• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    my friend needs help on Tate&Liza Emerald. (he doesnt have a computer so Im getting the answer for him). He currently has in his party:

lvl 41 Swampert
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Mud Shot (he never uses it)
    Strength (he rarely uses it)

lvl 34 Kadabra
    Psy Beam
    Future Sight (most used since kadabra usually dies in 1)
    Flash (never used)
    Shock Wave (for Xatu)

lvl 38 Hariyama
    Arm Thrust
    Vital Throw
    Bulk Up
    Strength

the rest of his pokemon are too weak. I would like some advice on how he can beat this gym with these pokemon or with some extra pokes.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    andrewv42 said:
    my friend needs help on Tate&Liza Emerald. (he doesnt have a computer so Im getting the answer for him). He currently has in his party:

lvl 41 Swampert
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Mud Shot (he never uses it)
    Strength (he rarely uses it)

lvl 34 Kadabra
    Psy Beam
    Future Sight (most used since kadabra usually dies in 1)
    Flash (never used)
    Shock Wave (for Xatu)

lvl 38 Hariyama
    Arm Thrust
    Vital Throw
    Bulk Up
    Strength

the rest of his pokemon are too weak. I would like some advice on how he can beat this gym with these pokemon or with some extra pokes.

Well, I'd save that swampert for Solrock and Lunatone...

I wouldn't recommend using Hariyama at all..because psychic attacks will wipe the floor with it..

I'd still consider using the weaker pokemon, when you need to heal the stronger ones..

Perhaps he should train his some more...that is if his losses are that bad.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    hes tried them 6 times now lol.

I know he shouldnt use the hariyama but he insists of it for some reason. He uses the swamperts ice beam for Xatu while Kadabras future sight makes sure Xatu dies afetr 2 Ice Beams. Then all he does is heal his swampert and surf away. The farthest he is gotten is defeating them is fainting Claydol,Xatu and Lunatone but Solrocks Solar-Beam and Psychic are 2 moves that own all his pokes.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    andrewv42 said:
    I know he shouldnt use the hariyama but he insists of it for some reason. He uses the swamperts ice beam for Xatu while Kadabras future sight makes sure Xatu dies afetr 2 Ice Beams. Then all he does is heal his swampert and surf away. The farthest he is gotten is defeating them is fainting Claydol,Xatu and Lunatone but Solrocks Solar-Beam and Psychic are 2 moves that own all his pokes.

What about trying Pokemon such as mightyena:t262: who can't be attacked by Psychic attacks and defeat the gym leaders by using dark moves i.e. crunch?? That's what I did on Emerald except with Flygon. :t330:

Neo Umbereon said:
    First: phyllos123
    1. A Super Rod.
    2. Few is less than uncommon or in other words, rare.
    3. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can see Mirage Island when you show the man a randomly choosen Pokemon. The Pokemon is different every day.
    Second: encyclopediajm
    I think that is a Light House like the one in Slateport
    Ummm.... about mirage island.. isn't it the Trainer ID No. instead of Pokemon that the man chooses everyday??

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    No its the pokemon number. You have to have the pokemons ID number in your party for mirage island to appear.

And thanks ill tell him to do mightyena and perhaps flygon.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    andrewv42 said:

Using Hariyama against L&T is VERY LOL!! Maybe if you make fun of him enough he will stop. Also, don't go with Mightyena. It isn't worth raising it. Instead, go with Cacturne or Shiftry. They are both Grass/Dark, so they resist most of anything that the two freaks can toss at you. Swampert and Shiftry is what I use to own them. First, you have Shiftry Fake Out the Claydol so it cannot EQ, and then have Swampert IB Xatu. From there, Surf + Shadow Ball/Brick Break takes out the rest of the team quite easily.

andrewv42 said:
    No its the pokemon number. You have to have the pokemons ID number in your party for mirage island to appear.

And thanks ill tell him to do mightyena and perhaps flygon.
    That is correct. Don't forget that the correct ID number must be in your team, not just in your PC, as is the case with the Lilycove Lottery. You have to parade EVERY Poke you have on the game in front of this guy, every single day, if you want any snowball's chance to getting to Mirage Island. After a few weeks of doing this, I gave up. I already have Wynaught and I can live without the berry. Oh and again, just say NO to Mightyena.

Twiin

Wandering Nomad
    Years
    Focus Punch. I taught the TM to my Heracross (in Emerald) but now I realise that the combination of Spore and Focus Punch with Breloom would be completely awesome. Any way to get another TM? I can't breed for it... since Shroomish has no arms to punch with!

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    yes, focus punch could be awsome if teached to grass/fight like breloom, but perhaps you can't get another TM 01 in a same game.... (but i'm not sure about it). because In my pokemon Ruby, i always save TM completely (1-50) and i never used it until i've get another from my emerald/LG.

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    ~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~

go to lilycove city, go south/east, you will find this couple that say stuff about how they got married and stuff, well if you go east from them you will find a little pole type object will a yellow or golden ball..what is the porpose of this weird and unusaul object? is it like what sudowoodo was, a normal object untill you do some action and then it turns into to a pokemon? or is it a just supposed to be a lighthouse (b/c it really doesnt look like one)? PLEEZ ANSWER THIS.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    go to lilycove city, go south/east, you will find this couple that say stuff about how they got married and stuff, well if you go east from them you will find a little pole type object will a yellow or golden ball..what is the porpose of this weird and unusaul object? is it like what sudowoodo was, a normal object untill you do some action and then it turns into to a pokemon? or is it a just supposed to be a lighthouse (b/c it really doesnt look like one)? PLEEZ ANSWER THIS.
    The yellow orb is purely decorative and doesn't hide any secret whatsoever.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks with your help he has gotten up to the E4.

He told me hes been stuck on em for about 2-3 days now. He blames himself for ignoring alot of wild pokemon battles, since his pokemon are all below 55...

Hes rising a bagon in hopes of making the salamence be his saviour. I think thats a good idea since salamence helped me win the E4 on Ruby. What do you think? Should he also include any other pokes? he has:

Swampert for all leaders
    Hariyama for leaders 1,3,5
    Mightyena for leader 2
    raichu for leaders 3,5
    shiftry that keeps on getting pwned lol....

the last is bagon with an EXP. share.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Again, your friend has a couple bad Poke choices. Mightyena and Raichu shouldn't be on his team, let alone used against the E4. Both of those should only be used by skilled trainers that (a) like a challenge, and (b) know enough about movesets that they will still be effective. From what you are saying, your friend doesn't fall into either category.

All you need to defeat the Weak 4, is Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and Earthquake. Brick Break, Flamethrower, and Aerial Ace are helpful, but not required. Hariyama takes down Syd rather easily. Shiftry owns Phoebe. Gardevoir with Thunderbolt destroys Glacia. Swampert with Ice Beam handles Drake. For the second weakest Champion ever (Steven in RS is the weakest), a Swampert/Gardevoir combo takes about 32 seconds to end the battle and become victorious.

So, as you can see, it only took four Pokes (I only use 3, using Swampert against Phoebe) to sufficiently stomp out five so-called "Elite" trainers that are supposed to be the best in the region. I know, I know, the game is made so a six-year old can win. Still, my own six-year old handles the game rather easily, now that he has a better understanding of how to play the game the right way.

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    i need some help. Anyone have some advice on catching a Surskit? I've been looking for a few days and haven't found one yet. =/

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    If you are searching in Emerald, you won't find one until you have beaten the E4 and on the TV it says that there is an outbreak of Surskit. If you are referring to Ruby/Sapphire, they are rare so it will take patience to find them. They can be found on Routes 102, 111, 114, 117, and 120.

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    Yeah, I know the route (R/S), but It's the encounter I'm having the trouble iwth. I'll just keep looking, then.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks shane he has all of those moves actually, but the shadow ball is with his shedinja. He seems to like to use iron tail against glalie, which is super effective. Thunderbolt 1-hit-KO`s glacias sealeos, but walrein owns raichu at the end.

Anyways hes starting to train up his pokemon, but he has no good place to train. The trainers that want a rematch are too weak. The pokemon on victory road always use roar/whirlwind. His pokemon on E4 keep fainting = loosing trust.

I dont think my friend has a very bright future lol ^.^

roadkill ralph

aaaahh!!! Poke-freaks!
    Years
    Hopefully he has lots of patience, because the best way is probably fighting all the rematches until they're at least all lv 45. Also keep rematching the gym leaders.

Also use sweet pokeblocks for trust.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    phyllos123 said:
    im playing the emerald ver. from my emulator
    1.whats the best rod to use when fishing for carsola?
    2. what do you mean by few in case of the numbers of pokemon, is it the same as uncommon?
    3. what is the best way to make the mirage island to appear i always visit the old man but it kept saying he cant see it?

pls help me:embarrass

thank you for answering my questions:)

ok another set of questions

1. whats the purpose of the scanner that i got for the ship?
    2. how will i know that a day had already passed in pokemon emerald?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    phyllos123 said:
    thank you for answering my questions:)

ok another set of questions

1. whats the purpose of the scanner that i got for the ship?
    2. how will i know that a day had already passed in pokemon emerald?

1. You trade it with Captain Stern for a Deepseatooth or Deepseascale in Slateport City as shown below.
    Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

2. If you are playin on gameboy then it is like a normal day depending on the time you set at the beginning of the game. But if you are on say an emulator then you have to change it to Real Time Clock to get it to work and it will also pass like a normal day similar to the actual gameboy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back