• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Whilst playing Sun and Moon, I found my shiny TOTODILE!! (THE ONE I WANTED!!) In soul silver after 4364 SR's :DDDD

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Today I found a shiny Magnemite at 232 Dexnav encounters.

Spoiler:

Edit: Just found shiny Electrike at 167 Dexnavs.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • SHINY KOFFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"lol" I hadn't planned on posting again until I played Moon, but I wasn't able to get it right away, so I continued my Hoenn mini-tour for a little bit. Not long after resuming my Fiery Path hunt, I found a shiny Koffing!!! It came on encounter #10525, and it was for sure one of my favorite shinies there. I hadn't really liked Koffing before doing this hunt, but it definitely grew on me and I've come to really love the slick teal color and the gas around it! {XD}

When I was battling it, I forgot whether or not Koffing knew Selfdestruct at level 15. I thought that I had checked back in January, but I couldn't remember for sure, so it was a bit scary when the shiny Koffing popped out of the first Premier Ball attempt, "lol." But it used Poison Gas after that and I caught it with the second Premier Ball, so it all turned out for the best! :pink_nod:

Spoiler:

I named this one Griev, after the general who was often..."koffing"! :laugh:

I'll join back in the discussion once I play Moon! :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • With Sun/Moon not coming out until Wednesday here I was able to grab a few more Shinys.

Shiny Male Weepinbell - Was looking for a Gligar but a Grass Shiny is always nice. This one has a Bold Nature.

Shiny Female Swablu - I caught a male one (Now Altaria) in Alpha Sapphire) but I am very pleased to catch a Female Shiny Swablu. She has a Docile Nature and I plan to evolve it into a Golden Altaria.

Shiny Female Chinchou (Ecco) - I caught my last Shiny before I get Sun in Azure Bay. I was chain fishing with my Shiny Static Emolga Carbuncle at the front of the party. After about 30 casts the lime green and blue Chinchou made an appearance. It has a Calm Nature and Volt Absorb. She is now a Shiny Lanturn which is a yellow-green and Purple. It is good to have a Shiny Dolphin Pokemon.

Next Hunt - Something in Sun.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats on the new shinies guys! I have managed to find a couple so far in Sun:

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I said that Chinchou was my last pre Sun Gen 6 Shiny. That's not true now. My final Shiny before I get Sun tomorrow is:

Shiny Male Pikachu(Ketchup) - Found in an Electric Friend Safari after about 500 encounters. He has a Naughty Nature and perfect IVs in Special Attack and Speed

It is very pleasing to get the mascot of Pokemon in Shiny Form. I do like the darker yellow and pink cheeks of the Shiny and it is adorable in Pokemon Amie.

The question is if I evolve it or not. Rumours are that all Pikachu evolve into Alohan Raichu in Sun/Moon. Do I leave him as a Pikachu, evolve him into a regular Raichu or if possible an Alohan Raichu. I am not sure.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I found another shiny Meditite today in Friend Safari, I think it's my 4th. It was 167 encounters.

Edit: Found a shiny Drowzee in Friend Safari at 84 encounters, it had Insomnia so I had to attack it with the shiny Meditite. Then threw quite a few Heal Balls until it caught. I evolved it into Hypno so another line done.

Edit again: Today must be the day for red/pink shinies, I found a shiny Dunsparce at 211 Friend Safari encounters.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I was trying out the new hunting method in Sun and managed to catch a shiny Rockruff ant 198 encounters, she's an impish nature and has her hidden ability which is Steadfast and her name is Malia. Definitely staying on my team

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    I'm back!

New additions:
    - Shiny Breloom in Pokemon Y friend safari!
    - Shiny Tangela in Pokemon Y friend safari!
    - Shiny Pikipek in Pokemon Moon full random encounters!
    - S.O.S Method 225 "chain" Shiny cutiefly on Pokemon Moon!

Currently hunting:
    - Shiny Rowlet (SR - 400 and counting)
    - Shiny Litten (Masuda Method)
    - Shiny Maractus Friend Safari

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've still not managed to find the ralts or shroomish I'm hunting in oras but did manage to get a Cutiefly by sos chaining in moon so that's something. going to try for a Pikipek next.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I've got my first Shiny of Gen 7:

Sun - Rebecca

Shiny Female Bounsweet (Ayane) - Found after a call chain of around 110 my latest Shiny has a Brave Nature with the Oblivious ability. (Which becomes Queenly Majesty when she becomes Tsareena.) I am not at the stage of the game where I can check IVs yet but an online check suggests she has perfect IVs in Attack and HP.

I have evolved her into a Tsareena. Whilst I really like the Fruit Pokemon's Normal colouration I think the yellow skin with purple hair is a really nice contrast. The nickname is after the Dead or Alive character with purple hair and I caught her in a Friend Ball.

Tsareena is my favourite Gen 7 Pokemon so I am very pleased with this Shiny. :)

Next Hunt - Probably Rockruff once I complete the game.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Yesterday I fish chained for Staryu but instead found another 2 Clauncher's, the first was at 232 and the second at 18...

Today I found a shiny Slugma in FS at 75 encounters.

Edit: WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dexnaving for Growlithe on Mt. Pyre, I also encounter any Vulpix that pops up as well as the other Pokémon, just got my second shiny Vulpix, only 9 Vulpix encounters from my 1st one. I previously did well over 1500 encounters for a shiny Ninetales in Friend Safari and ended up getting 3 shinies but not Ninetales, then the first Vulpix took 599 dex nav encounters, really happy this appeared 9 Vulpix encounters after. It's holding a charcoal too so free 5,000 dollars.

Last edited:

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Well today I was looking for a Tentacruel for the Pokedex. I went to Melemele Island to find a Tencacool to SOS and I stayed there for 2 hours (around 80-100 encounters only based on pp) looking and I found a shiny Tentacool and the Tentacruel was actually on Poni Island so I kinda got one I didn't want but hey, it is a shiny!

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Well today I was looking for a Tentacruel for the Pokedex. I went to Melemele Island to find a Tencacool to SOS and I stayed there for 2 hours looking and I found a shiny Tentacool and the Tentacruel was actually on Poni Island so I kinda got one I didn't want but hey, it is a shiny!

You can always evolve the Tentacool and BOOM, problem solved :)

I am now up to 4 sinies in Sun/Moon - managed to add a Meowth after 246 SOS encounters and then a Charjabug after a further 117 encounters :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I've found another Shiny in Sun/Moon

Shiny Male Alolan Grimer (Ryu) - I got this in the first town whilst SOS chaining. The Shiny (Which is purple just like regular Kanto Grimer :)) appeared on a chain of just 27. What luck! He has a Careful Nature and the Poison Touch ability.

He has now an Alolan Muk and the purple goes much better with the rainbow colours than regular Alolan Muk's green. Alolan Muk is good fun to use and whilst my Shiny Tsareena is being saved for Post Game I have added Purple Alolan Muk to my in-game team. :)

Back