• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • @HM: It's a good deal as far as rarity goes. Combee is pretty rare. Female ones are eight times as rare, and shinies are, as we all know, friggin' rare! But, I think shiny Espeon and Umbreon are much nicer than shiny Vespiquen. (Just bright red/orange.) I'd have probably kept the Eevee for that reason, or tried to find an equally rare yet better looking shiny from a trustworthy source.

3841 Dialgas. That means I did 3383 last week, which isn't so bad.

Edit: Not worth its own post: 4318 Dialgas.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have a shiny Umbreon, and I got a Shiny Cresselia from a reliable source, it's Japanese though, I traded for my hacked Arceus(I didn't hack it, I got it in a little "giveaway" on another site.) She knew it was hacked. Although it Japanese, it's still a legit shiny.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
    Years
  • Hey all. Lol no luck with chimchar yet. SR for it for 18hours this weekend but no luck, I'm gonna continue to SR for it today and maybe make a little time for cranidos too. Lol it'll be a long long while till I have the PokeRadar since in Diamond I'm not even at dialga yet which I plan on SRing for. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm fairly excited about hunting for Azelf suddenly. I was just looking at its shiny sprite earlier today, I want it pretty badly. I guess this is just more incentive for me to get Drifloon an d Dialga, eh? I also want to start breeding for shinies this generation, too, due to all the new moves being introduced (for example, I would have never considered breeding for a shiny Vulpix this generation if it wasn't capable of learning Energy Ball or Nasty Plot). I've been sick, so I haven't been able to hunt much. I want to get Drifloon soon, so I can move on to other hunts.

MM, I assume you use some sort of machine to count your soft resets since they seem to be so exact; what exactly are you using?

Years
  • I'm using a dumb little program that keeps track of a number. When I'm away from my PC, I just count in my head. It's not 100% accurate, but it's close; closer than counting time.

I'm not really all that excited about the shiny lake pixies. I find they look just as good if not better when not shiny. (especially Uxie or whichever the yellow one is) Azelf's the one that actually looks okay, so if I go after any, it'd be him. (Sorry Fufu! :P)

Ninetales still strikes me as an accessory. I keep thinking of Will-o-Wisp, Confuse Ray, and Imprison whenever I think of it. How good is her Special Attack anyway?

The experience calculations in my program are working perfectly. I spent like an hour testing, using rare candies on my pokes in Sapphire to make sure the numbers were all the same. I just kinda have to write the other 95% and then it'll be awesome! ;)

4554 Dialga resets. It's palindrome time again.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
    Years
  • I agree with MM on the whole Shiny Vespiqueen thing. I'm not a fan of Vespiqueen or Combee as it is, and their Shiny forms are boring. You could've had a Shiny Glaceon or Leafeon. Umbreon is teh best of Eevee's Shiny Evos.

I dunno where you get your strength MM. SRing all that time, like 4000 in a week. o.o Wish I had your strength and stamina...

Shiny Update:
    Scyther: Lending my FR to somebody so they can catch Growlithe in their Pearl. so no go for a day or two.
    Ponyta: 31 seen (w00t one more than last time)
    Spiritomb: I've only met 1 person in the underground -_- so that will be a while before I see them. I HAVE TO GO TO STARBUCKS SOON, THEY HAVE WIFI.
    Cranidos (going to go for it) : Going to start SRing for it tonight, I just got fly so my commute will be a ton easier. Going for AT LEAST 100 SRs by the teh end of the night. I hope AC4 won't distract me too much :P

Thinking of adding another to my list, but I don't know of anything that might interest me. Or maybe I do, because Giratina is like teh pwnage of shinies. I'm not a fan of gold and red, so they turn him silver and blue (2 of my 3 favorite colors!)! Where can you get it btw?

*Reads active users bar* PMG, KIM IS HERE!?

EDIT: Ok, I'm confused, I checked Serebii's Item List and another Underground Items list, and I can't find this Item I missed! It was a regular bone, just a regular shape bone, and I missed it by one chop with the pickaxe >< I think it was a Bone Club, but it says that that isn't an underground item!

<I>Kobra<I>

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • KK, I think you found the Rare Bone. All you do is sell it for a high price.

I want a shiny Lucario all of a sudden. I think I'll breed for one after I beat the E4.

MM, I agree with you that Ninetales is more of a supportive Pokemon, at least for the past generations. I'm not too sure about the effectiveness of Imprison (most Pokemon with Flamethrower or Will-O-Wisp will have something to beat Ninetales anyways, and I'm just not a big fan of Confuse Ray). IIRC, Ninetales has base 80 SAtk, which is pretty good for UU; combine that with its base 100 Speed, Nasty Plot, Hypnosis, and a pretty good special movepool (Flamethrower, Energy Ball, and Extrasensory are some that come to mind), and you've got yourself a pretty good UU sweeper. I'd run a Nasty Plot/Overheat/Energy Ball/Hypnosis@White Herb...ugh, I hate when I talk about Pokemon like this, makes me want to shiny hunt for them more! ^^ I actually agree with you about the legendary pixie trio this gen, but I'm always trying to complete some sort of set...that's why I probably won't hunt for Uxie and Mesprit until I have gotten many other shiny targets.

Edit: Looked at my sig, and I yearn for a shiny Jirachi once again. I think I'll actually begin to hunt for it next week. That's the last week of school for me (at least until sometime in August), and by then, I shouldn't have as many projects to do. Good luck to everyone hunting.

Years
  • I was at Stark Mountain, SRing for Heatran, when all of a sudden...... SHINY!
    I was almost asleep, but that woke me up. I got it down to red health, I'd say about 30 HP. I'm chucking ultra balls at it like there is no tomorrow, and then.... I fall asleep! I wake up hours later, to my mom telling me "I finished the battle you were in." I though nothing of it, because I forgot about the shiny Heatran. I turn my game on... Heatran is gone! My mom killed it, so now, not only do I not have a shiny Heatran, I don't have a Heatran at all!
    Time to find someone willing to trade....

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • ^Sorry to hear about that. I don't really see how you could fall asleep when you're facing a SHINY pokemon though. When I found my shiny Eevee and Scyther late at night, I was wide awake for another three hours. Why didn't you just Master Ball it, or try to use a Quick Ball? If neither of those worked, and you were really THAT tired, I would've plugged up the DS (Lite) to its charger and put it in sleep mode. But that's me...

Hunting for Drifloon. I think I'm going to start counting soft resets now.

Edit: I may start hunting for Moltres or Abra again on FR. What do you guys think? Too many targets at once? Oh, and I should be getting my own Pearl this weekend, too, so, woot.

Edit2: I decided to hunt for Moltres on FR and Latias on Ruby, too...

Last edited:

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
    Years
  • Well, I feel bad for you Haunter Master, but I also agree with Fufu. How can you POSSIBLY fall asleep just like that during a fight? I can see while in the middle of SRing, but not during a battle! No offense, but I find it quite hard to believe.

Shiny Update:
    Scyther: Friend still has my FR.
    Ponyta: Still at 31.
    Spiritomb: Found out the easy way to get 32 people talked to, so will begin the SRing soon.
    Cranidos: 130 SRs. SRing and D/P is REALLY annoying, but I'll pull through. I'm basically doing a few resets and then going back to beating the game, and then returning again.

Good luck on the Shiny Hunts everyone!

BTW, nobody answered my question on where I can find Giratina.

Also, thx Fufu, I just checked the guide today before I saw that, but thx anyway. :D

<I>Kobra<I>

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Well, I feel bad for you Haunter Master, but I also agree with Fufu. How can you POSSIBLY fall asleep just like that during a fight? I can see while in the middle of SRing, but not during a battle! No offense, but I find it quite hard to believe.

Shiny Update:
    Scyther: Friend still has my FR.
    Ponyta: Still at 31.
    Spiritomb: Found out the easy way to get 32 people talked to, so will begin the SRing soon.
    Cranidos: 130 SRs. SRing and D/P is REALLY annoying, but I'll pull through. I'm basically doing a few resets and then going back to beating the game, and then returning again.

Good luck on the Shiny Hunts everyone!

BTW, nobody answered my question on where I can find Giratina.

Also, thx Fufu, I just checked the guide today before I saw that, but thx anyway. :D

<I>Kobra<I>

You can find Giratina in Turnback Cave, which is located around the east side of Route 214. You can only get there after obtaining the National Dex.

Did I mention that I found out a more effecient way to soft reset one-handed on the DS Lite (and possibly the DS Phat, I've forgotten where the Start and Select Buttons are on the DS Phat)? It only works for people that are have large hands and are right-handed. For my method, I form a right angle with my index finger and my thumb. My index finger is long enough to press both L and R at the same time (I have pretty big hands, and it makes sense since I'm about 6' 2"). My thumb presses Start and Select. I use my other fingers as sort of a prop for the DS on the back side. I can take a picture of my showing the way your hand is supposed to be, if you guys would want that. Because your left hand is totally free, you can use it to soft reset for something else simple, like a starter or a legendary that you save directly in front of. That's how I'm SRing for Moltres, Latias, and Drifloon simultaneously with ease. I hope you guys try to utilize it - it's quite easy once you get the hang of it. Good luck, everyone.

I'm hunting for Drifloon while I complete some of these projects.

Edit: I've also decided who's going to be my first PokeRadar target: Psyduck

Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Morning all

My god HM thats ridiculous XD i think my DS would have been flung against the nearest wall followed by a swift word with my mother if that were me.

Well I'm just posting to see if anyone takes any notice as my last post was well pretty much ignored. Still in MT Pyre working on getting Sabeleye to Level 100, he's at 91 at the moment, contemplating staying there until I encounter a shiny or picking a new mon to train up and going to a different area to train.

I'm currently working on getting a new DS (a free one at that) and then I'll probably import Diamond and get started on that, Its really annoying when everyone is talking about them on a bunch of Pokémon sites so I decided I need to get one as soon as possible instead of waiting till the end of June

That's all for now.
    29 Chimecho's and counting.

piggy555

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 9, 2007
    Hi all, sorry i havent posted since ... well, since i joined. I just really havent had time.

I was walking around the Safari Zone in my Diamond the other day, and i found a shiny starly, and caught it. Hopefully i dont delete it like i did my shiney linoone...

Its kinda funny that whenever i try to find a shiney, i never do, but when im randomly walking around, i do find them.

Congrats to any one else who caught a shiney and good luck to everyone lese on their hunts

Years
  • Well, it was in the day time, I had been awake for 2 days playing, and I didn't mean to fall asleep, I yelled at my mom, and then she ruined another thing for me, I was trying to tell my friend what "Magic Shell" is, but even though I said: Wait! WAIT! She told him anyway :(

Years
  • *notices Yami's posts*

I have no idea why NoE are such idiots. They delay all of their releases by two months only to price things at 50% more than what they ought to be. They really need to learn how to (1) stop being evil, and (2) compete with importing. I wish you success with your Diamond.

@HM: I'm with Fufu on that one. How could you fall asleep AFTER finding a shiny? Especially in broad daylight! I'd have stopped and rested before reaching that point of sleep loss. This is, what, your second shiny legendary you've found after soft resetting for within D/P's short 3 week release duration? Not to be accusatory, but that seems a little Farfetch'd (old, I know -.-) to me.

@Fufu: My thumb doesn't curl enough to hit the Start/Select while holding L and R at the same time. What DOES work for me is attaching a rubber band to the left side of the DS to keep the L button constantly depressed. I still don't use it much that way.

5211 Dialga resets. That's about it for tonight.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
    Years
  • Well, soon to be getting my 4th badge and I'm going to start breeding for a pwnage Sneasle (if it's shiny, then I ain't complaining :D). Going to heads to Serebii real quick to see what it's egg moves are....

Shiny Update:
    Scyther: Still on hold.
    Ponyta: Nothing.
    Spiritomb: On hold.
    Cranidos: 195 SRs.

Night all!

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
  • My sleep schedule is severely messed up, I sleep during the day and I'm awake at night. Sometimes I sleep during the day, and into night. I'm sorry for letting it get away, but like I said, I didn't mean to fall asleep.

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    Im back with no luck on Drifloon last friday and rotom every other night...I wish they would gives a break once in a while with the SR pokemon im at 2,136 with rotom and 278 with Drifloon...I cant reset too much for rotom because my mom always come in to check if im asleep, ive gotten caught 3 times including last night meaning i have to wait for her to give me back my DS :/

Back