• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
  • Congrats on the new shinies guys!

Have taken a slight break from finishing the shiny dex, am trying to Masuda for an Aerodactyl. And I am wondertrading away the ones I hatch, so that is helping me get more dex entries anyway!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    New Member Joining!~
    After completing the Alolan Dex, I want to try and get some of the Shinies I like. Sadly they are mostly national dex Pokemon, but some Alolan Pokemon are really cool!
    Currently, I have:

A Shiny Mareanie
    A Shiny Toxapex
    A Shiny Wimpod
    A Shiny Spearow
    A Shiny Crawlbrawler
    and most recently ON MY FIRST EGG a Shiny Dhelmise(YUS!)

Now I'm hunting for a Shiny Klefki. Wish me luck guys!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    So hey, you folks hear of this new exploit?

Spoiler:

Pretty interesting stuff.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi everyone, It's been a long time. Good to see everyone still shiny hunting.
    Congrats on all new shiny Pokémon.

I started to shiny hunt again when I got a copy of Pokémon sun and so far I've gotten some new shinies.

though I'm only counting two which are litten and gastly, both gotten on November 27th. Litten was by hard reset and gastly by random encounter.

shiny litten.jpg shiny gastly.jpg

The other ones are: 5 exeggcute (1 of them an exeggcutor), 2 bagons, 2 rockruff, 1 ditto, 1 smeargle and 1 lillipup. These where from SOS battles aka chaining while looking for IVs.

See you around and happy hunting.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So I got the Dratini after about 20-30 hours fishing constantly. I got about 10 shiny Poliwhirl and 32 shiny Basculin in the process; 43 in total. So relieved that finally happened.

Decided to fish up the remaining non-5% pokemon. Got myself a Poliwag, Barboach, Whiscash and Alomomola. Currently hunting on Route 12 and Azure Bay for more fish.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Hey! Im here to give some update on what im doing in regards to shiny hunting:

-Got myself some alola shinies, Rowlet, Rockruff, Sandygast and Grubbin, all by SOS besides the rowlet that was via Breeding.
    -Also got some friend safari shinies, those include Bronzong and Growlithe plus more that i cant remember
    -Finally you guys might not remember but last time i posted i was on 25K resets in HG for a shiny ho-oh, after 1 month of pausing i went back to it, i decided to restart the game since i was pretty sure that save was cursed, i have done 3k resets more without any success making a total of 28K SRs for a shiny, pretty unlucky but im not giving up!

Thats about it! If any of you is looking for a shiny hunting partner or maybe wanna do some races feel free to hit me up in a PM or somethin'! Good luck hunting

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • OMG Moon is the best game ever!!!!

I love the new Pokemon, haha! I'm starting my GenVII hunts by hatching for a shiny Sandygast! I've hatched 686 Sandygast eggs so far, and I've already gotten 8 flawless Sandygast (6 flawless IVs and a Modest nature)! So when I do eventually get the shiny, it'll be guaranteed to have at least 5 flawless IVs and there'll be a 36/186 chance that it'll have flawless stats in everything that counts!! {XD}

And to celebrate the release of the new generation, we have one more Seasonal Quest this year!! I present to you...

The December Seasonal Quest: A 2016 Finale!!!

To complete the Quest, you must find three (yeah, it's only three this time!!!) shinies. The three shinies may be from any of the following categories, and you can get multiple shinies from a single category.

• Find a shiny that evolves with a Sun Stone!
    • Find a shiny that evolves with a Moon Stone!
    • Find a shiny of new Pokemon in Sun/Moon!

The Quest lasts through December 31st, 2016, at 11:59 PM in your locality. Completing this Quest will give you an entire team for the Yearly Quest, so make sure to find these shinies while the "three-shinies-is-a-whole-team" offer lasts! :pink_laugh:

Also, feel free to post or send me suggestions for next year's Quests!

Good luck and have fun!!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Hey all, Merry Christmas!

Update from me:

- 734 more SOS encounters over 3 chains but no luck - odds evening out for me now!
    - Did manage to masuda an Aerodactyl, quite a cool one I reckon. 97 eggs in.
    - Just got my Shiny Charm! Now to go back to hunting properly!

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So I finished off fishing up the rest of the non-5% fishes. Relicanth, while being the 60% pokemon didn't show up shiny until after about 4 Dragalge. And Octillery decided to show after about 6-7 Alomomola.

After that, I moved to Hordes. Route 5 was simple, about 200~ hordes total. Route 7 was the big one. After 1000+ hordes, it was the 5% Roselia. Psyduck wouldn't shine blue until 6-7 Hoppips, totalling almost 3k Hordes. Connecting Cave was easy, but I ran away from a shiny Whismur. Luckily it showed up again after another 150 hordes. I ended on Route 10 after catching a Seviper.

So far, so good. Hope I get a bunch more shinies before the year is up.

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Merry christmas guys!

Sorry I havent posted in a while but I have been relocating and there hasnt been much time for Pokemon. Congrats on all your shinies, I will list mine below!

For Sun/Moon Competition:
    - Shiny Sunkern (Pokemon Y FS) Looking for Ivysaur :(
    - Shiny Yungoose in 2 s.o.s encounters! (After I took a break from wimpod.. rip wimpod)
    - TBA ... Moon stone hmm... I dont want another clefairy ;w;

Other:
    - Shiny Noctowl on a chain of 40

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Merry Christmas everyone. Congrats on all those shinies.
    lets hope more shinies appear before the season ends.

Today got a shiny machop in sun in an early chain, it was around 15 or 20. Forgot to add a shiny growlithe I got some time ago in sun too (maybe I forgot about it because it's one of my favorites), also got another shiny bagon (preparing a dragon army). I think I'll go back to some of my previous games and try to random encounter some shinies, it's been a long time since I played them.

Happy Holidays everyone and have a good time with family and friends.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats on all new shinies guys!

Was just randomly beating wild low level things with 5 Pickup Meowths in my party (want a Leftovers) when I encountered a Shiny Abra. Had to think for a minute which ball to use, as you get 1 shot - couldn't figure out the % for a Quick ball or Level ball etc so just used a Masterball. Only 1 masterball left now though...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My 2 week shiny drought is over. I found a shiny Staryu today on a 186 fish chain. Was worried I'd get another Clauncher but luckily it was Staryu that was shiny.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My Shiny catches in Sun/Moon since the last post:

Pre Shiny Charm

Shiny Female Cottonee (Sun) in about 133 SOS encounters
    Shiny Female Vulpix caught in a Moon Ball after 50 SOS encounters. Now a Shiny Ninetales

Post Shiny Charm

Shiny Female Snorunt (Emma) after just 9 SOS encounters. Now a Shiny Froslass
    Shiny Male Snorunt after 70 SOS encounters, now a Shiny Mega Glalie
    Shiny Female Fomantis (Kokoro) after multiple chains finally getting it on a chain of about 115. Now a Lurantis.
    Shiny Male Pichu(Chocomouse) on a chain of 43 caught in a fast ball. Now a Shiny Alolan Raichu.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Back again with an update!~
    I actually got a shiny Rowlet from Sacred's Youtube Stream so that's a plus! I also found my shiny Kelfki too! I also got a Shiny Pyukumuku from Wondertrade. Here is a screenshot:
    Sacred Livestream.jpg

I'm currently hunting a Shiny Stufful, but my luck seems to be going down the drain.... XP Hopefully it comes back up though. I'm optimistic!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I found a shiny Teddiursa today in Friend Safari, it was 668 encounters. I evolved it into Ursaring since I already have a Teddiursa. Even though I do like Teddiursa better I original thought Ursaring had an ugly shiny compared to Teddiursa but was surprised to see he has a nicer shade of green in person.

Last edited:

Akidatheart

Pokémom
    Years
  • Hello everyone! Long time no "see". I hope you all had a Merry shiny Christmas. I myself have had no shiny luck since X, and that was from using the Japanese ditto breeding method. I hope that maybe my visit here tonight will give me some Shiny Hunting superpowers... I'll be back to let you know. :)

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I started horde hunting on Route 11 a couple of days ago. Trying to get a shiny Nidoran F to appear, but have been having terrible luck in general. Getting to on average 300-400 hordes before a shiny appears. I've run away from a shiny Starly (so sad) and a Stunky, but I've got 2 Stunkys and 2 Nidoran Ms.
    I'll continue until that NidoranF appears, even it if takes 17 male Nidorans.

Back