• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
    Welcome and congrats everyone!

I have been a little quiet lately as work has been busy, and I have been playing through Blue version on my 3DS. No shinies to be found there!

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2016
    Hi, i am new un this group
    My shinys are:
    Emerald: gyarados, absol
    Fire red: charmander
    Now hunting:
    Emerald:kabuto

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    hi everyone. congrats on new shinies and welcome to all new members. it's been some time since my last post. sorry about that. i had to stop hunting for some days to be able to complete some tasks so i've been busy lately. but i'll have time this weekend. so i hope to get a shiny. good luck with your hunts and never give up. getting shinies is rewarding as it gives a nice collection to look at and also good memories. specially your first shiny. but also study hard and make lots of friends. see you around and happy hunting.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2016
    Hi everyone! New here, decided to look for a forum page to have people to talk to about my shiny farming besides trying to explain everything to my mom.
    Current shinies I own, I've gotten all from Alpha Sapphire.
    Caught a shiny Tailow early in the game.
    Obtained a shiny Oddish through wonder trade.
    Shiny Muk through WT.
    And just today I got a shiny Metapod through WT.
    I was extremely excited about the shiny Metapod, since it's red! And I love Butterfree, but when I checked my PC, I saw that this Metapod is lvl 100, and only knows Harden.. Such a sad day! He is purely a mantle piece. ):

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Hello everyone! I'd like to join the Shiny Hunters Club too, although I honestly haven't been hunting for a long time.

My shiny hunting background consisted of doing it on Pokefarm (has anyone else been on this site) for a few months in 2014 and actively hunting shinies until I decided to try it on my Pokemon X game just last week.

I started off with fish chaining since it was the easiest method for starters like me. Through that method, I've caught a few shinies: Poliwag, Luvdisc, Seaking and Gyarados.

Next, I tried the Masuda Method for a shiny Eevee but I found this too time consuming and easily bored me so I switched for Friend Safari.

On friend safari, I've caught: Loudred and Eevee.

I've found a Combee through random encounter and a Xerneas through the Wonder Trade (although this was hacked, it's still nice to look at).

Trying to hunt for another shiny Eevee since I need 3 all together but my luck was non-existant today even though I've been running all over Friend Safari to find another one, or even a different shiny; yet no avail. Hopefully my luck with hunting will be better tomorrow.[/FONT]

Years
    I was just doing some grinding for a mother hen challenge that I am doing on Alpha Sapphire when I found a shiny Tailow after 72 dexnav encounters, this is my first wild encounter shiny at full odds so my heart jumped into my throat.

I have called her Hedwig she is level 18 with a careful nature the Guts ability and Brave Bird, Quick Attack, Wing Attack and Double Team as her moveset. Needless to say I am very happy at the moment.

Years
    Yes, a shiny hunting club! My favorite aspect of Pokemon games.

Shinies I have are,
    Dialga (caught in Diamond transferred to HeartGold)
    Red Gyarados (obvious LoR HeartGold)
    Ninetales (Wonder Trade AS, evolved from Vulpix)
    Latias (Traded to me AS)
    Geodude (Hatched AS)

Currently trying to hatch a shiny Pichu to evolve into Raichu my second favorite Pokemon. And in HeartGold soft resetting for my all time favorite, Ho-Oh. Up to 615 eggs hatched for Pichu and 950 SRs for Ho-Oh.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2016
    Hi, i'd like to join the club. I'm practically new to shiny hunting and i've never caught a shiny before but i'd like to start. I only have up to pokemon black and white so im trying to get some shinies on white. Im currently looking for someone to trade me a ditto not from the UK so i am able to do the masuda method. Thanks in advance and i look forward to my time here :)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I currently have found 13 shinies this month. I found the first one randomly on Mar 3rd in Lost Hotel, it was my first ever shiny since red Gyarados in Crystal.
    It was Pawniard. The second one was also random, I was in Victory Road leveling up Pokemon and ran into Geodude hoarde.

My very first shiny hunt was fish chaining, it took place on Mar 25th, I got a Corsola at 97 in route 12. Then while hunting for a Poliwag on Route 15 I found 2 Basculin on same chain, first at 53 and second at 81.

The next day I fish chained on route 15, broke a chain at 109 for a Poliwhirl. But I did find Goldeen on route 3 at 20. Then I found a Corphish at 17, and a Magikarp at 7.

I then found another Corphish at 30, another Magikarp at 23 and another Goldeen 37. Finally found a Poliwag on route 15 after 56. I won't even begin to tell you the number of chains I broke for being too fast, too slow or not getting a bite. One thing I noticed with fish chaining was it was better to break a chain after finding a shiny because usually I'd go another 30 then get no bite, when I start over I'd get one in 30 or less.

Today I discovered another Geodude in a hoarde encounter in Victory Road. Luckily the shiny was the only one with Magnitude. I actually was shiny hunting for this one and found it in about 10 hoardes. I don't have shiny charm but I think the game thinks I do, didn't know fish chaining was so easy.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Yay! It's a Shiny Hoard Electric Rodent.

X - Stephanie

Having heard of the static Trick I headed to Route 6 to try and Pokeradar a Shiny Electric Rodent, in this case Plusle as it is the more common find in X.

Three lengthy Pokeradar chains did not produce a Shiny so running out of repels I did a little bit of Hoard Hunting. And after only about 20 hoards:

Shiny Male Plusle (Surge) - He was stood on the far right side of the Hoard and on the initial Hoard screen I saw only the sparkles. He has a Bold nature and the Plus Ability. He was caught in a Premier Ball.

Whilst Shiny Plusle is not a huge change to his regular form I do like the darker shade of red used and may use him in a Contest. I am very pleased to find the Shiny I was looking for in a Hoard.

It is tricky finding moves to fit both Contests and battles but as Plusle is unlikely to be used in many battles I cam give him very Contest Friendly moves.

Next Hunt - Shiny Plusle's counterpart Shiny Green Minun

Years

Yay! It's a Shiny Hoard Electric Rodent.

X - Stephanie

Having heard of the static Trick I headed to Route 6 to try and Pokeradar a Shiny Electric Rodent, in this case Plusle as it is the more common find in X.

Three lengthy Pokeradar chains did not produce a Shiny so running out of repels I did a little bit of Hoard Hunting. And after only about 20 hoards:

Shiny Male Plusle (Surge) - He was stood on the far right side of the Hoard and on the initial Hoard screen I saw only the sparkles. He has a Bold nature and the Plus Ability. He was caught in a Premier Ball.

Whilst Shiny Plusle is not a huge change to his regular form I do like the darker shade of red used and may use him in a Contest. I am very pleased to find the Shiny I was looking for in a Hoard.

It is tricky finding moves to fit both Contests and battles but as Plusle is unlikely to be used in many battles I cam give him very Contest Friendly moves.

Next Hunt - Shiny Plusle's counterpart Shiny Green Minun
    Hey congrats on shiny Plusle, I am a fan of the darker red myself too. I used to have a shiny Plusle named Rekka before I had to sell a bunch of my stuff in the past. Hope you have some good luck in contests with him. I'm still on a shiny Ho-Oh hunt in HG sitting at 3270 SRs. It's the longest hunt I've had so far and it's starting to get to me. I hope he comes up soon.

@CalXV, you're not gonna be able to trade online with those games. Nintendo DS games aren't supported anymore. The only way to get a foreign ditto now is if you met with someone who has one in person or if you buy and play through a foreign copy yourself and then trade with yourself.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hey guys! Been a while!

First off, I got a Shiny Japanese Ditto in a trade from someone on the site. I think it has perfect IV's or something to help with Shinies. I don't know really lol, I just like blue Ditto.

Second, After about..... 400 (?) encounters with Swablu, I finally got me a shiny Swablu in a chain. I honestly have no idea why I wanted to get one. Maybe because it reminds me of the sky? You know cloud wings and yellow, which is the color of the sun. Reminded me of Spring as well. And since it is spring for half of the world, I wanted to catch it :D I have a picture on my phone, but need to upload it.

I am not 100% sure what my next shiny will be. My Ash Quest hasn't had much luck. Not to mention I kinda prefer to catch them with hoard battles or chains. Currently trying to hatch a shiny Buizel, but so far no luck.

Edit: Caught a Shiny Aipom after 23 chain encounters woot!

Aipom has a Lonely Nature and the Runaway ability.... how depressing.

Swablu is Adamant and Natural Cure.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Happy Horde Hunting! :)

X - Stephanie

Shiny Female Cubchoo (Glacia) - I found this Pokémon in the Frost Cavern after about an hour of horde hunting and is my latest Shiny. She was on the far right side of the Hoard. I really like the Purple head this Shiny has and am very pleased I got the Shiny I was looking for in such a short time.

She has an Adamant Nature and the Snow Cloak ability. The Beartic line is one of my favourite Gen 5 Pokemon and I plan to EV train her and use her in the Battle Maison.

Shiny Male Yanma - Found on Route 8 after only 20 hoards whilst looking for a Shiny Nosepass. He was in the center of the Hoard. I already have a Shiny Yanma but I do like the Electric Blue color scheme. It comes with the Speed Boost ability.

Shiny Male Hoppip - This is a Shiny I have been looking for for some time and have tried many times to find this Pokémon in Shiny Form. After Horde Hunting for nearly three hours he finally appeared in the center of the Hoard. He has the Leaf Guard Ability and a Naive Nature. He is now a Shiny Pink Jumpluff. I would have preferred a Female but Jumpluff is an excellent Shiny.

Y - Victoria

Shiny Male Gulpin - Found after just six hoards whilst looking for a Shiny Minun. It was once again in the center of the Hoard. I already have a Shiny Gulpin but it was a pleasant surprise to find a Horde Shiny so quickly especially as I do not have the Shiny Charm in Y.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
    Well, the snow's finally melted here, and you know what means...happy Spring!!! And with Spring comes...

The 2016 Spring Quest!!!!

There are two additional teams available for you to complete this Spring: Team Spring and Team Vivillion!

Team Spring:

• A Grass-type shiny!
    • A Bug-type shiny!
    • A Water-type shiny!
    • A Flying-type shiny!
    • A Poison-type shiny!
    • A Baby shiny!

You can replace any one of these six slots with a shiny Spoink. Spoink would make an awesome captain for Team Spring. {XD}

Team Vivillion:

• Six shiny Vivillion!
    • Each Vivillion must have a different pattern!

The 2016 Spring Quest will last until 11:59 PM on June 10, 2016 (this one's only two months instead of three, so make sure to bring some extra luck with you!).

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, the snow's finally melted here, and you know what means...happy Spring!!! And with Spring comes...

The 2016 Spring Quest!!!!

There are two additional teams available for you to complete this Spring: Team Spring and Team Vivillion!

Team Spring:

• A Grass-type shiny!
    • A Bug-type shiny!
    • A Water-type shiny!
    • A Flying-type shiny!
    • A Poison-type shiny!
    • A Baby shiny!

You can replace any one of these six slots with a shiny Spoink. Spoink would make an awesome captain for Team Spring. {XD}

Team Vivillion:

• Six shiny Vivillion!
    • Each Vivillion must have a different pattern!

The 2016 Spring Quest will last until 11:59 PM on June 10, 2016 (this one's only two months instead of three, so make sure to bring some extra luck with you!).
    Does this have to all be in one game or can they be caught over multiple games? And do the pokemon need to be only the single type you specified or can they be dual type?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
    400 Underwater encounters

On my way over to the dive spot, I kept instantly hitting Select as soon as I finished a wild Pokemon battle, haha. I had really driven in that habit during all that time fishing! I eventually had to switch my registered item back to the Mach Bike since I kept (accidentally) trying to fish when I was really just trying to travel across the sea, "lol."

Underwater encounters seem to take a bit longer than regular encounters, but I don't mind at all - it's still sooooooooo much faster than fishing, haha!! And my Illuminate Lanturn is helping me out again. :)

Does this have to all be in one game or can they be caught over multiple games? And do the pokemon need to be only the single type you specified or can they be dual type?

Yup, they can be caught in any game! Pre-GenIII doesn't count, and shinies from Emerald don't count if they're from the same frames, but other than that you can hunt pretty much however you want. For the types, all that matters is that at least one of your shiny's types is a required one, so dual-types definitely count. If your shiny has two types that could count, you get to pick which one you want it to be for! Chained and Safaried shinies are counted separately at the end, but that's just for ranking purposes at the end - you can still hunt with these methods!

For more information on the rules, you can check out this post here. The Spring Quest is kind of an extension of the larger Yearly Quest (basically adding possible teams for you to make), so be sure to check that out if you're interested! :)

EDIT: "lol" I realize I didn't answer your question at all. Yes, they can be caught over multiple games! You can get six different shinies on six different games, or all on the same game, or some in one game and some on another...it's totally up to you! :)

Last edited:
    Back