• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I've only encountered one wild shiny, which was a male, LV 19 Goldeen in the Safari Zone. I threw a ball at it, but it ran on the first turn. D:

Dark Mystery

a hidden mystery
    Years
  • My first shiny pokemon was a shiny tangela, then a shiny spinda, and then a shiny latias and then i saved my game in front of shaymin and kept restarting until it was shiny!

Duskfall

Hard-Headed Theologian
    Years
  • It was in Pokemon LeafGreen. I had a Masterball on me, saving it for Suicune. I'm on Two Island, saving Lostelle. She says there's a scary Pokemon, and a lvl30 Hypno jumps out. Guess what? It's freakin' pink!

I neraly jumped out of the chair. After that, I just chucked a Masterball at it and imported it to Diamond ASAP.

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    onl shiny i ever got was a ryhorn wich was red but went to orange when it evolved it was in leaf green my first game on the sevii islands i was amazed

Years
  • I found a shiny in my friends Pearl while pointlessly running around. Blue Ponyta! I quickly traded it to my Diamond and she still doesn't know to this day.:P

Oh, Yeah! And that Red Gyarados from G/S/C!

Last edited:

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • Yeah, I saw a Shiny Sandshrew in that ashy area in Emerald. I didn't catch it though 'cause I didn't have any Pokéballs with me :l
    Now I have always atleast 100 Pokéballs with me XD

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • In LeafGreen, I found a shiny Caterpie while searching for Entei above Cerulean. It took two Ultra Balls to catch. The next day, while training that shiny Caterpie (now a Buterfree) in Victory Road, I run into a shiny Geodude. I couldn't decide whether to use Stun Spore to prevent it from Self-Destructing or throw an Ultra Ball. So I chucked an Ultra Ball and I caught it.

More recently in Sapphire, I soft resetted for 2 hours and got a shiny Mudkip.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • Have you ever saw a shiny pokemon and what was it?

I saw a shiny paras in mt moon on Leaf green, not the best of pokemon to be shiny but i caught it anyway.

Once caught a shiny Weezing and a shiny Unown (L) on the same day. Also caught every Unown that day... That was a good day for me ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I saw a shiny bellsprout today but i killed it by accident lol (n)

Years
  • I have about... ZERO shiny Pokemon. Aren't I cool? xD

To be honest, I very rarely ever see them, so it amazes me how people manage to catch about 10-20 of them, when I think I've seen about maybe five in my entire life. The last one I've caught was a shiny Phanpy in Silver version. Yeah, it's been that long. =P

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • Ahh the first time I ever played A pokemon game that had shiny's was in emerald so I started to just train my mudkip and then I found a Ralts and I checked to see what it was on serebii and read that it was a psychc pokemon and I noticed there was two different colors of him and I had the blue one and thought it was cool so I caught it. Ive never seen another one...

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2013
    I came across a shiny Rayquaza in Emerald and now it is in Diamond...and i also came across an shiny starly (which is staraptor now) in diamond...

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2008
    came across only 1 shiny from the 9 years ive played pokemon

a tentacool, horrible

mrpwnageisme

I am teh smexyest
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 26, 2008
    ok i got a sjhiny raquaza on ruby i was doing the raguaza event and wen i battled it was shiny lucky me

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    My only shiny was... a Magikarp the first time I played Silver. The bad thing is, It was level 29 when I encountered the red Gyrados in Lake of Rage. I fail horribly.

PKDante

Mr Legs
    Years
  • I found a Shiny abra in Gold version

All the rest were on ruby:
    2 shiny whismur,
    Shiny Electrike
    Shiny Zubat and shiny Golbat which I found in back to back fights!

I chained on Diamond and got 2 shiny Ditto from the chain, then my game froze and I lost them :(

Back