• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2004
    I just can't find a shiny Pokemon in r/s?Is it really that hard?And on Crystal they appear very often (well they did to me)

Lady Umbreon

Teh Sophomore of DOOM!
    Years
  • I spent all weekend trying to get a shiny Lugia on Crystal and it still hasn't appeared... Well, maybe after another 20 hours... @.@;

Has anybody ever seen a shiny Jigglypuff? I've really been wanting one lately for some reason... :P

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • i have a red onix which is different from the original shiney.
    about 30+ red garodos
    i got 3 shiney celebis and forgot to post it.
    pink sneasel
    silver flamed rapidash

as much as i love my red celebis i want a blue mew really badly

SuperCody2004

Latios
    Years
  • Ive been playing for 102 hours no shiny.I probably have some of the strongest pkmn
    there is I dont even get rewarded.

SuperCody2004

Latios
    Years
  • No

Furikuri Otaku said:
    Should i wait till rayquaza is shiny or should i just catch it?15 hours and ive tried to make it shiny atleast 250 times. Any ideas?

No you should catch it normal.Dont waste your time on something thats just a different color.There are many other mysteries in the game.Ive beatin the
    game 99%.Just waiting for Jerachi.Lookout Jerachi Cody is COMING! :laugh: :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2004
    There's no specific area you can find a shiny in. You can find them anywhere if you look REALLY hard, and if you have the patience. (Unfortunately for me I have none)

Strange....and I find it simple to find a shiny Pokemon.I said I have 6 of them but now I have 8.I don't get it...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Lady Umbreon said:
    I remember Kairi saying that the chances of getting a shiny depends on your IV...

...what's an IV?? Mine must really stink. :\
    That only applies to GSC, not R/S. If you want to see what IVs are though, check the stickyed Advanced Trainer's guide in the R/S section. ^_^;

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • Dragonair said:
    I Just Caught A Shiny Zangoose By Mistake I Was Going To Get Bagon when Bam Shiny Zangoose I Started Shaking Like Mad But Then I Caught It And It Was Like Someone Threw Ice Water Over Me Then I Was Spechless For Like 5 Mins(Wanted A Shiny Zangoose Scince I Bought The Game) Saved My Game Then Ran Around My House For 1 Hour Screaming I GOT HIM BOYAA!!!
    Bagon isn't found in the same place as Zangoose ;x

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • In 100+ hours I'm sure I've encountered thousands of pokemon, which means that I should have at least seen 1 shiny (if I've seen 6000 or more...I think those are the approxamate odds) I want to have at least one besides the shining zigzagoon I'll download to my Sapphire next month when I can finally make it to EB...

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    Hehehe

Sturm said:
    I FINALLY CAGHT A SHINY FEEBAS!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
    after looking for 2 hours for a feebas...shiny feebas appear...*shocked*
    Cool!
    I got mine REALLY quick though, i found one in 17 mins.
    I am so lucky

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back