• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • MEh, it really is seldom used...with all those other sets. It'll really scare the opponent, I recommend it, as it's my fav milotic set...if you're lucky enough to get feebas.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • This is a REALLY simple question. Out of sheer bordem, I started looking up random pokemon. I took notice on the base stats. To get to the point, is the average base stat 80? Anything above 80 is above average, anything > is below average. Am I right?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Actually, I believe that Lati@s have been looked over again, and due to their typing, ability, and move pool, they are uber with our without Soul Dew. Not 100% but close enough.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • OU - overused. These Pokemon are powerful because of high stats, type combination, move pool, ability or any combination. The majority of things you are likely to fight are considered OU, because they are, well, over-used.

UU - underused. These Pokemon aren't as great as OU, because of either lower stats, or are just outclassed by other Pokemon that can do the job better.

BL - borderline. These are better than underused, but not the best in their field.

NU - neverused. These are almost never used because they are either too slow to do anything, outclassed completely by even the UU, have horrid stats or a combination. Farfetch'd is an example of a never used.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Walls are high Def/SpDef designed to stop attackers. Blissey's an example of a special wall, since it can shut down almost all special attackers with it's godly SpDef/HP. Most of these have a status move and a healing move, and most of the time are there to either stall you out of PP or force you to switch.

Sweepers are generally high Speed Pokemon with either high SpAtt or high Att, designed to attack hard and fast, and pick off weakened Pokemon, or those with low Def/SpDef. Most of the time they are fast, but frail. Alakazam is a sweeper, since it has enough speed to befaster than most things, and hits hard with it's high SpAtt.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Stat ups increase by 50% each time

+1 stat = 150% of base
    +2 stat = 200% of base
    +3 stat = 250% of base
    +4 stat = 300% of base
    +5 stat = 350% of base
    +6 stat = 400% of base

Stat reductions go down in a different way:
    -1 stat = 66.6% of base
    -2 stat = 50% of base
    -3 stat = 40.3% of base
    -4 stat = 33.3% of base
    -5 stat = 28.6% of base
    -6 stat = 25% of base

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Ooh, so if I get growled, and I use howl, I'll still be worse off than when I started?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • No. Your stage returns to normal.

In this case, you're Intimidated, and then use Howl.
    Intimidate knocks Att down to 66.6%
    Howl adds 50% of your base Att.
    So, it adds 33.3% to your Att.
    You are back to 100% Att. As it should be.

The numbers seem weird (especially for stat reductions) but they do work.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Well, I just taught Gyro Ball to my Shuckle, since his extremely low speed (5 base speed- woohoo!) would be perfect for getting max damage from the attack. However, when I did some experimenting in the field, I noticed that Gyro Ball did very little damage. At first, I figured it was because wild enemies had very low speed. After getting almost no damage against a Skarmory, I decided that wasn't true. And then it hit me- perhaps the attack doesn't rely solely on the Speed stat? Maybe that 150 base damage is channeled through Shuckle's 10 base Attack? I could use a definite answer on this.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Years
  • Well, I just taught Gyro Ball to my Shuckle, since his extremely low speed (5 base speed- woohoo!) would be perfect for getting max damage from the attack. However, when I did some experimenting in the field, I noticed that Gyro Ball did very little damage. At first, I figured it was because wild enemies had very low speed. After getting almost no damage against a Skarmory, I decided that wasn't true. And then it hit me- perhaps the attack doesn't rely solely on the Speed stat? Maybe that 150 base damage is channeled through Shuckle's 10 base Attack? I could use a definite answer on this.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

There ya go, that's the gospel truth.

Jordan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back