• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
  • Let's see, all the shinies I've ever seen/caught:

GSC:
    -Raticate
    -Hoothoot (got away, because I couldn't use pokeballs yet)
    -Oddish (nothing to catch with)
    -Krabby (evolved)
    -Gyarados (obligatory shiny)
    -Cleffa (Crystal egg, also obligatory shiny, and fully evolved)
    -Graveler (evolved)
    -Nidoran F (fully evolved)

Sapphire:
    -Zigzagoon
    -Banette (I was so stoked, Banette is one of my favorites)
    -Golbat (actually, two in the same save file, and turned pink when evolved)

Fire Red:
    -Rattata
    -Metapod (evolved, obviously)

Emerald:
    -Numel (evolved)

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • I've only found shinies in my Silver, even though I have played Crystal the longest. I was just lucky in Silver, but now the internal battery has died so I don't have any shinies anymore... The two shinies I found in Silver were Drowzee (purple) and Rhyhorn. (almost same color?) I didn't train them or anything, but it was cool to have them. :P

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years
  • i've played the games plenty in my time and the only shiny i have ever found is the one u always get in G/S/C lol

my lil brother bought his gold used though and when he got it it had a shiny murkrow on it.

that's it though.

don't own Fr/Lg, Emerald or D/P :/

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Now that I think about it, I remember that I saw a shiny Wurmple in Emerald, but accidently fainted it. I didn't want it anyways.. Just wanted to catch it because my friend wanted it (at the time we were both playing at his house, so we were looking over each others shoulders to see everything we were doing).

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    well here it goes:

RSE:
    Poochyena (friends game) caught it! (Pal Parked to my Diamond)
    Houdour (friends game) ran O.o
    1st Battle Shiny Poochyena no pokeballs...

~Edit~
    Wish i had a shiny Houndour...
    Go to my Thread if you want to trade for it

Last edited:

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    Ruby, I caught a Blue Numel

and in Cerulian Cave I caught a Bronze Machoke in Leaf Green

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
  • The first shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Poochyena on Emerald. However, I was about 8 back then, and didn't know what a shiny Pokemon was, or its value. So, I restarted the file. ;_;
    The next one was about a year later, when I encountered a shiny Bellsprout on LeafGreen, east of Celadon. I caught it, since I had learned about shinies now, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I deleted the file... I just don't know.
    Then, a year ago, I found a shiny Sandshrew on the same game, west of Cerulean City. I have now migrated it to Diamond, and plan to evolve it.
    In August, I was playing Diamond, chaining Tauros, and on the third Tauros, I found a shiny patch. Then I encountered a shiny Tauros. I caught him, and named him Lemon-Lime, after his colors.
    Only a month later, I was EV training my Gible, randomly encountering wild Pokemon, when I found a shiny Shinx. I caught her and named her Nefertiti. :)
    That's it! I'll probably post again when I find another shiny Pokemon.
    Right now, I'm aiming for a shiny Pidgey, Zigzagoon, or Surskit on Diamond. Too bad they only come in swarms...

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah the first ever shiny I encountered was in pokemon crystal, it was a rhyhorn, but when I was young I had no idea about shinies so I thought I was seeing things when it sparkled, and I ran, I found out about this a few weeks ago and was devastated.
    :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    i ve had a lot of shinies and got them all except ponyta i would have caught it but i didnt know they were that rare so i thought i would get more which i did

shiny charmander
    shiny bulbasaur
    shiny sneasel
    shiny beldum
    shiny roselia
    shiny swablu
    shiny dratini
    shiny eevee
    shiny riolu
    shiny larvitar
    shiny gible
    all currently reside in my diamond game
    im very lucky when it comes to shinies

IcyByte

Just Call Me Icy
    Years
  • A shiny Koffing on my Silver game! I will always remember that day...

"Lolwtf? *kills*"

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • I've seen about 6, but never caught one, i always seem to be tired and needing to be somwhere, saw a whismur and a zubat both shiny in rusturf tunnel, and i think i saw a numel, but i ran before i realied each time, so, so gutted :'(

Back