• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Side games that are past due for a comeback

Days
    • Seen today
    Hey, are there any side games that you would like to see make a comeback on the Switch, like with New Pokemon Snap?

Like for me, I would like to see Pokemon Colosseum make a comeback, and be given a bit of an overhaul, to where the Switch could take it further than the GameCube ever could.

Another would be another Pokemon Stadium, one that you could connect to Pokemon Home, so you could use your own pokemon to compete with.

I wouldn't mind another game based on the TCG, like on the Game Boy, but since there is already an online game for it, oh well.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    A single player TCG game. Could have multiplayer, if you want. Wants a single player experience, not something bordering on a tutorial.

Would like to see a new Pokemon Pinball too. Hopefully contains a few more fields than the original games. Still liked them at the time.

Years
  • ^^^This. I was absolutely obsessed with the TCG game for GBC and really wish we could have gotten more. I'll take an officially localized version of TCG 2 at this point too, however late it may be.

Also.. Hey You Pikachu. The voice recognition was super poor in the game originally, but boy do I want to see one in the modern world with better functionality and detailed, New Snap-like environments. ❤️

Years
  • I hope they make a 3rd Orre region game, it's such a unique and underutilized setting; and the increased storage capacity of the Switch could allow for much more of it to be explored compared to the GC.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Colo/XD for sure. Needn't be a sequel to the... sequel per say, although I would love to see more of e.g. Wes and Miror B if possible. But the Shadow Pokemon concept in itself, alongside snagging, is a great one that could extend in a lot of directions outside of GO.

Days
  • Definitely another Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game. Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX was good, but it had some problems. For one, when I first saw it was coming out, I originally thought it would be an entirely new game, but it turned out to just be a remake of the original Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team Mystery Dungeon games. It had improved some of the features, but it still had a lot of the problems the original games had. The number of floors in many of the dungeons were ridiculously long, and your character's stomach would keep getting empty. Combine these and you get a very obnoxious recurring problem for much of the game (that's actually why I haven't got past the dungeon mission with Groudon yet, and probably never will). Also, and this could just be me, it seemed like there were a lot less Escape Orbs in DX then in the originals.

Personally, I thought the 3DS games Gates To Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon had solved a lot of this, although Gates To Infinity wouldn't let you recruit legendaries other than the two of the Sword Trio and Super Mystery Dungeon had making connections with other Pokémon rather than recruiting them. The dungeons didn't have 80+ floors, and Gates To Infinity for the majority didn't even have getting hungry as a feature. I just don't find it very fun to have to play through endless floors whilst repeatedly getting hungry and using up all my moves to eventually faint and lose most of my held items.

The three other DS games: Explorers Of Time, Explorers Of Darkness, and Explorers Of Sky were major too- it seemed easier to recruit Pokémon to your team (including legendaries!) and from what I remember you didn't have to buy all the habitats for recruited team members like you had to in the original games. I remember in Blue Rescue Team repeatedly having to go through the dungeon with Groudon, save at the rest place, and go on to fight Groudon hoping to recruit him- only for me to defeat him and nothing happen, and then I would have to exit the game and start again from the save point.

I really hope we get a GOOD new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game soon.

Back