• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokemon in S/M VS All Past Gens

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    So what is everyone's S/M shiny count compared to all the older games?

I've literally only encountered a shiny Elgyem in Pokemon Pearl, in some random tower.. So that's my count:

Sun/Moon: 0
    Past Gens: 1

How about you guys?

Years
  • I've only caught one shiny and it was a random encounter in Omega Ruby it was a shiny Meditite at Mt. Pyre. But I've never actually put serious effort into looking for Shiny's. Been looking at the S.O.S method for Sun/Moon I'm going to try that soon.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • 1 to 1.

ORAS Shiny was a wild encounter Taillow that I evolved.

SM Shiny was an Alolan Vulpix I hatched.

I don't count trade shinies, nor gift shinies, nor shinies that get away from me.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm counting caught shinies only

SM: 2
    All other games: 0

yeah i seriously only got shinies just because of SOS chaining. lmao

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    Interesting responses guys.. It's crazy how rare they are. I have looked into the SOS method lately too but I just lose interest in the chain and catch them after 30 KOs in a beast ball for the IVs.. I saw a video of someone getting a shiny after a chain of 70, pretty lucky..

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm counting caught shiny's only, so:

Moon: 2 shinies: a magikarp and a Golduck
    Alpha Sapphire: 2 shinies

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    In Sun and Moon I have 0 shinies.

In Gen 6 I have 118 shinies.
    Spoiler:

I haven't done any shiny hunting in Gen 7 for a few reasons. I'm no where near completing the game which from what I've seen is best time to start shiny hunting. Also my current goal is to get as many Gen 1, 2, and 3 shinies as I can. I'm not really hunting for Gens 4-7. If I get them then cool but I'm not intetested in getting a living shiny dex of all 800 Pokemon.

I do want to hunt for some of the Pokemon in Gen 7 you have to breed for in Gen 6 like Bonsly for Sudowoodo and Gastly.
    I have a box of duplicate shinies from chain fishing and Friend Safari in addition to the 118.

And finally I have some shinies that were given to me, these include Gengar(event), Sceptile(GTS), Togekiss(GTS), Arceus(WT), Xerneas(event), Yveltal(event).

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Past Generations:0
    Sun and Moon: 1 - Shiny Pikipek

I've never shiny hunted before gen 7, but with the new SOS method, I gave it try. I eventually caught a shiny Pikipek after 165 encounters, which made me pretty happy. It's my first shiny ever! It's now a Trumbeak and is part of team :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2019
    Past gen: 4
    In ORAS 3 wild Pokemon; 2 Zigzagoon while EV training and a Taillow soaring.
    also an Eevee I bred.
    Not counting trades, GTS, WT etc.

Will try SOS chaining soon.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So what is everyone's S/M shiny count compared to all the older games?

I've literally only encountered a shiny Elgyem in Pokemon Pearl, in some random tower.. So that's my count:

Past Gens: 1

How about you guys?
    Isn't Elygem a gen 5 pokemon?

Anyways:
    S/M: 0
    Past gens: 7

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Generation 1: (Fire Red) 0
    Generation 2: 0
    Generation 3: 1 Aron
    Generation 4: 1 A No soft reset eevee from Bill. =p
    Generation 5: 0
    Generation 6: 1 Flabebe
    Generation 7: 1 (Lurantis)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • S/M: 0
    Past: 2

I've only ever legitimately caught a shiny Shinx in Diamond and more recently a shiny Zubat in X. None in Sun & Moon so far. :<

Back