• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    To avoid this problem happening again, I recommend we go back to the old rule where the required text must be clearly visible (another rule that wasn't truly enforced).

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    It's just a pain in the butt for those who actually did follow the rules. <_<
    And for those who don't and get disqualified. xP
    I think it's been twice now. xD

"lizardish onomatopoeia"? xD
    But yea I've seen tissue paper ads with that concept.
    Might want to also bold :

• The name of the theme or SoTW must be included somewhere on your entry. As long as you can justify it's there, visibility of the text is completely up to you

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Here we go again... give the guy some slack, it's not easy to run this thing.

Since so many people think it's a stupid rule, maybe .freak should make a poll and we'll vote on whether to keep the rule or not...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years

• The name of the theme or SoTW must be included somewhere on your entry. As long as you can justify it's there, visibility of the text is completely up to you

LOOPHOLES!

So basically, we can slap a huge SOTW over our entries and set the opacity to 0%? Yeah, we really need to do something about this rule before the next SOTW kicks off.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Here we go again... give the guy some slack, it's not easy to run this thing.

Since so many people think it's a stupid rule, maybe .freak should make a poll and we'll vote on whether to keep the rule or not...

o_o

If it's hard to run the SoTW, you guys are making this a whole lot harder than it needs to be. I dunno what you guys are doing, buuuuut, it wasn't exactly a challenge when I ran those SoTW's. (Just a pain since it's not my job.) Either way, you can't make a rule if you're not going to keep it consistent. Bottom line.

A poll would be a waste of space in all honesty. We can just say whether we want it or not in here, or even better, Motsuko can sort it out in a way that suits him best. It'd just be easier.

Gummy has a point there too. xD We could just take a screenshot of our .psd and show that SOTW is there, if we needed to justify it. [/shot]

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I didn't get a chance to submit my very best piece in time for changing the text to SOTW.

I strongly agree with the rule being taken off.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Wasn't the point of having SOTW, our usernames or the word of the theme in the entries to tell if people actually made a new banner, instead of just using an old one?

Then again.. People could just edit an old banner and insert the word in.. D:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    The point is, if you really want to enter the competition, you have to let your art suffer. But seriously, you have choice between: SOTW, the theme, and your username (and if this rule is still in effect, anything you're commonly known by, so Color Me Evil could get away from something like CME). If you can't deal with any of these, than you're just being complicated.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I thought the point of having SoTW or the theme name on it was to tell whether or not it was actually ours. <_<

Which is equally pointless, due to the fact that I'm sure most of us here could do a wonderful job of incorporating "SOTW" into some banner and making it look like it was there to begin with.

Either way, the fact that the rule even exists is being complicated. x_o Or pointless, actually, but hey, whatever. I've had enough debating for one day.

And no munna, why would it be directed to you? DD: You always vote very intelligent-ly, and a lot of your stuff is very aesthetically pleasing. :<

Well.

Your LP wasn't exactly aesthetically pleasing, but that's probably a matter of opinion. xDDDD If that's what floats your boat, y'know? [/shot!] (It was great pentooling though)

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I preferred the user name thing over sotw. That way you could showcase a non edited one to others. I mean sometimes you take words out it just looks empty. Well with me it does. xD
    Oh thanks then. =D
    People need to start watching Gintama instead of Bleach. :<
    Also •hung drawn and quartered, then fed to the pigs•
    I don't sail on that boat.
    Also I might host sotw the week when .freaks theme gets put up voting.
    Maybe even redo the archive as well.
    Be warned though, I am harsh with rule enforcement when it comes to graphics. xD

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Yeah, alright. You guys are right, as usual. Let's go over the rules then right now, shall we? Just speak up if there's one you want me to remove, and I'll do my best.

Rules:

• Limit: one entry per person.
    • Your entry must be relevant to the current theme. Myself, and other members of the graphics community will be the judge of how well your entry relates, if ever it's relevancy should come into question.
    • The name of the theme or SoTW must be included somewhere on your entry. As long as you can justify it's there, visibility of the text is completely up to you.
    • You may not edit your banners once you submit them. All entries are final.
    • You may not enter if you chose the theme.
    • All entries must be made during the SoTW time period. Previously made banners will be disqualified.
    I can will change the whole "SoTW" thing, but I need to know what you guys want, first. I'm listening now, so if there's anything more you want to say, go ahead.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Didn't we start off with having the username in the banner so you know it was the persons banner, but Loki did make a good point there. But who here would seriously go to that much trouble just so they could win :S? The point of SOTW was to try new things instead of everyone doing the same thing over and over, and to make it a fun aspect aswell. Why don't you just make the rule that the theme name or SOTW must be CLEARLY visible, which means no small font or opacity w/e?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    There should be like, a theme for Music or something. That would be interesting. And what sort of idea do you have Yoom-tah?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    That rule gets ignored though, I recall loki breaking that rule by updating her sig. xP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back