• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
    Sorry I haven't been on in so long!
    While I was gone, I got my hands on a shiny Klefki.
    I also just found a shiny Sliggoo- I already have one, so I'll be giving it to my sister.

Happy hunting! :15:

Years
    Sorry I haven't been on in so long!
    While I was gone, I got my hands on a shiny Klefki.
    I also just found a shiny Sliggoo- I already have one, so I'll be giving it to my sister.

Happy hunting! :15:
    Congrats on the new shinies:) what is your opinion on shiny sliggoo? Personally I like it but almost prefer the non shiny white version

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
    Congrats on the new shinies:) what is your opinion on shiny sliggoo? Personally I like it but almost prefer the non shiny white version

Well, the color change is actually quite drastic! (which adds a lot of charm, comparing it with some who have only slight changes)

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

I actually prefer the shiny version- I'm a sucker for light colors, especially creams and light pinks.
    I love how it almost looks like a dessert (I named mine custard!), and the blue eyes are a really cute addition too.

Years
    Well, the color change is actually quite drastic! (which adds a lot of charm, comparing it with some who have only slight changes)

I actually prefer the shiny version- I'm a sucker for light colors, especially creams and light pinks.
    I love how it almost looks like a dessert (I named mine custard!), and the blue eyes are a really cute addition too.

Custard is such a great name! I hadn't even thought of the color scheme like the until now. Awesome.
    I like the shiny eyes better too. Those are actually what made me notice it as shiny at first glance when I happened upon mine.

Years
    Have you ever had a moment where you believed the shiny charm was a big pile of horse malarkey? I am right now. I'm at over 2000 eggs looking for hawlucha and nothing. This is more than my former longest hunt (Anyone remember Watermelon the Noibat?) and that one was WITHOUT the charm. I need all the luck I can get.

To be honest, that's what I'm thinking right now. 4th day and I don't see any progress going on. However there was times I got even two shinies at the same day even without having Shiny Charm.

1337 in awesome SHC thread! WOOOO!

Years
    On the topic of when we release eggs, in XY I've been enjoying making use of pokebank... once I have like 15 boxes of hatched stuff, I put all the boxes into pokebank, take them out on my unused X version and just restart the game. >:)

Years
    On the topic of when we release eggs, in XY I've been enjoying making use of pokebank... once I have like 15 boxes of hatched stuff, I put all the boxes into pokebank, take them out on my unused X version and just restart the game. >:)

oh....my....lords ....this is a perfect idea. I never would have thought of that. I have a crap ton of pokemon on the bank that need to be released(to make room for more shinies) from where I completed the national dex before Bank was released in America. I have been wondering what to do with all of those an now I know. And knowing is half the battle ;)

Years

Shame I can't get the Pokebank for stupid reasons, I'd use that method too.

Years
    Look what I got today!

Three shiny Beldums, chained on Platinum.
    Also, three conclusions.

1. I was either very lucky, or Beldum is very easy to chain, of course with the right technique.
    2. Sandstorm is a pain in the ass.
    3. Despite being easy to chain, getting an actual shiny is not so easy.

Here are some tips for those who want to chain.

1. Tilt the DS Lite a bit to you. Sandstorm makes it hard to easy any patch shaking, but if you move it a bit forward, the screen gets a bit darker, sandstorm less visible, and grass much better.

2. Bring a lot of Repels. I needed a few super repels per a shiny Electrike, but I needed about 40 super repels per one shiny Beldum.

3. Get Master balls if you can. Catching one of these is like catching a legendary. It has a catch rate of 3 which is the least it can get. I cloned 30 master balls on Emerald and transferred them to platinum specially for Beldums.

4. Stay focused, due to its low appearance, you'll need a lot of time to see a shiny Beldum. Even the shiny patch isnt so easy to spot. One mistake and chain is broken (thanks Dugtrio)

5. Of I forgot, have a Pokemon with a Magnet pull with you, it can get very handy. I dont know how much are chances of continuing with it, but probably greater than the usual 88% (4 patches away).

Anyway,

So awesome! I'll definitely get more :D

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Just found a shiny Whirlipede after 2 shiny Ariados in the friend safari in Pokemon X. I'm so happy I finally got it! I'm still soft resetting for shiny Squirtle on FireRed, its been 2-3 days. I'm going to keep on looking for it, but I'm also going to start hatching for a shiny Volt Tackle/Iron Tail Pikachu on X. Wish me luck! xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    Hey Paulthagerous I hope you have good luck on your shiny hunts. Also as a person that wants to help this place a lot do you think you could tell me the website of where you made those little cards where it says how you got your shinnies? Thanks!!!!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I still haven't had a MM pokemon. I almost think MM's are rarer than RE's now lol. I have never had such bad luck with MM eggs. I would probably have a better chance if I got to Route 2 or the 1st forest for Caterpie lol.

I might try to chain fish a Chorphish again and see if I get any luck there.

I tried getting a Scraggy a little after I originally posted this in a Horde, and I ended up getting a Gulpin in 5 encounters. I also notice that it seems you always get a crit capture on a shiny pokemon.

I took a break after I got the Gulpin and started doing it a little more. And I got yet another Gulpin. That is 2 Shiny Gulpins in no more than 15 to 20 Horde Battles.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
    Hey Paulthagerous I hope you have good luck on your shiny hunts. Also as a person that wants to help this place a lot do you think you could tell me the website of where you made those little cards where it says how you got your shinnies? Thanks!!!!

Heya, always nice to meet new active people.

I don't actually use a website, I make them myself. It is really simple, here is a video link. You could just use Paint, don't NEED Powerpoint, but I find it is the easiest way (as you can rearrange things easily)

https://youtu.be/gGixzzKhNFY

Any questions let me know!

Last edited:
    Years
    JESUS CHRIST, HELL ABOUT TIME. I was really starting to get worried and get really angry.

Took me at least 5 days, I don't even want to know how many Eevees.

Spoiler:

You can see the stats. The best thing is that it's a female and with Anticipation. I couldn't get luckier. 5IV's lacking in Sp.Def.

Over one hour later:

Yep, when I don't have luck, it's for days. When Shiny pokemon happens once, they all happen shortly later.

Spoiler:

This one is male and has 4IV's, lacking Attack and Sp.Def.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Started breeding for a shiny pichu today, so far hatched 61 eggs. I hope it doesn't take me as long as charmander. :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Congrats on new shinies all! As for me, I'm on 16,669 Chimchar(a big thanks to everyone wishing me luck :D).Right now however I'm not working on it. I've started a long overdue hunt for Carvanha on my Y via MM, and have finally started hunting Articuno again on Firered. I'm only on 20 eggs and 1,631 SR's respectively so far though. Good luck all!
    EDIT: Decided to go for Bulbasaur on Firered instead ^_^
    ~MistressofMightyena~

Last edited:
    Years

Seven more Shiny Beldums! I couldn't resist, it's so easy I couldn't go below total of 10 haha.

Chain 51. I got bored so I broke it myself :D

I am evolving one of them with high HP and Attacks, keeping three, and the rest go for trade, once I get X/Y/OR/AS :D

Years

Seven more Shiny Beldums! I couldn't resist, it's so easy I couldn't go below total of 10 haha.

Chain 51. I got bored so I broke it myself :D

I am evolving one of them with high HP and Attacks, keeping three, and the rest go for trade, once I get X/Y/OR/AS :D

Oh wow, this is hillarious, nice job really! Good luck with your adventure with it on further games!

Back