• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Johto Beast Events (Now happening on Wifi!)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

I believe all stores are via wireless in the usa infact.
    I was alluding to what they were saying earlier how some may be behind the counter. Distributions are not all done the same be it at Gamestop and Toys R Us, or any other location. That is why I am not going to make an absolute claim that all stores do it that way. So all of the SHOULD be wireless that doesn't mean its the case.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I do think thou that all gamestops are wireless,i think that its ebgame stores do it over the counter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    Yesterday i went to Gamestop and got the Raiku and im gonna go get the other 2 legendary dogs once they come out

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
    When I got raikou, I was the only one downloading! I got four, though, (I hadn't restarted Diamond yet -_-) so I guess that makes four of me?

Apparently, a lot of people had come earlier. Eh. I'm just annoyed that it's rash instead of naïve, buy only a little annoyed.

Raikou <3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    When I got raikou, I was the only one downloading! I got four, though, (I hadn't restarted Diamond yet -_-) so I guess that makes four of me?

Apparently, a lot of people had come earlier. Eh. I'm just annoyed that it's rash instead of naïve, buy only a little annoyed.

Raikou <3
    That is why you set next to the man at the pokemart until you get the next you want. I would suggest soft resetting(pressing Start,Select,L and R buttons at the same time).

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    That is why you set next to the man at the pokemart until you get the next you want. I would suggest soft resetting(pressing Start,Select,L and R buttons at the same time).

Too bad they have set natures...

Anyways, I just got 3 copies of Raikou today at my local Gamestop. It feels kind of awkward going in, standing there with your DS and then leaving without buying anything :\
    Though I guess that's what they're counting on.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    lol, I was too lazy too look. I just walked in, with my game in downloaded it and got out. The employees there are used too it by now. I went there today and it was completely dead.

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    All distributions are wireless, its just that some you have to have an employee power on their DS and some (I'm assuming) already have and leave their DS' on.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    I got two Raikous they are so awesome.

EDIT:
    what if they get money for every second you stand there with your ds
    i know this is not true but what if

Last edited:

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    I parked in the spot 2 spots from the entrance and got it from the car. Then I drove off lol. I'm going to do the same thing for the other 2 dogs and Celebi.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    I parked in the spot 2 spots from the entrance and got it from the car. Then I drove off lol. I'm going to do the same thing for the other 2 dogs and Celebi.

I did the same thing :D
    Except, My friend works at the gamestop I frequent so I may go in eventually. ><

nikeboy4

"Victory"
    Years
    I want to try that because getting this Raikou was my first wondercard and I felt a little awkward when I went into the store but the guy in the store was chill We talked and he told me to bring all my games and stuff.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    M'kay, so, these shiny things unlock the Zoroark event, right?

They'll do this at EB Games, right?!

EB Games is owned by Game Stop so I'm pretty sure they should do it. My EB Games was converted into a Game Stop a few years ago. Also, it will have to a participating store. One of the Game Stops near my house wasn't doing the event but the other was.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    I just got a Raikou when I went to buy another copy of SoulSilver since mine broke, I did mystery gift with my Platinum and the guy told me that I should open my game too in the store and get one with my new version, so now I have two. The guy was pretty cool about it, they even had posters announcing the event that was going on on the door.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I finally got three shiny Raikou from Gamestop. It only took me about 5 minutes. I also finally got a DSi to replace my old DS. I'm now able to battle and trade online. My wi-fi is WPA, so my old DS couldn't be used with it, since it only works with WEP.

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    If only I got something to offer... But right now I don't have any Pokemon (good ones) as I'm still in the story part. :(

But is there a card that comes with the game? If so, can it be traded via Wi-Fi?

Back