset not have the 3 perfect IVs. This is a weird case; I read a couple Tumblr posts about someone having the same problem:

https://crystalelemental.tumblr.com/post/101118950568/dear-pokemon-i-couldnt-help-but-notice-this

https://crystalelemental.tumblr.com...rious-question-to-anyone-else-who-got-diancie

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Out of curiosity is it possible to reset for shinyness? The Japanese ones to my knowledge have the same stats and nature, but the event we got generates a random Pokemon each soft reset.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Out of curiosity is it possible to reset for shinyness? The Japanese ones to my knowledge have the same stats and nature, but the event we got generates a random Pokemon each soft reset.

It's impossible to reset for shinies from the looks of things; Diancie may be shiny-locked. I think that whoever had that Diancie cloned it and distributed it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    I'll be picking up mine sometime this week. If you need one and can't get one then feel free to PM me; I'll be getting 2-3 extra codes again for people on here. First come, first serve. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • After spending the next half hour or so of soft-resetting, I finally netted myself a 5-IV Hasty Diancie for OR/AS:

Pic for proof:
    Spoiler:

Serebii IV calculator results:

#719 Diancie [Hasty]
    IVs: 26, 27 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 31
    Stats at Lv.50: 123 / 120 / 153 / 120 / 170 / 77

Sure, it's going to take a bit more from Talonflame, but at least the 5 perfect IVs are there in the right places, plus the HP IV isn't too shabby.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • I went to my local Gameplanet and they had run out of codes. Heard they were also handing them online so I decided to give that a go, but the codes there had also run out. I just wish that events would be given away via Wi-Fi like they used to instead of me wishing I lived in the US because in Mexico there are like four Gameplanet stores in the entire country :l

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Diancie event - Help a boy of 2nd world!

I live in Brazil and here it is not possible to obtain the code from the Diancie event, I wonder if someone could give me a code for me to get it because I really want to, Brazil is the 4th largest consumer of games in the world and yet happens here anything about pokemon :( if anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful.

(Written by Google translator sorry if something is wrong written)

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I'm getting quite a few requests for extra codes, so should supply run out in my town, I'll be dishing these out on a first come, first serve basis.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • Me too, I'd like a Diancie code (and maybe Gengar too?) since events never happen in our country >_<
    The only ones I could ever get are wifi events TAT

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • Is anyone from the US experiencing problems with the code server? I can't seem to get the diancie since yesterday and I've getting error codes since then. :/

Back