• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
CodeHelmet, Ash and Serena is probably the only one i like. Pikachu and Ketchup was also adorable though.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
CodeHelmet, Ash and Serena is probably the only one i like. Pikachu and Ketchup was also adorable though.

With regards to PikachuxKetchup, Lagomorph shippers would like to have a chat with you at some point(I wasn't aware how popular this ship is...). As for AshxSerena it's up to each person as to what they ship(I still like AshxSerena). As a popular Poketuber says: ShipOn.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
With regards to PikachuxKetchup, Lagomorph shippers would like to have a chat with you at some point(I wasn't aware how popular this ship is...). As for AshxSerena it's up to each person as to what they ship(I still like AshxSerena). As a popular Poketuber says: ShipOn.

Idk man, Pikachu and ketchup is just so adorable to me lmao. As for the other ships, yeah I respect all of them and at some point I would not have mind if Ash ended up with any past girl bar Iris who I disliked. Serena just grew on me because she and Ash had the most chemistry whether it was meant to happen that strongly or not. Every episode hinted at something.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Idk man, Pikachu and ketchup is just so adorable to me lmao. As for the other ships, yeah I respect all of them and at some point I would not have mind if Ash ended up with any past girl bar Iris who I disliked. Serena just grew on me because she and Ash had the most chemistry whether it was meant to happen that strongly or not. Every episode hinted at something.

PRB12 PRB is a big Amourshipper and he and his followers would like to have a word with you on PikachuxKetchup lol. If you like AshxSerena, then PRB's channel is definitely worth exploring(his XY cracks alone are worth it).

In any case, we shall see how Misty behaves in these upcoming Episodes and whether or not she subtly tries to make a move.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
PRB12 PRB is a big Amourshipper and he and his followers would like to have a word with you on PikachuxKetchup lol. If you like AshxSerena, then PRB's channel is definitely worth exploring(his XY cracks alone are worth it).

In any case, we shall see how Misty behaves in these upcoming Episodes and whether or not she subtly tries to make a move.

I actually came across him recently while catching up on the ship info I missed out for a while. His vids are definitely good to watch and I am glad the Amourshipping has some solid traction.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I actually came across him recently while catching up on the ship info I missed out for a while. His vids are definitely good to watch and I am glad the Amourshipping has some solid traction.

The ironic thing regarding PRB12 is that he was initially a big Pearlshipper but then started shipping Serena and well it changed him and his channel forever. Serena is still a popular character(she finished 2nd in a Japanese Poll of characters you'd like to see return(Brock and Misty finished 1st and 3rd respectively)) so if you want to see more AshxSerena, your odds are above average I would say. Whether or not you want to see her in that art style though... ugh. Serena would make an awesome "Moon" though.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
The ironic thing regarding PRB12 is that he was initially a big Pearlshipper but then started shipping Serena and well it changed him and his channel forever. Serena is still a popular character(she finished 2nd in a Japanese Poll of characters you'd like to see return(Brock and Misty finished 1st and 3rd respectively)) so if you want to see more AshxSerena, your odds are above average I would say. Whether or not you want to see her in that art style though... ugh. Serena would make an awesome "Moon" though.

I've seen some wishful art styles for her if she were to appear and they looked decent. In general I hope this style ends with S/M. I saw that she is popular and I am genuinely happy for that because I feel like she was the best thing that happened to the series and Ash's character in years. If she were to appear, would be at the end of the series I suppose but I feel if/when she ever comes back, she'd be permanent.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I've seen some wishful art styles for her if she were to appear and they looked decent. In general I hope this style ends with S/M. I saw that she is popular and I am genuinely happy for that because I feel like she was the best thing that happened to the series and Ash's character in years. If she were to appear, would be at the end of the series I suppose but I feel if/when she ever comes back, she'd be permanent.

Eh don't get your hopes up. Only characters to appear in multiple generations on a daily basis is Brock and Misty(if Johto counts as Generation 2). Besides I don't think it would work in Sun and Moon on a permanent basis due to "too many characters" syndrome. If Serena does return, it will be for a few Episodes before she heads off back on her journey. Perhaps she could return as Ash's companion in Generation 8 but then they'd basically have to model her after the female protagonist in the game(like Ash models the male one) and would go against their long standing model of replacing PokeGirls every Generation since Johto. Popularity or not, the odds are stacked against AshxSerena being rekindled.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
Eh don't get your hopes up. Only characters to appear in multiple generations on a daily basis is Brock and Misty(if Johto counts as Generation 2). Besides I don't think it would work in Sun and Moon on a permanent basis due to "too many characters" syndrome. If Serena does return, it will be for a few Episodes before she heads off back on her journey. Perhaps she could return as Ash's companion in Generation 8 but then they'd basically have to model her after the female protagonist in the game(like Ash models the male one) and would go against their long standing model of replacing PokeGirls every Generation since Johto. Popularity or not, the odds are stacked against AshxSerena being rekindled.

Yeah as much as I don't want to accept that, it's most likely the outcome. I mean I would find a way around it but in this case I'm guessing the writers don't care as much lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Pokemon has already done the thing where they did not model the main female character from the game, I am talking about Iris, one can argue that Iris is also in the game but shes not a protagonist and Hilda didnt appear in the Pokemon BW series also if Im correct.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Pokemon has already done the thing where they did not model the main female character from the game, I am talking about Iris, one can argue that Iris is also in the game but shes not a protagonist and Hilda didnt appear in the Pokemon BW series also if Im correct.

You'd be correct on Hilda, but Leaf and Moon haven't appeared in the Anime either. Plus they had Iris as the female lead to try and rekindle the Tsundere/Season 1 magic between Ash and Misty(another Gym Leader). Plus have you looked at the character Hilda? It makes May and Dawn look tame by comparison. If Serena came back during Sun and Moon, odds are they'd model her after Moon since she has the short hair for it. As I said before though, odds are she isn't coming back until next Season at the earliest, if at all. Frankly I'd prefer she doesn't come back at all but wouldn't mind her coming back for Generation 8 in the new region(granted that could be said of any of Ash's past female companions, even Iris).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
If Serena returns in SM and with the current depiction of Ash as a goofball, I'm sure it'll just ruin the ending of XYZ.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
If Serena returns in SM and with the current depiction of Ash as a goofball, I'm sure it'll just ruin the ending of XYZ.

I actually think he is a bit of everything, his talent in XYZ has remained in that his intelligence in battling is great. There are also moments where his leadership shines through and he's still the never give up guy from before. I also believe this is just done for the tone of SM anyways in that he's so goofy at times but when the darker arcs come, he'd change again. I don't think Serena will appear anyways but if she does, she'd fit in quite well with certain characters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
I want Serena back in the anime but I think the ending of XYZ pretty much concluded it all that she might not return, if she does itll be just for a few episodes. If she does return somehow they make her as Ash's permanent traveling companion which I know its impossible to happen but nothings wrong with hoping.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
I want Serena back in the anime but I think the ending of XYZ pretty much concluded it all that she might not return, if she does itll be just for a few episodes. If she does return somehow they make her as Ash's permanent traveling companion which I know its impossible to happen but nothings wrong with hoping.

There will eventually reach a point where they may want to make more than one companion permanent, someone close to Brock level and she may get that spot. Hard to tell where they'd go until a new gen is announced.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If we exclude the current cast of characters from joining Ash in the next region(if it comes with Ash as the male protagonist), that leaves all the past companions as options. Brock and Misty have had their time in the spotlight(even got a hyped up reunion in Sun and Moon 42 and 43) and if I had to put money on them returning, I wouldn't because as I said they've been around long enough and thy don't click with the current target audience(doesn't mean they won't return or resume their stated goals like Misty traveling around as opposed to being the only Cerulean Gym Leader).

May returning is a possibility considering her character wanted to travel around the world and going with Ash was rather memorable for her. The problem with her returning is that her VA is basically retired/changed careers. Not including Max because not only did I not like his character but he's too young and never should have been included in the first place. Dawn doesn't seem like the type to join up again with Ash. Her goal is to follow in her mother's footsteps by being the best coordinator she can be(and so far she's had one heck of a roller coaster ride).

Iris, ironically, has a high chance at coming back. I know her popularity is the lowest of any of the Pokegirls but her goal kind of meshes well with Ash's as she wants to travel around and meeting as many Dragon types as she can(hopefully befriending and capturing some along the way. Cilan also has the potential of returning as his brothers can handle the Gym without him. Meaning he's free to travel around with Ash.

The Kalos gang, frankly, has the highest probability of all past companions to return. Serena's goal is to be more like Ash and although her career goal is to become Kalos Queen, there is only so much one can learn doing Pokemon Contests. She may ultimately decide to try challenging a League like Ash and finally giving a Female protagonist the same goal or arc as the male one in the anime rather than relegating them to support status. Plus her popularity is the highest of all Pokegirls if they choose not to introduce an entirely new Pokegirl in Generation 8. Besides, Amourshipping went absolutely bonkers thanks to their XYZ 47 decision.

Clemont and Bonnie can both join them thanks to Clembot. With Clembot handling things at the Gym, Clemont and Bonnie can go anywhere, even on a journey outside the Kalos region(and I know they would relish the chance to travel with Ash again).

If anyone from current cast was to join Ash on a journey, it'd be Lillie. She's the only one not tied to the Alola region like the other five are but I suspect the events of Aether Arc/Ultra Beasts will prevent her from doing so.

If I had to rank my 8th Generation companions, it'd be Kalos first, then whomever they create for that new region, Iris and Cilan and then May and Dawn. Heck... what's to stop Ash from having two Female companions like Serena and Iris(that... honestly... would rock lol).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
If we exclude the current cast of characters from joining Ash in the next region(if it comes with Ash as the male protagonist), that leaves all the past companions as options. Brock and Misty have had their time in the spotlight(even got a hyped up reunion in Sun and Moon 42 and 43) and if I had to put money on them returning, I wouldn't because as I said they've been around long enough and thy don't click with the current target audience(doesn't mean they won't return or resume their stated goals like Misty traveling around as opposed to being the only Cerulean Gym Leader).

May returning is a possibility considering her character wanted to travel around the world and going with Ash was rather memorable for her. The problem with her returning is that her VA is basically retired/changed careers. Not including Max because not only did I not like his character but he's too young and never should have been included in the first place. Dawn doesn't seem like the type to join up again with Ash. Her goal is to follow in her mother's footsteps by being the best coordinator she can be(and so far she's had one heck of a roller coaster ride).

Iris, ironically, has a high chance at coming back. I know her popularity is the lowest of any of the Pokegirls but her goal kind of meshes well with Ash's as she wants to travel around and meeting as many Dragon types as she can(hopefully befriending and capturing some along the way. Cilan also has the potential of returning as his brothers can handle the Gym without him. Meaning he's free to travel around with Ash.

The Kalos gang, frankly, has the highest probability of all past companions to return. Serena's goal is to be more like Ash and although her career goal is to become Kalos Queen, there is only so much one can learn doing Pokemon Contests. She may ultimately decide to try challenging a League like Ash and finally giving a Female protagonist the same goal or arc as the male one in the anime rather than relegating them to support status. Plus her popularity is the highest of all Pokegirls if they choose not to introduce an entirely new Pokegirl in Generation 8. Besides, Amourshipping went absolutely bonkers thanks to their XYZ 47 decision.

Clemont and Bonnie can both join them thanks to Clembot. With Clembot handling things at the Gym, Clemont and Bonnie can go anywhere, even on a journey outside the Kalos region(and I know they would relish the chance to travel with Ash again).

If anyone from current cast was to join Ash on a journey, it'd be Lillie. She's the only one not tied to the Alola region like the other five are but I suspect the events of Aether Arc/Ultra Beasts will prevent her from doing so.

If I had to rank my 8th Generation companions, it'd be Kalos first, then whomever they create for that new region, Iris and Cilan and then May and Dawn. Heck... what's to stop Ash from having two Female companions like Serena and Iris(that... honestly... would rock lol).

There was a sort of leak before SM aired that Ash's traveling companions would be Serena and Gary but given the fact that Serena is in Hoenn so that would be impossible, that leaves the thought that she might eventually return in Generation 8 instead.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
C5vxK-eWQAABzxY.jpgBTW, I just wanna know if this is from an event or magazine since it doesnt look like a fan made one.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
View attachment 83331BTW, I just wanna know if this is from an event or magazine since it doesnt look like a fan made one.

Hard to determine the validity of that(w/e that is) but there would have to be a reason for Serena, much less Clemont and Bonnie, to make a reappearance in the Anime. I'd be all for Amourshipping being reinvigorated but my hope is they hold off bringing her back until Generation 8, if only because I want the current cast of characters to be at the forefront. Granted it would be nice to see a special involving Serena. Heck I've been seeing a lot of Serena fan fiction involving her meeting May while in Hoenn. Other fanfics have her meeting Dawn instead.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Hard to determine the validity of that(w/e that is) but there would have to be a reason for Serena, much less Clemont and Bonnie, to make a reappearance in the Anime. I'd be all for Amourshipping being reinvigorated but my hope is they hold off bringing her back until Generation 8, if only because I want the current cast of characters to be at the forefront. Granted it would be nice to see a special involving Serena. Heck I've been seeing a lot of Serena fan fiction involving her meeting May while in Hoenn. Other fanfics have her meeting Dawn instead.
I'm also totally fine with her returning in gen 8 and with Gary joining them with the reason that he has to do research on new pokémons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back