• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Personally, I'm not really into shipping for Pokemon very much because of how young the characters actually are but based on interactions they've had and looking at how they could be when they're older the only girl i would like Ash to end up with is Misty. I'm not saying he doesn't have any sort of chemistry with the others but I feel like May's chemistry is stronger with Drew and they'd be the more interesting story to tell compared with AshxMay. I could see him with Dawn but they feel more of a bromance kind of ship.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    Episodes full of armourshipping

After DP I left the anime nd I came back some time ago. Nd now I'm really interested in knowing why lots of ppl are mad after Serena and armourshipping. That's why I wanna know which episodes according to you are full of armourshipping and which are the best ones(in xy)?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I don't have much of a problem with Amourshipping, it's more Serena's character. Her personality is fine, it's a personality meant to be liked. She's just been poorly written and hasn't really developed. She spent the first year doing nothing of note and when she did have a goal (that was shoe horned in), a lot of the wins she got were handed to her (case in point her second showcase/perfecting Eevee's dance moves overnight, the extremely specific appeal rounds that included attracting Rhyhorn, PokePuffs and knowledge on Sylveon).

In regards to Amourshipping centric episodes, XY59 is the 'date' episode, XYZ22 is the cosplay episode, XYZ28 is the snowball episode and pretty much any episode that features Miette/Millefeui is bound to have some Amourshipping moments (this includes the dance episode).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After DP I left the anime nd I came back some time ago. Nd now I'm really interested in knowing why lots of ppl are mad after Serena and armourshipping. That's why I wanna know which episodes according to you are full of armourshipping and which are the best ones(in xy)?

All of XY is good and there are a ton of episodes that have shipping for the 2. There is even a competition between Serena and Miatte, one of her rivals, to win over Ash. The season even starts with them hugging as children in a flash back within the first 10 or so episodes.

But some of the biggest shipping episodes are these.
    E862 - Under the Pledging Tree!
    E908 - Party Dancecapades

Those are the most memorable ones, but there are a large amount of shipping moments throughout the entire series.

I do wonder how the shipping will be done in Sun and Moon. And seems like Lillie, Lana and Mallow will be main character. I guess that means war for a lot of people.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yes it happened, and Ash even leans in. Was pretty surprised by that. Serena apparently also says that Ash is her goal, so that adds even more to the moment.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Oh my goodness the kiss just makes her leaving even sadder. Dawn only got a high five. {XD}

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    So I just saw that whole kiss scene and well yeah, here's my thoughts overall and my thoughts overall on this whole shipping thing. I do not care for shipping and I usually don't care which character get's with who at the end, my problem is not the shipping itself but the shippers because some of the shippers just take things way too far and they act immature and mock other shippers and if the pairings they wanted to see doesn't happen then they go crazy, it's ok to be angry and even a bit upset but damn don't go overboard seriously at the end of the day these characters are all fictional's they do not exist. Not saying all shippers acts like this but I've seen those that do. Also try not to mock other shippers doing that just basically makes you completely immature, respect other people's opinions especially when it comes to this whole pairings.

Now as for the shipping in Pokemon I just personally find it weird, mainly because the characters are children and seeing people pair these kids with each other is just weird for me, but hey if you like to pair two kids with each other then alright. Although I can maybe understand pairing them with each other for maybe in the future when they get older.....lol Ash will never age.

Now this whole thing with Serena I like Serena's character have no problem with her character and she was very enjoyable to watch and her whole Pokemon Performances were also enjoyable to watch, now seeing that whole kiss scene, it was cute but that's basically it. Now whether she kissed Ash on the cheek or on the lips all I can say is just use your imagination, if you think she kissed him on the cheeks then she kissed him on the cheeks or if you think she kissed him on the lips then she kissed him on the lips, now as for Ash say what you want but to me it was pretty obvious that Ash felt nothing he's oblivious to love, his reaction was basically "huh I got kissed ok bye Serena." And honestly I think Ash is going to forget all about that kiss just like how he forgot about Pidgeot. Right now the only thing Ash cares for is Pokemon battles he could care less for romantic stuff heck he's 10 years old, he's not going to think about romance, or anything like that at that age. So yeah these are just my overall thoughts.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • The way they showed the kiss is a trope you guys...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KissingDiscretionShot

They can't show underage kids kissing on television... Japan is weird and sometimes inappropriate, but even they won't show something like that :D (If the two of them where 14 then maybe... since that is the common age of consent in most Prefectures but since their ten... well their never going to show it)

Oh my goodness the kiss just makes her leaving even sadder. Dawn only got a high five. {XD}

That was one radical high five tho :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    what if Pokemon could do what Naruto did with Naruto Shippuden, and then they'd have license to do more with Ash and the characters relationships and stuff. (Just an idea, you guys would probably have better knowledge than me of if it would ever happen but it would be cool)

Years
  • One of my Pokemon ships doesn't have a name??

Ya know how most ships have names? Like Misty x Ash is called Pokeshipping and Drew x May is called Contestshipping.
    I kinda ship Kenny x Iris ( yeah go ahead and laugh bro ) yes the Kenny from Sinnoh.
    And that ship has NO NAME yo I looked it up and there's no name for it...
    Am I allowed to just make one up myself then?
    If so, someone suggest a name for it?
    I need this.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Ya know how most ships have names? Like Misty x Ash is called Pokeshipping and Drew x May is called Contestshipping.
    I kinda ship Kenny x Iris ( yeah go ahead and laugh bro ) yes the Kenny from Sinnoh.
    And that ship has NO NAME yo I looked it up and there's no name for it...
    Am I allowed to just make one up myself then?
    If so, someone suggest a name for it?
    I need this.

Yeah if there's no existing ship name you can create one that fits it, if it gathers momentum and use it might be adopted by others and become the 'accepted' name for the ship. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    Amourshipping

Seriously Pokemon, i know this is late but it's only just touched my heart and i'm so ticked off about Serena leaving and the end of Amourshipping. I need Amourshipping to live and if it no longer exists than I have to say goodbye to Pokemon. ;_;. I can't believe you would do this just when i started to like the gang you ended it. I recently watched a goodbye to Amourshipping video and it made me cry you guys. It made my friend cry as well. I can't show my face here ever again because of what you have done.
    Goodbye Pokemon.

~Ex Pokemon Fan.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Ash's companions have all left the show at one point. There's rumors Serena returns sometime during Sun and Moon so she could come back. But really, it's just a cartoon. Life goes on.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • actually for ship names i think there is actually someone you can submit them to? thats how i got moltengold and fourthwheel to be named ;D but i dont know who runs it nowadays.

also im honestly really pleased at the conclusion of amour it was really solid~~ but im here for that sweet sweet zakuro/viola and carne/daigo mmmmmmMMM

anna shipping het ships?! must me a dream yall

Years
  • Hey, friendly reminder to please keep things respectful here. Everyone has their own opinions in regards to shipping in Pokémon and just because it's different from yours doesn't give you the right to claim someone is wrong or attack them. Thanks.

DarumaLuge

Pokemaniac
    Years
  • I like the idea of May and Steven together (based on the games). First of all, since the anime said May's Norman's daughter, I consider her the real main character of R/S/Emerald (this is my personal opinion, so no judgment xD). I feel like Steven is the Champion out of the whole series who interacts the most with the main character. So naturally, I feel like he and May get to know a lot about each other, since he's always there to help and interact. Also they are both kind of quirky people so they kinda go well together lol. Also, I don't think an eleven year age difference is that bad. He's only 25 in ORAS, so by the time May turns 21+, he'll only be 32.

I also think that Drew and May are a good pair in the anime, there is definitely a lot of chemistry going on there ^^

And third, this is an unpopular headcanon but I also like the idea of Cynthia x Steven. They're both caught up in research and are very similar personality-wise.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    100% Ash x Serena. 1000% Ash x Me. I think Ash and Serena are polar opposites which is why they would work. They both have different dreams, but support each others. And they share the same love for their friends and their Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back