• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver's name

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
  • Jaja the first time i played i name him ??? because i want him to be annonimous, later he was Vann in honor to a very close friend who loves pokemon too. All the rivals in pokemon games have been sort of friends of my (Gary/Blue was Cesar, Silver/??? was Ivan or Vann, obviously May stay the same and Pearl, great name for a kid jaja, was Luis)

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • I knew there was a Silver version and because my charecter was called Gold (I named him that everytime XD), I always named him Silver but that was only after the first time I got the game, I wasn't concentrating and just put spaces in :P

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Well, no. I knew his name really wasn't ??? and for some reason, I didn't call him Silver (since I played the Gold version) so just named him "That Guy." It did add some humorous dialogue throughout the game though. xD

FOR EXAMPLE!:
    "That Guy wants to battle!"
    "That Guy sent out CYNDAQUIL!"

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Well, every time i've ever played a game where the rival can be named; and i happen to be playing an original version (since the fakes only allow 5 characters), i've named him BASTARD. Inspiration from my friend, who named his rival Sicko. Once i learned his real name though, i named him Silver.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Yeah...I kind of thought that he had no name or nobody knew his name...lol I just kept the name ???

The Red Chain

I hate to admit it, but yes, I thought his name was ??? when I was younger.
    Every time I restarted my GSC games I put ??? when the officer asked for his name. XD;
    I feel like such a dork now. :P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • lol the first year i called him that, then when i was a little older i called him GAG (i dunno why xD) Then after I read the pokemon special i finaly named him Silver

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • 1st time on my friend's Silver when he let me restart it , I named him ??? (whan was that ... 2000 I think .... I was 4 or 5 ) because I was sooooooooooooooo stupid .

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • You're definately not alone. I as well put ??? as his name.

I mean, he said his name was ??? and the investigator asked, so...

I figured out my mistake later.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • No, I guessed what the game was trying to do and called Silver 'Gary' because I liked him better than Ash in the anime XD But I can see how it would have been confusing >:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I called him "Peliroj", a short version of the Spanish for "Red-haired" XD

And now that I think of it, I think I have called many rivals like that in his honour XD

Back