• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I got only Shiny Gyarados in my ruby...I had 2 but i trade my Shiny Linoone to my friend (he gave me Latias)

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2004
    i've only ever had 2 shiny pokemon, the red gyarodos from G/S and a metapod-but i kept it anyway, i didn't know what was wrong with it when i first got it :)

Years
  • will i get a shiny beldum if i save it in front of the pokeball in stevens house and keep selecting the pokeball and restarting ?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Malc said:
    will i get a shiny beldum if i save it in front of the pokeball in stevens house and keep selecting the pokeball and restarting ?
    Yes, but the chance is very small. It could take forever. I did that once, but I gave up after getting board. I'm doing that with an invisible Kecleon right now! ^_^ I'm sure that it'll never show up as a shiny though. Of course, anything can happen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2004
    Hey everyone i am the Shiny breeder I have gotten every shiny pokemon that is able to breed on my Gold game except for Caterpie and his forms. I also just aquired a shiny Trapinch on my Sapphire game and have started to breed him.

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
  • Should i wait till rayquaza is shiny or should i just catch it?15 hours and ive tried to make it shiny atleast 250 times. Any ideas?

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • Do shiny Pokemon still "shine" when they appear in R/S, or are they just a different color? I was always looking for the shine, so I hope I didn't miss any!

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    They didn't shine for me and I don't think they shine for anyone. I remember someone at the pojo board saying they caught a Lunatone whith a blue eye and didn't know it was different until he saw the pokedex.
    horn

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • Yamichu said:
    They didn't shine for me and I don't think they shine for anyone. I remember someone at the pojo board saying they caught a Lunatone whith a blue eye and didn't know it was different until he saw the pokedex.
    horn

They do shine, but it's really had to see because they muted the colors. The stars are brownish and swirl in a quick DNA pattern that's almost impossable to see if you're not paying attention. Discouraging, really...

Oakley

Sweet girl
    Years
  • Last night I had a dream about shiny pokemon in my game. I really would love to catch one shiny pokemon. I have seen only shiny Oddish in Safarii Zone =/

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • Oakley said:
    Last night I had a dream about shiny pokemon in my game. I really would love to catch one shiny pokemon. I have seen only shiny Oddish in Safarii Zone =/

Wow, I had a dream about shiny Pokemon about a year ago, and the next day I found the same one in my game! I think you may just have a chance! :D

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    ShiningKamikaze- No you shouldn't. It's probalby pretty piontless to keep trying for more than 3 days so I recomend you just catch one with the right nature I got my Pink Kyogre in the first DAY! Man I was lucky! :D :D :D

'C ya
    ~HORN!

T-Wolf

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • Finally

Yesterday, when i reached 102 hours of playing Ruby, I ran into and successfully captured my first shiny pokemon. I caught a Barboach. Instead of its head an fins being blue, it was gold. He was at level 28 and i was fishing using a super rod at route 114. About 23 minutes later, he evolved in a Whiscash. His colour is just darker than a normal Whiscash.

I want a shiny chikorita....but that means i have to wait for FR/LG

ShiningKamikaze!!!

THE CRAZIEST DUDE ALIVE
    Years
  • Yamichu said:
    ShiningKamikaze- No you shouldn't. It's probalby pretty piontless to keep trying for more than 3 days so I recomend you just catch one with the right nature I got my Pink Kyogre in the first DAY! Man I was lucky! :D :D :D

'C ya
    ~HORN!

I tried 1 last time, and by sum miracle, I saw it! I caught it wit a ultar ball. Now, for my netx crazy stunt, I shall try 4 the shiny Beldum!!! MUHUHAHAHA!!! (We all no im screwed, right?)

PEEZE OWT!!!
    ~KAMIKAZE!!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • After more than 200+ hours of playing, I still dont have a shiny. Is there something wrong with my game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back