• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    By chained pokemon you also mean no dexnav or pokeradar? just so I understand what it means. I might as well take part even though I don't have a region.

I know I haven't updated with my findings, but recently I've had a shiny shuppet, 3 shiny zubats, shiny gastly from hatching, shiny illumise (pokeradar) and shiny audino (dexnav).

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Hey! I'd like to join. I own way too many shinies to list, but some that I'm really proud of hatching are my shiny Gligar and Deerling! I got Deerling in like 4 eggs and it really took me surprise. :)

Welcome! I wrote out a list of mine, it's over 100, took quite a while lol!

Whoop! Caught two new Shinies today! A Seaking through chain fishing and had my first success with horde encounters catching a Pusle! ^^ I love Plusle so I'm really stoked about that one! I'm trying for an Octillery with Suction Cups now!

Good job! I find Hordes a good way (with shiny charm) - pretty reasonable success rate (as far as shinies go anyway!)

Congrats!! I had no idea he looked that cool, haha!

Thanks, I think he looks pretty cool. Over 1500 ecounters for next shiny legend and nothing, he came a little early so only fair if this next one takes a little longer....

By chained pokemon you also mean no dexnav or pokeradar? just so I understand what it means. I might as well take part even though I don't have a region.

I know I haven't updated with my findings, but recently I've had a shiny shuppet, 3 shiny zubats, shiny gastly from hatching, shiny illumise (pokeradar) and shiny audino (dexnav).

AFAIK, dexnav and pokeradar are both counted as chaining

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • After coming up empty in Hoard Battles and the Friend Safari, I went back to the trusty and heavily Shiny giving Kalos Route 8. Half an hour later...

Shiny Staryu - I really like the colour scheme on this one. The white body and the sky blue gem make for an excellent Shiny. Staryu is one of my favourite Shinys. I have nicknamed it 'Misty'.

I am not a huge fan of Shiny Starmie so may take a leaf out of Ash Ketchum's book and leave it unevolved.

Next Hunt - Wailmer in Alpha Sapphire

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • After coming up empty in Hoard Battles and the Friend Safari, I went back to the trusty and heavily Shiny giving Kalos Route 8. Half an hour later...

Shiny Staryu - I really like the colour scheme on this one. The white body and the sky blue gem make for an excellent Shiny. Staryu is one of my favourite Shinys. I have nicknamed it 'Misty'.

I am not a huge fan of Shiny Starmie so may take a leaf out of Ash Ketchum's book and leave it unevolved.

Next Hunt - Wailmer in Alpha Sapphire

Congrats! Staryu is very cool, and I would also have a dilemma as to whether or not to evolve it!

Managed to get this, 2750is SRs but finally:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Managed to get this, 2750is SRs but finally:

Spoiler:

Oh my gosh that is so much effort! But it is truly beautiful!! ♥

I caught a shiny Remoraid but it had the wrong ability so tried again and got the one I wanted so evolved it into Octillery. I am thrilled with him, called him Ernie, and he makes me smile every time I send him out! With his help I caught a shiny Magikarp!

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

@Paulthagerous

Congratulations on the Shiny Virizion. It is a great colour but I am unsure if I will ever have the patience to soft-reset for a legendary particularly as I only have the Shiny Charm on X. I remember reading once someone spent 3 years soft-resetting for a Shiny Mewtwo which he got in the end.

@Spoonacross

Congratulations on the Chain Fished Shinys. I have a Shiny Remoraid with the right ability too but I haven't evolved him as I am not a fan of the Strange Green Colour of the Shiny. I use a regular red Suction Cups Octillery to help me chain fish.

Here are my latest Shinys on X.

Shiny Male Alomonola (Fandango) - Took about 40 minutes of fishing to get this guy. A Female would have fitted better but the Purple with Green Eyeshadow is a nice Shiny.

Shiny Male Relicanth (Brock) - Caught at the ever reliable Kalos Route 8. Only took about 10 minutes of fishing. The Green and the paler brown is a nice Shiny.

Shiny Male Luvdisc - Amazingly considering how much chain fishing I have done this is my first Shiny Luvdisc. Took about 10 minutes of fishing on Kalos Route 8. The Yellow is a nice contrast to the usual Pink. That's three male chain fished Shinys on the bounce.

Shiny Female Gothitelle - Grabbed off the GTS. I really like the somewhat spooky Purple and Pink colour scheme it has. It has its Hidden Ability Shadow Tag too. Gothitelle is one of my favourite Pokemon and I am delighted to finally pick up its Shiny. :)

Next up - Over to Alpha Sapphire to find a Shiny Wailmer.

Years
  • [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

@Paulthagerous

Congratulations on the Shiny Virizion. It is a great colour but I am unsure if I will ever have the patience to soft-reset for a legendary particularly as I only have the Shiny Charm on X. I remember reading once someone spent 3 years soft-resetting for a Shiny Mewtwo which he got in the end.

@Spoonacross

Congratulations on the Chain Fished Shinys. I have a Shiny Remoraid with the right ability too but I haven't evolved him as I am not a fan of the Strange Green Colour of the Shiny. I use a regular red Suction Cups Octillery to help me chain fish.

Shiny Male Alomonola (Fandango) - Took about 40 minutes of fishing to get this guy. A Female would have fitted better but the Purple with Green Eyeshadow is a nice Shiny.

Shiny Male Relicanth (Brock) - Caught at the ever reliable Kalos Route 8. Only took about 10 minutes of fishing. The Green and the paler brown is a nice Shiny.

Shiny Male Luvdisc - Amazingly considering how much chain fishing I have done this is my first Shiny Luvdisc. Took about 10 minutes of fishing on Kalos Route 8. The Yellow is a nice contrast to the usual Pink. That's three male chain fished Shinys on the bounce.

Shiny Female Gothitelle - Grabbed off the GTS. I really like the somewhat spooky Purple and Pink colour scheme it has. It has its Hidden Ability Shadow Tag too. Gothitelle is one of my favourite Pokemon and I am delighted to finally pick up its Shiny. :)

Nice! I like your nicknames!

I just got a shiny Relicanth too, the colours are so nice!

Now I'm trying for a Wobbuffet by DexNaving in the Safari Zone in AS, hoping for a female!

With soft resetting, do you think it can harm the 3DS if done over and over? That kinda worries me a bit...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Nice! I like your nicknames!

I just got a shiny Relicanth too, the colours are so nice!

Now I'm trying for a Wobbuffet by DexNaving in the Safari Zone in AS, hoping for a female!

With soft resetting, do you think it can harm the 3DS if done over and over? That kinda worries me a bit...

I nickname all Shinys I find myself that I am going to use. :)

Shiny Relicanth is a great Shiny. According to Bulbapedia the colours of Shiny Relicanth are based on the real life Indian Coelcanth.

I found a Shiny Abra (Nostradamus - Now Shiny Alakazam) in Friend Safari once but am yet to find anything by DexNaving.

I don't think Soft Resetting can harm a 3DS as long as you are not too heavy handed. However I have never tried Soft-Resetting for a Legendary.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • @Paulthagerous

Nice, that's quite a few new ones! While 2750 sounds like a really big number, that is 1/6 the odds of SRing a shiny pre shiny charm in the older generations. Some people were over 30k to get what they wanted!

I vaguely remember TheShinyEevee was doing Random Encounters to find something and went well past the 30k mark. S/he got a few other shinies, but kept going for the target one :)

My old DSi would have approx 20k-30k SRs on it and is fine, my 2 (2nd hand when I bought them) DS lites would be around 10k SRs each and all 3 are still fine. My 3DS XL is probably around 15-20k SRs at this stage, my New 3DS 5kish and they are both fine too.

So in my experience it doesn't seem to cause any issues. And that is on top of a LOT of play time as well.

Anyway, managed to snag another one. This took 500ish SRs again, not too bad when I am using 2 3DSs. I figure (depending on the target) I can do around 120-180 per hour which really isn't that bad. Around 10 hours average. If you had of told people that 2 generations ago they would have been fuming :)

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

An average 10 hours for a Shiny Legendary is not bad considering how long it can take. I am not big on Legendary Pokémon in general but do have a Shiny Kyogre that I obtained in a trade. :)

My Shiny Progress - My X game has gone Shiny Crazy:
    Spoiler:

Skyxyd

The one
    Years
  • I play to pokemon ORAS and a discover a blue Ralt, i catch it ! Yeah my first shiny

I'm looking for Zorua now but that i met had Momento, i'd very bad. I want not come with me and prefer self destruct ahead me. I cry again

I hate momento forever !

I not give up

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • [/spoiler]

An average 10 hours for a Shiny Legendary is not bad considering how long it can take. I am not big on Legendary Pokémon in general but do have a Shiny Kyogre that I obtained in a trade. :)

My Shiny Progress - My X game has gone Shiny Crazy:
    [/spoiler]

Wow, that is a lot of new shinies! I got a few from the GTS a couple weeks back. Some really good deals out there :)

I play to pokemon ORAS and a discover a blue Ralt, i catch it ! Yeah my first shiny

I'm looking for Zorua now but that i met had Momento, i'd very bad. I want not come with me and prefer self destruct ahead me. I cry again

I hate momento forever !

I not give up

Yeah, never give up! Blue ralts is cool though :)

I managed to get my 4th legendary this month, wanted Cobalion next but for some reason he won't show up, so hunting Heatran on both OR and AS now. Anyway, here is the latest addition:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Wow, some nice Shinies you've been catching guys!

That's good to know about the SR, thanks for reassuring me, I may just give it a go now!

Edit: You know the Yearly Quest on the first page, can they be caught by any method?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I haven't updated my sig yet for the new shiny Weedle I found in fire red (no I was not cheating it was literaly a random encounter and I wasn't even huntinf for one I was grinding my pokemon to fight brock). Rapidash(first shiny and best imo), Bibarel (ironically I found it breaking a chain in platinum lol), Linoone (random in emerald), Spinda (same as Linoone I must have really good luck in earlier gens), and then that Weedle which I can post a pic of if you want. I am currently hunting a shiny Arbok for a solo challenge in x but I don't have the means to do mesuada method any chance I can borrow foreign arboks with a nature that lowers hp and raises atk (don't have them memorized) in order to breed a shiny ekans for the challenge?

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Wow, some nice Shinies you've been catching guys!

That's good to know about the SR, thanks for reassuring me, I may just give it a go now!

Edit: You know the Yearly Quest on the first page, can they be caught by any method?

Yeah, AFAIK SRing is pretty safe. If your DS dies it is mor likely to have just gotten worn out than be because of the SRing itself!

Chaining and Friend Safari aren't allowed AFAIK

I haven't updated my sig yet for the new shiny Weedle I found in fire red (no I was not cheating it was literaly a random encounter and I wasn't even huntinf for one I was grinding my pokemon to fight brock). Rapidash(first shiny and best imo), Bibarel (ironically I found it breaking a chain in platinum lol), Linoone (random in emerald), Spinda (same as Linoone I must have really good luck in earlier gens), and then that Weedle which I can post a pic of if you want. I am currently hunting a shiny Arbok for a solo challenge in x but I don't have the means to do mesuada method any chance I can borrow foreign arboks with a nature that lowers hp and raises atk (don't have them memorized) in order to breed a shiny ekans for the challenge?

Nice shiny list! I have a foreign Ekans, but wrong nature. You might want to mention if you want a male/female/don't care

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • More Shiny finds

X Profile - Stephanie
    Spoiler:

Alpha Sapphire - Helena
    Spoiler:

Next Hunt - Dexnav Misdreavus in Alpha Sapphire

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, AFAIK SRing is pretty safe. If your DS dies it is mor likely to have just gotten worn out than be because of the SRing itself!

Chaining and Friend Safari aren't allowed AFAIK

Nice shiny list! I have a foreign Ekans, but wrong nature. You might want to mention if you want a male/female/don't care

Thanks! I just need one of them with adamant nature and unless ditto can be used for mesuada then I need 1 male and 1 female. If I could borrow it to breed a shiny that would be nice I'll return it I promise.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Thanks! I just need one of them with adamant nature and unless ditto can be used for mesuada then I need 1 male and 1 female. If I could borrow it to breed a shiny that would be nice I'll return it I promise.

My sister has a Japanese one with Adamant, all yours if we can organise a trade :)

Back