• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Sierra's Miscellaneous Patches

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
You're using the old version of the font patch, which, sorry to tell you, breaks some stuff. If you can, please patch a clean ROM with the newer patch, which should have that issue fixed as well as the other ones I mentioned.

Nope, I used the newest patch just to make sure the problem was still there. That's a screenshot of a clean ROM with your latest patch.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Nope, I used the newest patch just to make sure the problem was still there. That's a screenshot of a clean ROM with your latest patch.
Oh wow, I'm so sorry. Apparently, despite having copied over the new MediaFire link and deleting the old one from the site, it actually still went to the old patch. Everyone please redownload the new patch, I fixed it now, sorry!

StratusWind

Stratus Wind
Years
Is there any patches that would allow me to skip the naming sequence entirely? I'm trying to create a hack in which you can choose two (or maybe three) protagonists and there's no need for a Rival character anyway.
And is there a way to have the protagonist's name automatically set based on the character (gender) you choose? Thanks in advance!

If there's already a thread on this, PLEASE link me!!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Is there any patches that would allow me to skip the naming sequence entirely? I'm trying to create a hack in which you can choose two (or maybe three) protagonists and there's no need for a Rival character anyway.
And is there a way to have the protagonist's name automatically set based on the character (gender) you choose? Thanks in advance!

Last place I saw talk about skipping the entire thing was in Research & Development's ASM Resource thread. There's a routine or two that'll be useful there.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years

@Projectwolfie Yea its there somewhere, but diego's intro editor can disable it for you. I would recommend using that.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

You can do just that with my tool, GBA Intro Manager.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
There's some minor bug with regards to your DPPt font for FR...

Some characters are not well-aligned...

Here are some screenshots:
cTpsyqF.png
j5P7d4Z.png

5gCMcP0.png
0U3BSeg.png

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 4, 2021
What would be easier, swapping the intro sprite of Red for Leaf so it forces her (I'm making games that follow the three Kanto kids and Leaf will have her own journey) or making my own patch for forcing a girl? The former apparently requires Photoshop, and I don't have that.

For now, in the Leaf version, the player has to choose her. I'll just swap Red's OW sprite for Leaf in case someone messes up. But then everyone will refer to her as a boy...

Back