• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, Mudkip is the best. It has the best typing of all the starters, has only one weakness, learns a great move to cover that one weakness, has the best movepool, and learns all of its best moves long before the E4. It can also be a tank, a physical sweeper, and a mixed sweeper. Competitively, Swampert is also the only starter that you have to make sure you have a counter for.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks. Would you mind telling me what that move to cover that weakness is? Swamperts/Mudkips/marshtomps weakness is grass and the move that it can learn is ice beam, which counters grass, but ice beam is a TM not a naturally learned move. Unless you were thinking of TM`s lol.

Swampert is a great physical sweeper but IMO that brick breack would be better used for a fight type, like breloom or hariyama.

My emerald file was "erased due to corruption or damage" and I dont know why, which is why I needed this starter help :)

So now that i`ve chosen mudkip.....Any tips on how to train it?

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Ok, I heard form some Spanish site that there is a way to unlcok the ability to choose a johto starter without cheating. Is there such a way in the english game and if so what is it?!?!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Thanks. Would you mind telling me what that move to cover that weakness is? Swamperts/Mudkips/marshtomps weakness is grass and the move that it can learn is ice beam, which counters grass, but ice beam is a TM not a naturally learned move. Unless you were thinking of TM`s lol.

I never said anything about only naturally learned moves. Blaziken and Sceptile's best moveset both include Move Tutor moves only accessible at the Battle Frontier, a place you can only get to after you beat the E4. Swampert gets Surf, Ice Beam, and Earthquake long before then. I am not encouraging trainers to waste their EQ on Swampert, but stating the fact that it can learn it before then.

Swampert is a great physical sweeper but IMO that brick breack would be better used for a fight type, like breloom or hariyama.

NEVER use Brick Break on a Ground Poke. A STAB EQ does more damage than a SE BB. The physical sweeper is Curse/EQ/RS/Rest.

My emerald file was "erased due to corruption or damage" and I dont know why, which is why I needed this starter help :)

So now that i`ve chosen mudkip.....Any tips on how to train it?
    That solely depends on how you are going to use your Mudkip.

Ok, I heard form some Spanish site that there is a way to unlcok the ability to choose a johto starter without cheating. Is there such a way in the english game and if so what is it?!?!
    Yes, Prof. Birch will give you a Johto starter (only in Emerald) after you have completed the Hoenn Pokedex. Remember that Jirachi and Deoxys do not count in the Pokedex.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • lolol

oh yeah, and Alter Ego, I dont think the sea incense has to be on a male Marill. I put it on my female and got an Azurill. I believe the incense goes on the Marill of the gender you want.

chrisatsilph

Nothing
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    how to clone without cheats!

I have cloned my Rayquaza,Kyogre,Groudon and the three Regi's.. heres how it goes....

1. Save in front of th pc in the BATTLE TOWER. (you really dont need to but for safety)
    2. Deposit the pokemon you want to clone in an EMPTY box.
    3.Leave the pc and save.
    4.Go to the pc one more time and get the pokemon you want to clone,the one in the EMPTY box.
    5.Talk to the lady nearest to the pc.
    6.Select yes and choose any two pokemon.
    7.When she says "the game must be saved, is this acceptable?" select YES.But, when the game asks"do you want to save the game?" Turn OFF the game then on it, check back the pc in the empty box.The pokemon that you wanted to clone should be there.

You can also use this to clone items!!!

HAPPY CLONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this info came from jirachi1 or somethin

Last edited:

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
  • just saying the are there.xd i have quetion,where you can get rosealia no incluying saphire version?

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • you people only answered part of my question though (i'm glad that you did answer that part though). how do i catch chimecho in emerald, i looked alover mt.pyre, the whole thing, people keep telling me to have patients, well i have and i'm getting tired of it. do any of you have tips on finding and catching them? and oh yeah is there only one bagon and one chimecho, because thats what i have heard?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007

I have cloned my Rayquaza,Kyogre,Groudon and the three Regi's.. heres how it goes....

1. Save in front of th pc in the BATTLE TOWER. (you really dont need to but for safety)
    2. Deposit the pokemon you want to clone in an EMPTY box.
    3.Leave the pc and save.
    4.Go to the pc one more time and get the pokemon you want to clone,the one in the EMPTY box.
    5.Talk to the lady nearest to the pc.
    6.Select yes and choose any two pokemon.
    7.When she says "the game must be saved, is this acceptable?" select YES.But, when the game asks"do you want to save the game?" Turn OFF the game then on it, check back the pc in the empty box.The pokemon that you wanted to clone should be there.

You can also use this to clone items!!!

HAPPY CLONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this info came from jirachi1 or somethin

DONT CLONE MASTER BALLS BECAUSE THEN THE GAME WILL THINK YOU ARE USING GAMESHARK AND IT ERASES THE FILE!!!

i read this on serebii

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    LOL Cloning is still cheating, brilliance.

just saying the are there.xd i have quetion,where you can get rosealia no incluying saphire version?
    Roselia can only be found on Route 117 in Ruby and Sapphire.

you people only answered part of my question though (i'm glad that you did answer that part though). how do i catch chimecho in emerald, i looked alover mt.pyre, the whole thing, people keep telling me to have patients, well i have and i'm getting tired of it. do any of you have tips on finding and catching them? and oh yeah is there only one bagon and one chimecho, because thats what i have heard?
    Here is a tip. Whenever you have to include "that's what I have heard" on a question, 95% of the time, whatever you heard was wrong. As is the case here. There is NOT only one Chimecho or Bagon or any other rare Pokemon that requires patience to find. There is no trick to finding Chimecho unless that trick is patience. Keep in mind though that it can only be found on the Summit, meaning if you are inside, you cannot find it. You will only find it when you head left, out of the cave, and up the side. Once the weather gets foggy, find a grass patch and exercise patience.

SUPERKALEL

SUPERHERO
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Ribbons and Berries

Hello all, I hope I am in the right forum now, my question is how many ribbons can one pokemon win/earn? I have a tyranitar with 24, but there are alot of empty spaces left, i won all the contests,beat the eliete 4 maxed out on protiens etc, what esle can he earn also is there any way to get berries #43,44,45, etc without a e reader ? thanks

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The berries in question are unobtainable in-game. The only ribbon I care about the Effort ribbon, so hopefully someone else might be more helpful in that regard.

SUPERKALEL

SUPERHERO
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Am Looking For An E Reader

Am Looking For A Used E Reader With Pokemon E Cards, Anyone Know Besides E Bay Where To Get One ?

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
  • LOL Cloning is still cheating, brilliance.

Roselia can only be found on Route 117 in Ruby and Sapphire.

Here is a tip. Whenever you have to include "that's what I have heard" on a question, 95% of the time, whatever you heard was wrong. As is the case here. There is NOT only one Chimecho or Bagon or any other rare Pokemon that requires patience to find. There is no trick to finding Chimecho unless that trick is patience. Keep in mind though that it can only be found on the Summit, meaning if you are inside, you cannot find it. You will only find it when you head left, out of the cave, and up the side. Once the weather gets foggy, find a grass patch and exercise patience.

really in the giude says that rosealia exclusive of saphire only.well looks like i have to buy me a saphire version for that roselia.<_>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back