• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Sky_Ace

A life dedicated to animals.
Years
  • Well, I started a new game and got three hours of gameplay in. I finaly got my Modest Treeko (Or however you spell it.) Wich is now a Grovyle.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    dam it im annoyed i just found shiny chikorita on emulator without cheating dam it

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • HEYYYY SWEEEET!!! My Mathhomework iz E Z but I got 6 typing assignments! UGGGGGHHHH! Man grd 7 gives alota homework! so becuz of those assigments n homework I STILL wont Shiney Hunting all weekend!!!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Well, a lot happened today in my games. I evolved my shiny Porygon, reset its IVs as well as the EVs of my shiny Charizard. Right now, I'm EV training my shiny Porygon2 in HP... when I finish with it and Charizard, I'll soft reset for a shiny Latias in Ruby...

Or I can test my luck in FR and soft reset for a shiny Lapras on FR! What do you think?

Edit: I'm now determined to get a shiny Lapras now. Shiny Latias can wait :)

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Yeah, my cuzin's have told me to go for a shiny Mewtwo. So yeah, I'm soft resetting for him now as soon as I get there.

1014062059bk2.jpg

Years
  • hotfun2: I fail to understand how you could find such rare shinies THREE TIMES. Like, you pretty much have to try to get a shiny Chikorita in Emerald. And also, that's why I don't play Pokémon on emulators much.

wow i probly would've given up after that many tries at a treeko. I only reseted about 50 times for mine
    Don't tell me that unless you're looking for trouble.

And why would you give up after any number of tries? Statistically, it makes no sense. If you'd give up after some number of tries, you ought not to have been willing even to start. The odds of getting a shiny X tries from now are the very same as they were when I started.

13973 Treeckos seen.

Edit: If anyone wants, I can give advice on any math you might be having problems with. I'm comfortable with anything up to second year calculus, but will give anything a go. :)

And 14016 Treeckos.

Last edited:

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
    Years
  • Well everyone seems bust at the mo ^^ hunting and homework for the majority of us. MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon, you have one of the coolest shiny pokemon in my opinion, PORYGON rocks... im currently hunting for zubats and charmanders (FR and LG) I need something to do. Now i see the use in the cave up in island 5 only having zubats in them ^_^;;. Just charmanders are so annoying, im like aggggghhhhhhhhh!!! Me wnats shiny charmanders O_O. I actually found out that doing my work in school for my final 2 years before I go to college is easier than i thought yaaaaaaay, and I have ,more time than I thought for shiny hunting.

Chesters_love

This sh!t is bananas,BANANAS!
    Years
  • no luck with hatching shiny seedot,but ive only hatched 3 eggs,and at the fact that im playing my sp right now hatching seedot(oh joy *_*).and at the fact that i have 3 eggs in my party and dont no what the heck they are!!!!!

Last edited:

pokebryce

devoted shiny hunter
    Years
  • Metal Mario what i meant was when i started i wouldve given up, thats why i said would've in stead of would

964 spindas seen

Years
  • Okay, this is getting annoying, with people who egg hatch to get sihnies, i got a better way to do it, (since i figured this out during my ultimate breading mission thingy), instead of saving, taking the one egg, then running around till it hatches, then finding out its NOT shiny, then soft reset and try again.. my way, you get a 5 in 8175 or something instead of 1, So I'll put it into steps,

1. Save, if you want, you don't really have to, and take the egg from the old man.

2. Run around 4 Island and don't enter or exit any place, (this keeps the old man standing out of the gate).

3. check with the old man (who is supposed to be out of the gate) every now and then and he will eventually give you another egg without you having to enter and exit the house.

4. Keep doing steps 1-3 or 2-3, by just running around and collecting eggs, they will hatch one after another, and if its not shiny, release it! And keep doing these steps until you have your shiny,

i don't know how people have the patience for taking one egg, then running around till it hatches, Lol, but thats me, anywayz, tell me if you like this idea.

Btw I quit shiny hunting for now, I'm doing other stuff at the moment.

Years
  • MetalMario, do you have a method for counting the number of soft resets for a shiny Latias? If it needs a gender, do you have a method for counting soft resets for a shiny Aerodactyl?
    For Latias or anything else you have to battle, keep track of time. Figure out how long one reset takes, then try to keep track of how much time you've spent on it.

Metal Mario what i meant was when i started i wouldve given up, thats why i said would've in stead of would

964 spindas seen
    What I was trying to say is that if you'd be willing to give up after a long number of tries on anything, you shouldn't bother starting. Likewise, taking a long time with a hunt is no reason to give up.

14187 Treeckos seen.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • For Latias or anything else you have to battle, keep track of time. Figure out how long one reset takes, then try to keep track of how much time you've spent on it.

What I was trying to say is that if you'd be willing to give up after a long number of tries on anything, you shouldn't bother starting. Likewise, taking a long time with a hunt is no reason to give up.

14187 Treeckos seen.

Ok, thanks... that is kinda what I did when I was soft resetting for a shiny charmander. I'll try and count like that.

@Bolded Quote: That is exactly how I think when I shiny hunt. Why give up after such a long time? It would just a waste of your life, so it is why I never give up. The only time I would give up is if there was another shiny I want, then I'd just come back later. Kind of like how I'm going to soft reset for a shiny Dratini after I get a shiny Mewtwo!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Hey guys, can someone send me a PM about how 2 clone pkmn on the advanced games? I need it 2 clone TMs liek CIe beam and earthquake n stuff -_-

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • I'm really happy for my brother right now. My cousin and I have convinced him to start shiny hunting again. :) As soon as he trades me his legendaries/other pokemon, he will begin soft resetting for a shiny Bulbasaur.

Back