• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Yuscrecio

Fellow Sista'
Years
  • Yami_Zidane said:
    Well thats rather strange as you can't actually catch Typhlosion on the ruby version, only emerald as far as i know. Unless you caught the Quilava from Colosseum in which case you should have stated in the begining.
    Ahh... sorry about that! >.< Yes, that is what I did, I forgot to tell that because I've had him for a while, sorry Yami.

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • W00t! *Does the Legendary Shiny dance*
    Akidatheart, here is a strategy I came up with to get the Lati once you found it:
    Fly to Pacifilog or whatever it's called. Check your PDX to see where the lati is. If it's nowhere near, fly to Pacificlog agian (It works even though you're already there when you fly) Continue this process until you check the dex and see that the Lati is
    A) On the route Right of PAcificlog
    B) On the route Left of PacificLog
    C) 2 routes to the left of PAcificLog
    D) 2 Routes to the Right of PL

For A or B, go to the OPPISATE side of where the lati is (EX If the lati is to the right, go to the left and vise-versa) Check the dex. If the lati is in the area, look for it in the water! If it isn't, repeat the flying to PL process.

For C or D, go in the direction of where the Lati is. Check the dex. If the lati is in the area, look for it in the water! If it isn't, repeat the flying to PL process.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway, my Shiny Regi hunt isn't going well...

I have a question:
    Say you see the TV report, find the lati without saving,and it isn't shiny. Do you have to restart the whole game, or can you soft reset over and over?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    *sigh that Devon Resercher fossil guy still hasnt given me my shiny anorith :( but i want a shiny armaldo soooo bad so i wont give up!! :cool:

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • Yuscrecio u got the typhlosion from col right? how many tries did it take ?

yami are u breeding in fr / lg for the squirtle or ruby /sap /em ?

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    i am in the silph co thing and my last post it was the 7th gym not 8th

FR update
    sliph co tower

Akidatheart

Pokémom
    Years
  • Finally!! Shiny Latios is mine! You would not believe the effort that went into catching it. First I false swiped it in about 3 encounters till it was down to one hp. Then I encountered it with my Crobat and used mean look.. kept throwing various pokeballs and healing.. then it used struggle or something like that and I had to turn off and start looking again because it fainted... so I decided to get my Minun and paralyze it.. had to swap it over from another game and with it an extra luxury ball.. got all my luxury balls into this game, 6 of them actually.. not really thinking I would be able to catch it with them.. encountered Latios and paralyzed it, it fled.. then encountered it again and threw 3 luxury balls and the third one caught it!!! (was just lucky as heck it didn't use refresh!) Thanks to both Ryan and metal sonic for the tips, it really did help me to encounter Latios easier. I guess you all know I will have to try to get shiny Latias now.. (I bought an Eon ticket from ebay ages ago) I dread all the resets but Latios needs Latias to be shiny too..(for company!)
    EDIT- what the heck is struggle anyway? It isn't a move that Latios has...

Last edited:

Yuscrecio

Fellow Sista'
    Years
  • shido said:
    Yuscrecio u got the typhlosion from col right? how many tries did it take ?
    Well, from Col. it took me many tries. I didn't keep exact count, but somewhere in the 50's. I only kept track of tens, I did this in one week, after school. XD

Does MetalMario do the SHC cards? ^____^

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
    Years
  • Akidatheart said:
    Struggle is a move that every pokemon has when they run out of PP for all moves.

Anyways, didn't bring my Advanced to Disneyland, I wouldn't have played it anyway...

Still no luck with Treecko, and speaking of Treecko... Can SOMEBODY please not search for Treecko, I think (if I'm right) 4-5 people started searching for it the day I announced I was, and all after my post! It's not that I don't want you people to have it, it's just that I wanted to be the first (or whatever) to get it and if a buncha other people are hunting it it kinda puts out the fun of catching it...

<I>Kobra<I>

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Akidatheart said:
    Finally!! Shiny Latios is mine! You would not believe the effort that went into catching it. First I false swiped it in about 3 encounters till it was down to one hp. Then I encountered it with my Crobat and used mean look.. kept throwing various pokeballs and healing.. then it used struggle or something like that and I had to turn off and start looking again because it fainted... so I decided to get my Minun and paralyze it.. had to swap it over from another game and with it an extra luxury ball.. got all my luxury balls into this game, 6 of them actually.. not really thinking I would be able to catch it with them.. encountered Latios and paralyzed it, it fled.. then encountered it again and threw 3 luxury balls and the third one caught it!!! (was just lucky as heck it didn't use refresh!) Thanks to both Ryan and metal sonic for the tips, it really did help me to encounter Latios easier. I guess you all know I will have to try to get shiny Latias now.. (I bought an Eon ticket from ebay ages ago) I dread all the resets but Latios needs Latias to be shiny too..(for company!)

How much did u pay for the Eon Ticket? I had one, but i lost it...

Akidatheart

Pokémom
    Years
  • I don't remember exactly how much I paid for my eon ticket.. around 10 dollars I think. It was when they first came out so it has been a while. Back on topic.. I have been searching for a shiny torchic (resetting in ruby) for ages.. I think I know why I have had no luck.. Even though it has been a year since I decided I wanted a shiny torchic, I have probably only spent 10 or so hours total resetting. (more than that, but not nearly enough) I'm going to reset all day tomorrow while I watch tv.. and the next day and the.... you get the idea. Shiny Torchic will be mine!! Mbwahahaha :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Yuscrecio said:
    Well, from Col. it took me many tries. I didn't keep exact count, but somewhere in the 50's. I only kept track of tens, I did this in one week, after school. XD

Does MetalMario do the SHC cards? ^____^
    Yes - he does and I used to and I might start it up again if I ever start communicating with him... >.>

Congratulations on securing the Latios! That is spectacular, I'm very happy for you!

I don't know for sure, but I think that's a new shiny? What the heck - I'll do it even if it's not a new shiny *does the new shiny dance*

*Hunts the Tauros'*

Edit: I was in a dorky mood so I decided to whip out a quick SHC AIM buddy icon
    shinyicon1ax.gif

Feel free to use it if you want to.

I need to get to bed now - bye for now.

Edit 2: It's too fast (.1 frame per second) for me to set it at transparant background - it'll glitch if you try to use it on AIM.
    You could use this toned down one if you want to - it has a gray BG similar to the BG color of AIM boxes.
    shinyiconlow7xw.gif

Last edited:

Yuscrecio

Fellow Sista'
    Years
  • Oh, ok. I put in a request for a SHC card. ^_^

Ooops... sorry about that KK, I didn't know someone was already hunting Treeko, I'll look for another then. :)

Well, I'm very happy right now! I have gotten A SHINY GENGAR!! I had a Ghastly in Col. and then evolved it into a Haunter. My mom told me to put my games away, and right when I traded it to my Ruby version, it was shiny, and then I traded it to my other ruby and back to get a shiny Gengar!! I'M SOOO HAPPY! ^___^

Ummm... do we only put the last evolution stage of the Pokemon on the SHC? I think it would be pointless to put all the stages, takes up too much space. Am I right, or how does that work?

The True Keyblade Master

The True Keyblade Master
    Years
  • Kim congratuulations on that spectacular catch,lol i have 9 eon tickets my cuzin gave oen to his poekmon i tardd it for the pokemno and it multiplied up to 9 lol ad i ahve saph so im soft reseting for latios...yay:(

Years
  • ryan said:
    Yes - he does and I used to and I might start it up again if I ever start communicating with him... >.>

Congratulations on securing the Latios! That is spectacular, I'm very happy for you!

I don't know for sure, but I think that's a new shiny? What the heck - I'll do it even if it's not a new shiny *does the new shiny dance*

*Hunts the Tauros'*

Edit: I was in a dorky mood so I decided to whip out a quick SHC AIM buddy icon
    shinyicon1ax.gif

Feel free to use it if you want to.

I need to get to bed now - bye for now.

Edit 2: It's too fast (.1 frame per second) for me to set it at transparant background - it'll glitch if you try to use it on AIM.
    You could use this toned down one if you want to - it has a gray BG similar to the BG color of AIM boxes.
    shinyiconlow7xw.gif

yay, and for some reason, i always felt the carlton dance was the new shiny dance, i mean i do it when people catch shinys

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    Akidatheart said:
    I don't remember exactly how much I paid for my eon ticket.. around 10 dollars I think. It was when they first came out so it has been a while. Back on topic.. I have been searching for a shiny torchic (resetting in ruby) for ages.. I think I know why I have had no luck.. Even though it has been a year since I decided I wanted a shiny torchic, I have probably only spent 10 or so hours total resetting. (more than that, but not nearly enough) I'm going to reset all day tomorrow while I watch tv.. and the next day and the.... you get the idea. Shiny Torchic will be mine!! Mbwahahaha :D

yeah, i know what you mean.....i was up all until 1:30 in the morning for the past three days in the devon company building resetting my ruby version so that fossil guy can give my shiny anorith......still no luck :( (im actually looking for it at this moment) but im never giving up because i want shiny armaldo sooo bad! i think after i find shiny anorith, ill prob. look for shiny whismur or solrock....i dont know yet...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Yuscrecio said:
    Well, I'm very happy right now! I have gotten A SHINY GENGAR!! I had a Ghastly in Col. and then evolved it into a Haunter. My mom told me to put my games away, and right when I traded it to my Ruby version, it was shiny, and then I traded it to my other ruby and back to get a shiny Gengar!! I'M SOOO HAPPY! ^___^

So then you got a Gastly from Colosseum yes? well i've been doing my research and you can't catch Gastly or its evolutions in Colosseum or XD:Gale Of Darkness. And even if you did trade your "Shiny Haunter" to you ruby it would have evolved so there would be no need to trade it again, it seems you have told a lie to us here at the SHC, so i will allow you to come clean and explain yourself or you may risk expultion from the club.

Sorry to be so harsh about this but we have to try and trust everyone and as a Co-Owner i try to look into everyones claims to see if there truthfull. You don't need to lie to us, its the fun of finding shinys over how many you have.

So moving on from that sour note, Congrats to Kim! your very lucky.. i envy you .__.

And i finally hatched my Modest Squirtle so i'll be EV training that from now on firstly in HP so i'll battling Caterpie's and Grimer's, i would be rather happy with a shiny Muk they look rather cool
    pkrssh107.gif
    so i would'nt mind owning it, so if one pops up i'll be sure to snag it =D

Back