• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
  • Does anyone know a good tut on changing the fireRed logo itself(have charizard and background under control)? Recently lost a few things in my hack including the logo, and cant find a logo tutorial anywhere...

Thanks in advance,

PokéMew151

The best way is to learn how to use the logger in VBA-M. You can find any compressed graphics using it. Go tools-> Logger, check the box for SWI, then click start. Then, allow the game to load all of the images you want. Then, open the logger again and save the log. Search through it for SWI 0x12 and/or LZDecompress (It may have either name depending upon your settings). A basic line will have swi 0x12 0x8XXXXXX and then some other numbers. The only number we care about is the first one, which is the graphics offset. Go to this offset in GBA Graphics editor or NSE 2.X and check it out. If it isn't the image you are looking for (it may also be a raw or palette) keep trying offsets. Normally, tiles are decompressed, and then on the following line, the raw is decompressed, but I would test raws with the tiles in NTME before saying it is one.

Actually, YAPE is perfectly capable of handling additional types if you tweak the .INIs properly. You'll want to add the new type to data/en-us/commonvals.ini (should be pretty obvious where), and you'll want to change MaxTypeVal in data/common/romdata.ini.

Ah yes, my apologies. I forgot about that set up.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Ok I've got one more question... For now...
    So I have followed about 4 or 5 different tutorials on changing the charizard sprite in the intro, and always get the same result: Instead of the fireballs in the background, I get a randomly plain colored background and my areodactyl sprite is all glitched up with a little box around it. I know it is supposed to be glitched up before editing the palette, but it is the same after too. Any ideas?
    Help is very much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    How would I go about setting Hidden Power BP to say 60 or 70 and not have the power influenced by the pokemon's IVs?

Using Emerald.

karatekid552

Years
  • Ok I've got one more question... For now...
    So I have followed about 4 or 5 different tutorials on changing the charizard sprite in the intro, and always get the same result: Instead of the fireballs in the background, I get a randomly plain colored background and my areodactyl sprite is all glitched up with a little box around it. I know it is supposed to be glitched up before editing the palette, but it is the same after too. Any ideas?
    Help is very much appreciated.

One of the tutorials has you fill the images with the fireballs. That may be your issue there. For your sprite, the colors may be in the wrong order. Transparent always comes first.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    For the DNS warp arrow glitch, I was able to trace back to a table that appears to be used by the warps' function to call the right arrow graphic. I changed a few of the pointers and checked, and the warps would call up other graphics from those pointers. I have no clue how to find the function that calls the table, though. I'm still not too experienced with asm and hex. How would I find the function for these warps? I'd imagine I'd have to search for the pointer to the start of the table, but I can't tell where the table starts.

I'm really trying to figure this out on my own, but I keep getting stuck.

I searched for the pointer to the right-facing arrow. That one is at 374770 on English Ruby. There are pointers around it to other arrows, and the earliest one I see is at 374740 and would be the white up-facing arrow. Would this be the start of the table?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    i want to ask, how to change trainer/gym leader moveset with new moves? i mean the expanded moves, because a-trainer stops in psycho boost.

one more question, is there any way to change trainer's Balls? like, giovanni's pokemon come out of ultra balls instead of regular pokeball. thank you. sorry for my bad english.

Years
  • Is it possible to make it to where when you step on a certain tile a pokemon of your choice/level will appear?

karatekid552

Years
  • i want to ask, how to change trainer/gym leader moveset with new moves? i mean the expanded moves, because a-trainer stops in psycho boost.

one more question, is there any way to change trainer's Balls? like, giovanni's pokemon come out of ultra balls instead of regular pokeball. thank you. sorry for my bad english.

Jambo51's trainer editor is the place to go for a trainer editor with an ini you know.:P (I tried so hard to make that rhyme and it sounds terrible. Haha)

Well, there must be a byte in Trainer Data that controls this. Hmmmmm

How would I go about setting Hidden Power BP to say 60 or 70 and not have the power influenced by the pokemon's IVs?

Using Emerald.
    I would use A-Tack or PGE to change the BP. IVs actually control the Attack stat of the Pokemon, which gets fed into the damage calculator for an attack. You would have to use custom ASM in there to change it.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Is there any info on changing Pokes' moves learned through breeding/chain-breeding? Some Pokes can learn moves not in their moveset through breeding, but I can't seem to find the data for it.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • They are called egg moves and there is an editor for it around here somewhere.

Right, egg moves. Blanked on that. Anyways I'm working with an extended/repointed move table and the tool doesn't have support for either.

EDIT: I used the tool though to see Bulbasaur's egg moves, then searched for the hex in the rom. In BPEE, the table starts at 0x32ADD8 and is 0x8E6 bytes long if anyone else is interested.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Jambo51's trainer editor is the place to go for a trainer editor with an ini you know.:P (I tried so hard to make that rhyme and it sounds terrible. Haha)

Well, there must be a byte in Trainer Data that controls this. Hmmmmm

&

DoesntKnowHowToPlay made a trainer EV hack that allows you to change the ball the opponent uses and many other things HERE(click it)

I got through it fine (eventually :P) with some help, so should be easy enough to insert.

I would use A-Tack or PGE to change the BP. IVs actually control the Attack stat of the Pokemon, which gets fed into the damage calculator for an attack. You would have to use custom ASM in there to change it.

Oh whoops..

I mean that so the IVs don't change the base power of hidden power, not so they effect the attack stat of the pokemon ><

I'll try changing the power of it to see if it works then.

karatekid552

Years
  • Oh whoops..

I mean that so the IVs don't change the base power of hidden power, not so they effect the attack stat of the pokemon ><

I'll try changing the power of it to see if it works then.

My bad on this, I misunderstood how Hidden Power works. You will need to use ASM and/or Jambo51's BSP to edit the battle script for Hidden Power's move effect.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    My bad on this, I misunderstood how Hidden Power works. You will need to use ASM and/or Jambo51's BSP to edit the battle script for Hidden Power's move effect.

Ah damn. Well I need to put together an ini for the BSP to work for Emerald then..

Thanks anyway.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'm trying to insert custom animations and while I'm probably doing something rather simple wrong, I can't work out what it is. :\

Here's what I've got so far: link.

So I changed the pointer to the moves animation, and included the hex for Fire Fang as an example (from the Move Animation Resources thread in R&D.) No matter what it always appears as Tackle. :\

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Just a quickie, trawled through the last 10 or so pages and can't find anything about it, but here goes.

Is there a way I can 'as a novice hacker' change the perks of the badges you receive and the order in which you have to obtain them? The goal is on Ruby to have the First badge allow access to Rock Smash, and to have The Dewford gym instead of 2nd be 4th or 5th. Thanks!

(This being my first post is kinda embarrassing, I'dve signed up earlier if I felt I had anything to input, but I've just been lurking and quietly working with my hack :3)

karatekid552

Years
  • Just a quickie, trawled through the last 10 or so pages and can't find anything about it, but here goes.

Is there a way I can 'as a novice hacker' change the perks of the badges you receive and the order in which you have to obtain them? The goal is on Ruby to have the First badge allow access to Rock Smash, and to have The Dewford gym instead of 2nd be 4th or 5th. Thanks!

(This being my first post is kinda embarrassing, I'dve signed up earlier if I felt I had anything to input, but I've just been lurking and quietly working with my hack :3)

Novice hackers will have a lot of trouble with this, just warning you.

Each badge has a flag associated with it. Whenever the ASM routines for certain things are called (like the stat boots) then that flag is checked. You see, it isn't the badge itself, it is the flag, so if you can swap flags, you're good. This means finding the routine that loads the badges to the trainer card and swapping the flags out, then changing the script that give you the badges.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • One of the tutorials has you fill the images with the fireballs. That may be your issue there. For your sprite, the colors may be in the wrong order. Transparent always comes first.

Sorry for late reply, but the only 2 images i edited in unlz was the charizard on image 2011, and the raw i replaced right after it. And on the palette, I got the error message, clicked control print screen, and typed in the pal variables in the right order. I honestly dont know what im doing wrong, as I have edited charizard many, many times before this issue...

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Novice hackers will have a lot of trouble with this, just warning you.

Each badge has a flag associated with it. Whenever the ASM routines for certain things are called (like the stat boots) then that flag is checked. You see, it isn't the badge itself, it is the flag, so if you can swap flags, you're good. This means finding the routine that loads the badges to the trainer card and swapping the flags out, then changing the script that give you the badges.

Hmmm, okay. I understand ASM isn't the easiest thing to do so I'm not gonna even ask how to do what you said haha, but is there potentially a way to go the other way about it, i.e changing the requirements to be able to use Rock smash using normal scripting?

The hack I'm working on isn't so much a hack, but more a re-imagining of Hoenn with added pokemon, rejigged pretty much everything and some major map changes. I really wanted to convert the route to Dewford into a land-based route, and forget Mr Briney altogether! haha.

If worst comes to worst is the badges thing something I could outsource to someone who knows what they're doing?

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate you taking the time with such an inexperienced hacker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back