• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • I found warps to replace the up and down arrow warps, but not the left and right warps. Is there any way to replicate those with a script, perhaps?

It's asm that adds images to the screen and such. You'd have to asm it in.

Kyoko1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    @below
    he doesnt need the arrows, he just wants the effect if you press left or right that you warp.^^

ah ok sorry, I misunderstood you :D

Well its for sure possible with a script-field, but i'd recommend you either to remove the DAN or
    make normal warps (Behaviour-Byte #61)

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • @below
    he doesnt need the arrows, he just wants the effect if you press left or right that you warp.^^

Well its for sure possible with a script-field, but i'd recommend you either to remove the DAN or
    make normal warps (Behaviour-Byte #61)

I mean hack it to not display the images

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • So looking at the continue screen in Emerald (and FireRed too), the [Continue] option only shows up once a game has been started and saved. If there's no readable save or a corrupted one, only the [New Game] option appears. What controls this? Is it just a flag that gets set the first time a game is saved, or is it something more complex than that?

Posing my last question again, does anyone know exactly what dictates whether or not the [Continue] option appears on the continue screen? Alternatively, would it be possible to forcibly delete/reset a game's progress? I'm looking in to potential ways for a given trigger to force a restart from the beginning.

And adding a second question as well, does anyone know if there are any unused/safe flags in Emerald? I saw in this post that FR seems to have a block of safe flags from 200-2FF, but couldn't find anywhere if Emerald has something similar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    I am implementing a setmaptile function as a level script, now the issue is that the level script only runs when the map is reloaded, the setmaptile changes tiles based on time, so I really need it to run more often on the chance that a player spends and extented amount of time on a map. Is this a possiblity?

Thanks, V-FEXrt

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    What's the best tool to edit footprints? Also in Advanced map I cant find where the wild data is stored per map? Does any one know?

With the DN glitch. LC fixed that glitch but I don't know how he did it. In the thread someone fixes the warp glitch but not the arrow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    I need help with this and unless ive overlooked a response tht its been on for 4 or 5 pages .-. is there anyone that can help me with the mechanics of a Bank system simple function withdrawl andd deposit no interest. and if when you get to a certain amount youll get a prize(s)

and this below..

"just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?
    This is controlled by some bytes which I cannot remember the location of"

Does anyone know about the map question?

anyone :O? need help here lol

and on a previous page i talked to someone about this post i made:

"I saw a hack that had a feature i like to have, they had shadow pokes, and when it appeared there was a text box to say
    "OH!
    It's a Shadow Pokemon"

Id like to use this for my nightmare pokes"

And she said to use A-text to edit what it says when i a wild pokemon, appears, and we didnt get that much further into it, here are my questions abotu it.

1. How would i go about doing this?
    2. Would this effect all and only shiny pokemon throughout the game?
    3. If what she mentioned is not what im looking for how would i go about doing this??

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    anyone :O? need help here lol

and on a previous page i talked to someone about this post i made:

"I saw a hack that had a feature i like to have, they had shadow pokes, and when it appeared there was a text box to say
    "OH!
    It's a Shadow Pokemon"

Id like to use this for my nightmare pokes"

And she said to use A-text to edit what it says when i a wild pokemon, appears, and we didnt get that much further into it, here are my questions abotu it.

1. How would i go about doing this?
    2. Would this effect all and only shiny pokemon throughout the game?
    3. If what she mentioned is not what im looking for how would i go about doing this??

Alrighty, as far as I know, a bank is really sorta easy if you know ASM and you have a few things installed in your game. 1 - JPANS save block, KK552 did a patch in resources so get it. 2 - A Day/Night system or anythign with an RTC.

Then use ASM to store your money into the freed RAM. Also store the date as well.

When you want to withdraw it just call it, use some math to determine the time in the bank, and then use the interest formula... (I have no idea if ASM does exponential) or your own money calculation. then yes you can do this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    With the DN glitch. LC fixed that glitch but I don't know how he did it. In the thread someone fixes the warp glitch but not the arrow.

I'm looking through that thread (by LC, you meant Liquid Crystal, right?) trying to find mention of this glitch. If you know where the post is, could you post a link? I don't want to have to sift through 100+ pages if I can help it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Alrighty, as far as I know, a bank is really sorta easy if you know ASM and you have a few things installed in your game. 1 - JPANS save block, KK552 did a patch in resources so get it. 2 - A Day/Night system or anythign with an RTC.

Then use ASM to store your money into the freed RAM. Also store the date as well.

When you want to withdraw it just call it, use some math to determine the time in the bank, and then use the interest formula... (I have no idea if ASM does exponential) or your own money calculation. then yes you can do this.

is there a guide to do this anyhere? and locatinos you know of to get the necessary files

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Alrighty, as far as I know, a bank is really sorta easy if you know ASM and you have a few things installed in your game. 1 - JPANS save block, KK552 did a patch in resources so get it. 2 - A Day/Night system or anythign with an RTC.

Just use 2 vars like we've been telling you for the last 3 pages

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Just use 2 vars like we've been telling you for the last 3 pages

i havent noticed and i am not coding currently nor will i be for awhile so im trying to get guides or save posts for the future thats why im asking for either guides and/or full explanations .-.

Edit: i went back 3 pages like you said didnt see any moreinfo that i was asking for except these two:

Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
    I need help with this and unless ive overlooked a response tht its been on for 4 or 5 pages .-. is there anyone that can help me with the mechanics of a Bank system simple function withdrawl andd deposit no interest. and if when you get to a certain amount youll get a prize(s)
    Learn to script. You can do this with like two variables, the paymoney, showmoney, updatemoney, givemoney, subvar, addvar and buffernumber commands fairly easily. No-one is going to do it for you.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
    "just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?
    This is controlled by some bytes which I cannot remember the location of"

Does anyone know about the map question?
    There is a byte somewhere that controls the Map ID that is the final one to show up in Kanto, and every ID over that is then listed for different maps. I can't remember what exactly, try searching.

^still could use more info than that if anyone has it please.

.-.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey! I want to make a ASM routine for show a 240*160 (full Screen) picture whenever I want by just calling it...

It is just that simple that putting my TileMap at 0x06000000? Can someone tell me from where should I start? I work in FireRed as well Emerald

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I know I'm asking a lot of questions lately. Sorry -_-. At least I'm not asking the same question over and over.

I followed this tutorial: https://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?p=123176 for changing the battle backgrounds. However, it was written for Firered, not Ruby, and there are 3 colors in the battle palette that I can't modify. I found the palette and am editing it by hex, so I've already done some work here.

Spoiler:

Is it possible to change those 3 colors, or am I stuck with 12 colors per battle bg in Ruby?

Or could I import a palette into free space and repoint the palette in the table (which I've also found), or would that glitch up because it's not in the right format?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

I was just wondering how to get rid of this :/ there seems to be a glitch with the start button

Also, is there a way to control the amount of exp given after a battle?

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

I was just wondering how to get rid of this :/ there seems to be a glitch with the start button

Also, is there a way to control the amount of exp given after a battle?

For the start button thing you overrode some data that was used for the menu with something else you inserted (a script or something?). I'm not sure where the location is, but if you just started out it would be easy to backtrack what you inserted and fix it.

--------------------------------

Are there any tutorials out there that replace the Oak introduction sprites without using Photoshop? I don't want to install a program I'll only use once, so it'd be nice if there was an alternate method out there.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Are there any tutorials out there that replace the Oak introduction sprites without using Photoshop? I don't want to install a program I'll only use once, so it'd be nice if there was an alternate method out there.

Use GIMP. It is basically free Photoshop. It looks scary at first because it is different, but I actually like it better (being a Linux user, I can't use Photoshop anyway.:P). Anyways, I was able to edit the sprites, but even with all of my experience, it took a lot of trial and error.

What makes it so hard is that they are 32 color sprites. There are only 16 color and 256 color palettes. So, you have to use a 256 color palette, but only use 32 of them. The rest are black.

For oak, he uses the first two palette slots, so he is easy. Just use the the first 32 colors of his palette, with the first being the transparent color.

The rest are trickier. The hero uses the 5th & 6th row of a 16x16 (256) color palette. The transparent color is the same as oak's, so the first color on the 5th row should be left blank on not used.

The rival is the same but uses the 7th & 8th rows.

Because this is super confusing, take a look at my images I was using:
    Hero:
    Spoiler:

Rival (Not rival in my hack, but same concept):
    Spoiler:

As you can see, you really need to play with the palettes to get them in the right slots.

Good luck!

BTW, I do all my image editing in GIMP. I hate paint with a passion.:P So yeah, it is a very good program to have.

I know I'm asking a lot of questions lately. Sorry -_-. At least I'm not asking the same question over and over.

I followed this tutorial: https://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?p=123176 for changing the battle backgrounds. However, it was written for Firered, not Ruby, and there are 3 colors in the battle palette that I can't modify. I found the palette and am editing it by hex, so I've already done some work here.

Spoiler:

Is it possible to change those 3 colors, or am I stuck with 12 colors per battle bg in Ruby?

Or could I import a palette into free space and repoint the palette in the table (which I've also found), or would that glitch up because it's not in the right format?

Seeing as I helped write that tutorial.:P Ummm, have you tried just opening the palette up in APE? They may not have used the super awkward structure (an almost half compression) that was used in FR.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back