• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I found a shiny shuppet, it just looks off colour, a bit green.
    but it had some weird stars in the battle.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    Lol, you got me on the "No" part, but you really can't say that I don't have good English when you can't even type out "you" or use capital letters. I also don't believe that you have gotten all the fire starter shinies. I haven't seen ONE of your posts in the DP section claiming that you have a shiny Chimchar, and you never even told us what shinies you have! You also have no proof of your shinies captures; I do.

Don't be an idiot. :)

well actually, the only reason i type 'u' instead of 'you' is because that is shorthand typing. and the reason i haven't claimed that i have a shiny chimchar is because IT WAS ON MY FRIENDS GAME. he said that i'm not allowed to claim it. and i haven't got a scanner as proof. so shut up, and dont YOU be an idiot. oh, and BY THE WAY. I HAVE PUT LOADS OF POSTS IN THIS THREAD ABOUT WHAT SHINIES I HAVE!!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    my shuppet evolved, Bannete looks basically the same as normal, its a slightly lighter colour then normal though. Barely noticeable other then the stars when u go into battle

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    I've had no luck on my Sapphire, or any of my other games come to think of it. I was very lucky with my Silver, where I caught a shiny Teddiursa, Horsea & Ponyta, but I've lost that one, and haven't found any shinies on any of my other games!

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    Yeah you can do this if you want please. I want a Shiny Flygon. It's cool. But how do you want to send the Trapinch?

oh, sorry i didn't answer you. when i get D/P, then we can trade wirelessly (btw, GR8 idea from nintendo) because ill have traded my shiny trapinch onto my D or P, and then ill trade it to u. easy peasy, lemon squeezy :)

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
    I envy all those who have Shinies... Congratulations to all of you. I've been a Poke-player for about 8 years now, and the first Shiny I got was, obviously, the GSC Gyarados. Since this is about RSE I will talk about that only.

I've been playing Ruby since I was 12 (that's in 2003), Sapphire since the following year, and Emerald since the following year. In those 4-5 years I've seen only three and caught two. I was so furious at myself when I ACCIDENTALLY ran away from a Shining Lairon I found in Victory Road (we do seem to have a lot of Shinings there). I kept telling myself "If I could turn back time I'd definitely get that!". I found two other Shinings, both in Sky Pillar: Mawile at LV 50 and Dusclops at LV 49. Both of them I traded to my first Emerald, but it got stolen when I was on my educational tour to China. Now in my second Emerald, I have yet to find one.

I wanted to find a Shining Swablu, but Altaria's not that strong. Currently I'm just waiting to run into one, since I'm prioritizing training.

Oh, a note to all of you: Shinings are sooo rare that's why a lot of us have gone through the whole game multiple times without seeing them. The ratio of one appearing is a constant 1/8192, and so is hatching one. Try getting a Shiny Beldum, since in RSE it's the only Pokemon (correct me if I am wrong) that you can get without battling.

Once again, congratulations to all those who have Shinies. Good luck training them!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    You can actually get Anorith, Lileep, and Castform without battling, too. I personally would count the starters as well because the battle at the beginning hardly counts as a battle.

I'm switching up my hunts a bit on my R/S/E.

Ruby :: Latias
    Sapphire :: JIRACHI!!!
    Emerald1 :: Regirock
    Emerald2 :: Regice

Wish me luck!

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I'm hunting for Moltres (STILL) on FR, and Squirtle on LG. I hope I get them soon. Please wish me luck guys, I've been hunting for these shinies for a very long time...

I'll wish you LUCK!, Go Fufu3000, YOu can do it!!

On topic though, I still can't get a damned Lapras, ahhg!

Frugget

Meteor Masher
    Years
    If you really want to shiny hunt on R/S/E, getting a sceptile or zangoose is a must. These are the only pokemon that learn false swipe, which will never kill the opponent, but always leave them at 1 hp. Shinys come at any level, so as long as you have enough pokeballs, you'll be prepared.
    (i wish i had some credentials or something as being a professional with shinys, but i don't really, i just discovered this can help a lot.)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Heh, thanks a bunch, Paranoia, I appreciate it. :) I wish you good luck with Lapras, too, it is one of my absolute favorite shinies. I was hunting for one on FR, but I got a normal one and saved on accident...I'll just hunt for it again on LG, if I can ever get this darned shiny Squirtle. Once again, thanks for the luck, and good luck on your hunts.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    well actually, the only reason i type 'u' instead of 'you' is because that is shorthand typing. and the reason i haven't claimed that i have a shiny chimchar is because IT WAS ON MY FRIENDS GAME. he said that i'm not allowed to claim it. and i haven't got a scanner as proof. so shut up, and dont YOU be an idiot. oh, and BY THE WAY. I HAVE PUT LOADS OF POSTS IN THIS THREAD ABOUT WHAT SHINIES I HAVE!!!!!
    Ok, so, technically, you don't have all the fire starter shinies. If you got it on your friends game, but he didn't let you claim it, then why did you say that you had all of them? Stop making this argument fail, please.

And can someone tell me what shinies this guy has? Apparently, he's told you guys loads of times. I'm not being an idiot, you're being irrational and annoying slow.

Paranoia

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Heh, thanks a bunch, Paranoia, I appreciate it. :) I wish you good luck with Lapras, too, it is one of my absolute favorite shinies. I was hunting for one on FR, but I got a normal one and saved on accident...I'll just hunt for it again on LG, if I can ever get this darned shiny Squirtle. Once again, thanks for the luck, and good luck on your hunts.

TY!!, lol Although I am searching for the lapras in pearl lol, Also, heres a helpful tip, I turned the odds into a percentage, Which is 0.01% LOL ahhg, I hate my math brain, Why did I have to do that.

BTW Fufu, How many shinys do you have?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    All my shinies can be seen in the card on my sig...IIRC, I have thirteen. Can you soft reset for Lapras on Pearl, or do you find it in the wild? And how many shinies do you have? I'm very curious.

I've changed the 1/8192 odds into a percentage before; I didn't like the percentage I got one bit!

Paranoia

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    All my shinies can be seen in the card on my sig...IIRC, I have thirteen. Can you soft reset for Lapras on Pearl, or do you find it in the wild? And how many shinies do you have? I'm very curious.

I've changed the 1/8192 odds into a percentage before; I didn't like the percentage I got one bit!

Yeah Lapras is in the water, It's so cool, I can keep catching them, mwaaha <3 Lapras (I have like 20 LOL)

So far, I have as Starmie, and Mewtwo, All I am going for is:

Starmie
    Lapras
    Mamoswine
    Metagross
    Magnezone
    Gengar (Although the shiny sprite sucks)
    and Maybe Salamence or Rhyperior

Because I want a team of shiny's, So yeah, But good think about Pearl is the pokeradar, I have a chain of 22 Bagonsm Woot! Apparently their is a higher chance of getting a shiny past 45 chains, So I am hoping it'll be true.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    How dare you? I made a comment, that you are not the first, and then i said 'i got him a shiny chimchar', and you decide that you wish to taunt me because i haven't got D/P yet. Again. HOW DARE YOU!?

i reckon that when it comes to shiny pokemon, i am the bees knees with leerdammer cheese. everyone is saying that they've seen a shiny pokemon, KO'd it and never seen one again. but the following pkmn (NO TRADE) are my shinies:
    Nosepass
    Dustox
    Beautifly
    Duskull (that one that can be found on mt pyre)
    Wurmple
    Makuhita}both in different places!
    Hariyama}both in different places!
    Absol
    Tropius (?didnt even know it culd be a shiny til i caught it?)
    Seedot (Nuzleaf, then Shiftry) which was a LUCKY find
    Poochyena (then Mightyena)
    Tentacool}BOTH IN DIFFERENT PLACES
    Tentacruel}BOTH IN DIFFERENT PLACES
    Slugma
    Sandshrew (then Sandslash)
    Spinda
    and finally, a shiny Claydol.

DragonMaster Jet, over and out
    take that.

Last edited:

Ruzzy

whatever
    Years
    Ignoring the flame war, I have 5 shinies at the moment,which are
    Deoxys
    Golem
    Golduck
    Articuno
    Tentacruel

I also have a shiny Jirachi that I later found to be illegit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back