• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I've ran into a couple shiny Pokemon, but only 1 on an Advance game.

My first shiny Pokemon (excluding the red Gyarados- using Silver Version) was a Golbat that I found in the Ice Path. Eventually, I reset the game (trading the Golbat to my younger cousin) and after a long time caught a shiny Weedle that I found in National Park. Later, I managed to run into a Shiny Pidgey (female-- up until this point, I thought all shinies were male, unless it was a Pokemon that couldn't be like Jynx and Kangaskhan)-- it was captured right outside National Park.
    The only Shiny Pokemon that I caught on an Advance game was a Nidoran (male) on FireRed. I caught it in the Safari Zone, and if I'm not mistaken, that had been the first time I ran into a wild Nidoran (male). Sadly I loaned my FR to a friend and he lost it... but he plans to buy me a new FR, though I won't have my Shiny Nidoking anymore...

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    all my shineys ever (not using my xploder.. and not my gyarados on gold)

whismur

:P

lol although to be honest, i dont train or even go in grass at all

Years
    I've only found a shiny Pelipper in Ruby. XD It was green instead of blue. This shiny hunting thing sounds fun. I might have to get into this...

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
    Oh, congrats on your shiny Articuno! Wrong forum however, this is for R/S/E :) What's the nature?

I got shiny Latios today. I was soo happy when I saw it had a Bold nature.

You lucky son of a gun :P Articuno's nature is Naive :( so I am now trying to hatch a shiny Lileep. If anyone has any tips to hatch shinies that would be nice.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2006
    Starting at Verdanturf Town, use the Mach bike and cycle all the way through Mauville and to the water in the route east of Mauville. Then go back.

Repeat.

Really, that's just quick egg hatching.
    =]

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    I caught a shiny Rayquaza!!!!!
    #^$# YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    X)

that makes it my second shiny pokemon :))))))

Zeroxy16

Just a guy...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2007
    lol guys idk but when i got my first gba game(pokemon silver) i had cought 2 shines in less then 2 monthes(doduo and rapidash)
    I feel sooo lucky

pokeman1033

Females and shinies rule.
    Years
    This sucks...

I caught Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza as shinies in my Emerald. In the wild, too. Now my game's so glitchy I can actually stand on top of a Berry tree by walking towards it. I'm lucky if I don't have to save 7-8 times instead of once like I'm supposed to. It's worth it, though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Did you use a GameShark? Figures if it went glitchy...
    I was ssoo determined to get a Shiny Charmander (going on to black charizard!), so i breeded about 20 of em, and saved in front of one step till it hatched
    Wahh, took me ages, but no luck
    I gave up and started to breed Eevees to make an eevee family instead
    Stupid Emerald...

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2007
    Hopes

I once had a wonderful shiny Sableye... I loaned my game to my good friend and her jerk boyfriend stole my Serrie in a rigged trade without her or my realizing it right away. I'd fight him for it, but this is just a game after all, no sense in being stupid... *sighs* I really hate him... Anyway, I'm getting a little off topic. My Sableye is the only shiny I've ever gotten. I don't rightly think the Gyarados counts because it's an in game given one.

Hey! What I really wanna know is, is it possible to get a shiny starter for Emerald? There aren't any tricks are there, just those darn 1 to 81whatever odds right? I really want a sparkly Torchic!

I've been starting over, picking my pokemon, seeing that it's normal, resetting and repeating the process, and I'm getting really tired of this - it's been a month now! Am I wasting my time? How long should this take realistically?

I know getting a shiny starter would be worth it, but this is dragging on my nerves. Are there differences between people's game packs that make them better adapted to getting shiny pokemon? Do I have a lower chance or something...? That would stink...

Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back