• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Meh. Shiny codes are cheap. I prefer my REAL shinies over everything. *pats shiny Brave Sharpedo and Careful Pelliper*

Steven Hughes

Bandit
    Years
    i have a shiny pokemon AR code for Emerald that works perfectly. (not for me, i did it for my friend. cause he dosn't have internet, so i looked it up and he used it and it worked. all three of my shinies are the real deal.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    >_> You can discuss the morality of using codes to get certain things elsewhere.

Years
    Man, in all these years of searching I've only found 2 shinies. So what, does it really matter? But the fact remains: A true shiny is the most valuable thing in the game *Bursts out crying*.
    Off topic: Can I see my own signature?

sander2505

the pokemonlover
    Years
    my shinies

gold:
    gyarados
    pidgeotto
    jumpluff
    furret

silver:
    gyarados
    butterfree
    murkrow
    entei
    rattata

crystal:
    gyarados
    meganium
    noctowl

ruby:
    groundon
    sharpedo
    aggron
    girafarig

sapphire:
    sceptile
    bannette
    shedinja
    ninjask

firered:
    nidoqeeun
    swinub
    lapras
    alakazam
    gengar
    graveler

leafgreen:
    venasar
    raticate
    snorlax

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    qwertyman said:
    my brother once a shiny caterpie but he didnt bring any balls with him

Wha?? Ok so lemme get this straight your brother has a shiny caterpie yet he didn't....ok even repeating it i can't make heads nor tails out of that.

Anyways, I found out that if you save before you fight a legendary bird on fire red every time you go to fight him there is a chance, very slim but a chance none the less, that he will be a shiny so trying for shiny articuno, zapdos and moltres lol

Only shiny i have is my Koffing and that was a one off lol :P

Steven Hughes

Bandit
    Years
    -Jirachi- said:
    Wha?? Ok so lemme get this straight your brother has a shiny caterpie yet he didn't....ok even repeating it i can't make heads nor tails out of that.

I think he meant his brother RAN INTO a shiny caterpie with no balls left.

anyway, i got 100 more EV points in speed left. (50 for me cause i'm using the macho brace, DUH XP) i used 10 carbos on slash (or whatever the speed vitamin is called.) and i trained it against 26 pokemon. (w/ macho brace=52)

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    The only shiny I've ever had is a gold Rattata which I found in the burned building in Cinnibar.
    Of all the shinies I could have had, why did it have to be a weak Rattata!?!?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    There are no tips. Everytime you run into a Pokemon there's a 1/8192 chance of it being shiny. Everything that everyone else says about pressing buttons or chucking your GBA at a tree is just psychological (or in the case of the tossing your GBA at a tree, extremely lucky).

The only surefire way to get a shiny everytime is to use codes with a cheating device.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I've now made it my goal to catch at least on shiny on the GBA games o____________o; I should run into at least ONE in my combined 200+ hours on my three games [Ruby, LeafGreen, and Emerald] x.x;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back