• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is why your Wobbuffet should be Lv39. What that does is keep the regular Poke trash from popping up, but allows the Lv40 Lati@s to.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    ak.47_gunner said:
    Why use Max Repel?? Would'nt that keep Lati@s away also??? This is weird... let me know? Very confused by that...

If I recal correctly, it keeps the weaker pokemon away, still allowing access to Lati@s

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    ak.47_gunner said:
    Seen Latias for the first time... too bad I didn't have any pokemon with sleep powder... or something of that nature... I was walking around route 121... and all the sudden it popped up I was like omg!! I better catch this... but guess what! I didn't, It fled... I was so pissed... so now I'm walking around with Wobbufet as my 1st pokemon... so it can't escape from me...

And I also have a question... That way to catch Lati@s... that they have posted... using go to bike path, go into building.. use max repel... go to grass....

Why use Max Repel?? Would'nt that keep Lati@s away also??? This is weird... let me know? Very confused by that...

Ok, here's some thing to do, and it won't take more then 1 hour, catch 4 wobbufets and put them in your PC, then go to Mossdeep City, withdraw the 4 wobbufets, so your party should look like this: 4 wobbufets, 1 flying Pokemon, 1 surfing Pokemon. Now, surf south and you Should run in-to Lati@s, and because of Wobbufet's special abillity, Lati@s can't run.

Last edited:

ak.47_gunner

Suffer The Consequences
    Years
  • Okay...

Where can I catch some more wobbufet? and... also I have another question... where is the best Walkthrough found on the internet, one without pictures preferably... Thanks.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    ak.47_gunner said:
    Where can I catch some more wobbufet? and... also I have another question... where is the best Walkthrough found on the internet, one without pictures preferably... Thanks.
    You catch Wobbufet in the sarfai zone, and I don't know where the best one is.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I'd say gamefaqs.com, but I wouldn't know since I never need walkthroughs =/.

edit: And I'm not sure just surfing will work, as you have to switch routes/towns or fly to another town before Lati@s moves from one spot to the next, and you might not even be in that same spot. Coincidentally, I caught both Latios and Latias near the Safari Zone in ruby and Emerald, lol.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, you only need one Wobboffet and a handful of Full Restore/Max Potion.

Personally, I caught my Lati@s (both times) by using Crobat at the front of my party. First you use Confuse Ray, then Shadow Ball, then switch to Wobbuffet and start chucking UBs. Crobat at LV35 or higher will ALWAYS go first against Lati@s, confusing it, then you need a little bit of luck that either the aforementioned Legendary will hurt itself or use a non-evasive move until you can get Wobbuffet out. If Lati@s does escape, well, you can now track it, AND you can start off with Wobba next time. Good luck.

edit: as for a walkthrough, I cannot help you either. I created one for my sons to use, but it is pretty rough.

Last edited:

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • Does anyone know the exact requirements to get an Effort Ribbon for one of your Pokes? I'm getting a few, but I can't figure it out. XD

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
  • Where can i get a Metal Coat to evolve my Onix when i trade it? Maybe sometimes when an Onix is caught it comes already with a Metal Coat, some help please :laugh:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, a wild Onix will never be holding any items. That said, in RSE, wild Magnemite/Magneton have a 5% chance of holding a Metal Coat.

BTW - In FRLG, you can find a Metal Coat at the Memorial Pillar.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Charizard Master 2003 said:
    where can I get the special tickets to catch Lugia/Ho-oh Latias/Latios, and Mew?
    All those tickets are received from Nintendo Events:
    Mew only in Emerald
    Latias/Latios in RSE
    Lugia/Ho-oh in FRLG

You can still get Lugia and Ho-oh in Colosseum and XD, though

Years
  • ~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~ said:
    Okay, so my Beautifly's Smart Condition is already maxed, I have the Green Scarf, and I won the Master Rank Smart Contest. But the artist didn't come out. What happened?
    I believe you must get a certain number of points to get your poke's picture painted. Try the contest again, being sure to maximize the use of combos and such, doing whatever you can to raise your score; not just beat the other contestants.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    trjessie579 said:
    Also keep in mind that this is not the same Mystery Gift as G/S/C--you can NOT use it with other games, only with Wonderspots.

You're right about it being different to G/S/C (no Item trading, no Pikachu 2 compatability, etc), but you're wrong about not being able to use it with other games. (Check my attachments to see.)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
    I have somehow managed to loose/misplace my book for these games (I've been looking for weeks at this point.) and a I need the information on Natures, what stats they effect and how.
    Here is a list of all the Natures and what they affect:

Hardy: (no change)
    Bold: +DEF, -ATK
    Timid: +SPD, -ATK
    Lonely: +ATK, -DEF
    Docile: (no change)
    Hasty: +SPD, -DEF
    Brave: +ATK, -SPD
    Relaxed: +DEF, -SPD
    Serious: (no change)
    Adamant: +ATK, -SP.ATK
    Impish: +DEF, -SP.ATK
    Jolly: +SPD, -SP.ATK
    Naughty: +ATK, -SP.DEF
    Lax: +DEF, -SP.DEF
    Naive: +SPD, -SP.DEF
    Modest: +SP.ATK, -ATK
    Calm: +SP.DEF, -ATK
    Mild: +SP.ATK, -DEF
    Gentle: +SP.DEF, -DEF
    Quiet: +SP.ATK, -SPD
    Sassy: +SP.DEF, -SPD
    Bashful: (no change)
    Careful: +SP.DEF, -SP.ATK
    Rash: +SP.ATK, -SP.DEF
    Quirky: (no change)

Hope this helps you.

BTW - For the Natures that have a + and - after them, what that means is there is a 10% increase (+) in the first stat, and a 10% decrease (-) in the second stat. For example, an Adamant Nature would give a Poke a 10% increase in its Attack stat, and a 10% decrease in its Special Attack stat. This comes in handy because if you have a physical sweeper like Snorlax or Crobat (Pokes that should only use physical attacks instead of special attacks), and Adamant Nature would be very beneficial to them, giving them a 10% increase right off the bat.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back