• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Already found my second and third full-odds Sun/Moon Shinies. O_O

I was leveling-up my Shiny Alolan Sandslash outside the Altar of the Moone yesterday hoping to find a Shiny Midday Lycanroc by the time she grew to Lv100. Found a Shiny Machoke instead (being the third or fourth Shiny Machoke I've ever found, I wasn't very amused, but I caught him anyway). I wasn't able to hunt Midday Lycanroc today since I jumped dimensions last night and don't have a Solgaleo, so I went back to Mt. Lanakila. About 3 battles in, Shiny Sneasel! I've been wanting a full-odds Shiny Sneasel! :D

XqdjdDd.jpg

I named Machoke Bowser, but I haven't decided one for Sneasel yet. Not sure if I'll evolve either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Today I finally ended my longest Friend Safari hunt with a Palpitoad appearing at 1,340 encounters.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Had a bit more luck before midnight today, I found a shiny Wurmple in 277 Dexnav encounters, I evolved it to Beautifly.

Then about 27 encounters after the Wurmple, 728 Dexnav encounters overall this finally appeared.

Spoiler:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Caught a shiny Tranquill in the friend safari. I've been searching since Thursday.

Edit: Caught a shiny Helioptile in the friend safari.

Edit 2: I moved on to Pokeradar chaining in Platinum and caught a shiny Starly from a chain of 38.

Last edited:

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    792.png
    -Pokemon Moon-
    792.png

• I received this Beast Ball female Japanese Rowlet with 5 iv's from wondertrading and put a destiny knot on it, the parent was my starter Decidueye. I bred with that until the offspring had an adamant nature and had decent Iv's, lastly a male of course. I bred the offspring with its mother and got a shiny Female Rowlet with 4 Iv's within 12 boxes of breeding so about 360 eggs. (The reason for the story was to state that the beast ball shiny starter I obtained was done legitimately)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Caught a shiny Snover from a Pokeradar chain of 28.

Edit: Reached a chain of 40 and after several recharges of the Pokeradar, I caught another shiny Snover which I'll evolve.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Female Drifloon - The Yellow Balloon appeared after just 19 SOS calls as my Scrappy Pangoro looked on. Naughty Nature with 1IV. Not great stats but the Drifloon is beautiful shiny. Now a Shiny Golden Drifblim.

I also caught a Shiny Clawitzer in X whilst looking for a Dragon Scale. (Which I got 2 casts later)

Next SOS target - Shiny Sandile - A sandstorm possibly raging, Accuracy Modifiers through Mud Slap and Confusion through Swagger which they may cast on each other. Oh My!

I've had 4 chains so far each of around 2 hours...

Chain 1 - Swagger confused each other...one who was summoning knocked itself out.
    Chain 2 - Castform appeared, I missed with Flare Blitz, Castform changed weather to hail...
    Chain 3 - Sandile used struggle...
    Chain 4 - Summoner Sandile knocked itself out in confusion.

Not one yellow with a blue belly Sandile yet but we try again.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Just had some good Friend Safari luck, found shiny Charmeleon in 384 encounters, then followed with Ferroseed in 32.

Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I was working on leveling-up my Shiny Sneasel this morning when my fourth full-odds Sun/Moon Shiny appeared!

5NhRpfa.jpg

This is insane! I don't think I've ever found this many full-odds Shinies within a month.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Persistence pays off:

Shiny Male Sandile (Sidney) - Caught on my 5th attempt and took just under two hours before it appeared.

When he did appear I put it to sleep with Lilligant before catching it with a Critical Capture Beast Ball. Sandile is my first ever Beast Ball Shiny.

He has a Mild Nature with four perfect IVs (Atk, Def, Defense, Speed). Nature is not ideal but IVs are very good and getting him in a Beast Ball is welcome. He is my third Dark Shiny this Gen (After Vullaby and Umbreon). I plan to train him up and take him to the Battle Facilities.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Last night after I found the Ferroseed I found a shiny Throh in 50 Friend Safari encounters.

Today I found a 5th shiny Medititie in Friend Safari, it was 260. I have a shiny female Medicham so I may evolve this to have the male Medicham.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I just caught my second shiny Chansey from Pokeradar chaining and I'm currently trying to evolve it.

Edit: Caught three shiny Pidgey with the Pokeradar. My Blissey and Snover both evolved shortly after.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Male Riolu - Appeared after a 2 hour chain as my Alolan Marowak was chaining with some Leppa Berries. False swiped and it kicked out of a Ultra Ball then kept summoning reinforcements, kicked out of an Timer Ball then called reinforcements before a 2nd Shiny Male Riolu appeared.

I had to KO the original Shiny before throwing Timer Balls at the second Shiny until it was caught.

I'm not sure if I am exceptionally lucky or unlucky to get double Shinys. The one I did get has a Naive Nature and 4 IVs (HP, Atk, SpDef, Spd) and will be going to the Battle Tree. :) RIP 1st Shiny Riolu. :(

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I caught a shiny Onix today in 421 Friend Safari encounters.

Edit: Just noticed but the Onix had Pokerus. Not sure of the odds but thats pretty rare. The 1st time I caught a Pokemon with Pokerus I had just caught 2 Paras for my living dex.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    A couple days ago I caught a second shiny Throh in Friend Safari, it was 237 encounters.

Yesterday I caught a shiny Cascoon in 225 Dexnav encounters.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2018
    readed the previous comments only older gens shiny hunting?

i caught a 4IV shiny eevee and after that a shiny bounsweet after about 300+ s.o.s chains and the next day i caught a shiny bagoon while looking for a good IV one in about 23th s.o.s chain 3IVs only sadly

have a few more found by pure chance like a ledyba (first encaunter) and a magikarp (first fish bite, and i gave it to my friend)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Reclaim

Shiny Male Riolu - After he managed to escape capture after summoning one of his Shiny brethren in my last chain for Riolu. I caught him on an SOS chain of 37. He has the Inner Focus ability, 3 IVs and the Adamant nature. :0 :) I really like the Shiny colouration of the Riolu line.

I also managed to catch him in a Beast Ball making him my second Beast Ball Shiny. :)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Happy 2017, SHC!!! You know what that means...

It's time for the 2017 Yearly Quest!!!!

We're going to try something a little different this year. Instead of having one huge Quest that lasts the whole year, we'll have multiple smaller Quests, with the top three hunters in each Quest receiving points. Whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins!

Quest #1: Fiduciary Frolics!

Capitalism has run rampant throughout the world! Even the owner of PC's Greatest Club® has been affected by it, bearing the word "Money" in his name! Shops are purchasing items in exchange for this currency; let's raise some money for the SHC so that we can have a really cool clubhouse with a giant portrait of a flaming blue G!

The winner of this Quest will be the shiny hunter with the highest-valued hold items by their caught shinies! Catch Pokemon who are holding items, and add up the sale value of your shinies's held items to determine your score! If you catch a shiny who isn't holding an item, that won't count towards this Quest. :P

This is probably the most difficult Quest we've ever had, but we have a ton of really awesome hunters now, and I believe you're up for the challenge! :pink_nod:

There are no restrictions for this Quest, so feel free to chain, use Safaris, or use whatever method you want to catch your shinies! Good luck and have fun!

Quest #1: Fiduciary Frolics! lasts until midnight EST on February 28th, 2017. The winner of the Quest (that is, the hunter who ends up with the highest value of their caught held items) will receive 5 points for the Yearly Quest, the second-place hunter will receive 3 points, and the third-place hunter will receive 1 point.

Huge thanks to Chr. Draco for the Quest idea!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back