• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
Years
  • damn dude, no need to post your search results.

what seach engine are you even using? this is literally the first result

youtube.com/watch?v=5bCg8pJ12hk

I must have watched that five times.
    I should clarify: Is there, in english, a tutorial?
    Also, sorry about the massive search result posting.
    ...You see the "blogs, search, more" thing here? I used the search thing. I'm looking for a thread, specifically titled "shinyzer tutorial", or with that in the title at least, and something that's in english. I followed the video tutorial up to making the scripts. So, I finally figured out he was using XSE (thanks so much, guy on youtube, for not stating that), and I prepared the scripts, but...I don't know what offset to save them to now. and not this 0x stuff, I mean a proper offset that advancemap recognizes when I enter it as something to load when you step on it, like this boulderbadge checker script: 0017050D.
    I'm a complete newbie to this. I need this laid out in a way that someone who doesn't do this stuff constantly could understand.

I didn't think we could say google and youtube but I meant them. Sorry!
    Oh that's alright, that makes sense now. Thanks though for trying to help.
    Yes, google and youtube are acceptable words, last thing I knew. Unless you work for bing.

J-

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread before...

Okay, so I searched for this and couldn't find help. I need to know why this is happening:

I'm reworking the text on my hack using Advance Text and when I do, it will sometimes affect the texts of others. I mean this as in when I make one person say something it may change the text of what another person is saying.

Can someone help me fix it?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I looked and couldn't find what you are referring to.
    R/B Scripting Guidelines by Sawakita

Code:
    ld a, [$D747]
    bit 0, a
    ret nz                ;Exit if OAK event already finished
    ld a, [$D361]
    cp a, $01
    ret nz                ;Exit if Player is not at Y = 01
    xor a, a              <--- START the "script" you're looking for!
    ld [$FF00 + $B4], a   ;Clear "KeyPress" memory location (because now some forced actions will be performed)
    ld a, $04             
    ld [$D528], a         ;Player turns South when screen is refreshed
    ld a, $FF             ;(marker for stop music)
    call $23B1            ;Stop current music
    ld a, $02             ;bank for music track that will be loaded
    ld c, a
    ld a, $DB             ;ID of music track
    call $23A1            ;load music track
    ld a, $FC
    ld [$CD6B], a         ;disable joypads (player is prevented from moving or doing anything)
    ld hl, $D74B
    set 7, [hl]           ;Set some flag (I can't remember which one too)
    ld a, $01
    ld [$D5F1], a         ;Next trigger ID
    ret

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    @LordEnglish

go here: pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5204805&postcount=1023

don't know how much it'll help but it's the thread dedicated to it

Last edited:

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
    Years
  • @LordEnglish

go here: pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5204805&postcount=1023

don't know how much it'll help but it's the thread dedicated to it
    Thanks, but it's STILL NOT TELLING ME WHAT TO DO IN ADVANCEMAP.
    So I'm still stuck.
    But the effort really is appreciated.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Thanks, but it's STILL NOT TELLING ME WHAT TO DO IN ADVANCEMAP.
    So I'm still stuck.
    But the effort really is appreciated.

Wait, wait, so you're using Shinyzer. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but...
    The gist is that you open the program, open your rom, it'll tell you to get an offset to insert that ASM somewhere, okay.
    Now, make your script, like a wild pokemon script or something, and before the command 'wild battle', I believe, you type 'callasm 0xAsm Offset + 1'. If you don't add 1 to the offset, it won't work. Then, after the wild battle, you restyle that. This is so that not all pokemon become Shiny. Then you compile the script, you get another offset.

Then go to AdvanceMap or whatever, make a new event character, and in the offset section, you paste the offset you were just given. It SHOULD work, unless I forgot something.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Has anyone found the flag that determines whether your character can move on tiles with a movement permission of 4?

In other words, has anyone found what puts your character in "Surf mode" so to speak, and how to activate it through a script?

Edit: in FireRed, I should clarify

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • HOW TO USE SHINYIZER:

I have posted this at least 6 times between this thread and the old SQT. Now let's clarify:

Shinyizer applies an ASM routine to your rom that hijacks var 0x8003. Whenever this var holds anything but 0, (change it via a setvar 0x8003 0xZ) it becomes a counter that allows the creation of shinies.

So, let's say my script contains setvar 0x8003 0x5.

The next time I go into a battle, no matter what, I will see a shiny. Now, if you were to check var 0x8003, it would hold 4. I go into another battle and see another shiny. Now the var hold 0x3. Get it? When it hits 0, no more shinies. Now, this holds true for a lot of things, including trainer battles, wild battles, give egg, give pokemon, etc.

@LORDENGLISH: you failed in this. The first result for your searches is one of the posts of mine explaining this. So don't get all mad at everyone. Just accept that you made a mistake and move on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    HELP. I've searched and searched and searched and not found out how to implement a png of a bunch of character sprites into my FireRed edit. I can't post it because I haven't posted enough times but its a picture of the diamond main character sprite standing and biking and with a fishing rod. Do you follow me? where can I learn this.

The image is near the end of this page by Muffin

ht tp://ww w.p okecommun ity.com/sh owthre ad.ph p?t=193327&page=3

Sorry for spaces I cant post links

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Hello all, I am currently having a problem with animation on advance map.

New tiles were inserted into the Rom to replace the older ones, yet, it still has the old tile animations. For example, I replaced the water in the Rom with a building. Even though I edited the new tile in block editor to no longer have the water animation of fire red, it still does it and looks very glitchy. My building will not show. Here's how the map looks on Advance Map & here's how it looks in-game. I'm just wondering, is there any way to remove animations of the tiles entirely? Thank You in advance. Please check attachments.

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Hello all, I am currently having a problem with animation on advance map.

New tiles were inserted into the Rom to replace the older ones, yet, it still has the old tile animations. For example, I replaced the water in the Rom with a building. Even though I edited the new tile in block editor to no longer have the water animation of fire red, it still does it and looks very glitchy. My building will not show. Here's how the map looks on Advance Map & here's how it looks in-game. I'm just wondering, is there any way to remove animations of the tiles entirely? Thank You in advance. Please check attachments.
    open a-map 1.92 then open blockeditor then set each tile to 00 :p if not make the ff save it then revert back to 00

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    open a-map 1.92 then open blockeditor then set each tile to 00 :p if not make the ff save it then revert back to 00

I just tried this and it did not work. I changed the behavior byte to 00 and the animations still occurred. Next I set them to FF, saved it, then put the tile's behavior back to 00 and it still did not work.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Hello all, I am currently having a problem with animation on advance map.

You need to use Lu-ho's animation editor and remove the animation there.

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
    Years
  • Wait, wait, so you're using Shinyzer. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but...
    The gist is that you open the program, open your rom, it'll tell you to get an offset to insert that ASM somewhere, okay.
    Now, make your script, like a wild pokemon script or something, and before the command 'wild battle', I believe, you type 'callasm 0xAsm Offset + 1'. If you don't add 1 to the offset, it won't work. Then, after the wild battle, you restyle that. This is so that not all pokemon become Shiny. Then you compile the script, you get another offset.

Then go to AdvanceMap or whatever, make a new event character, and in the offset section, you paste the offset you were just given. It SHOULD work, unless I forgot something.

I think I figured it out, EXCEPT NOW MY SCRIPT CRASHES MY GAME.
    here is the script, I edited the a-hole guard complaining about you not having a bike on bike road to use a preexisting script:

#org 0x81701FC
    '-----------------------------------
    callasm 800101
    jump 0x8170220

#org 0x8170220
    '-----------------------------------
    setvar 0x8003 0x1
    wildbattle 0x13 0x3 0x0
    release
    end

I figured this would be easier, and should work. Original script can be found at 001701FC
    Now, when I step onto this script tile, insta-freeze.
    I used callasm, then I utilized the jump command already in the script. I put the setvar, wildbattle, release, and end in the part it jumps to.
    It should work, help. It keeps crashing.
    Also, should I be entering anything into these?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I think I figured it out, EXCEPT NOW MY SCRIPT CRASHES MY GAME.
    here is the script, I edited the a-hole guard complaining about you not having a bike on bike road to use a preexisting script:

#org 0x81701FC
    callasm 800101
    jump 0x8170220

#org 0x8170220
    setvar 0x8003 0x1
    wildbattle 0x13 0x3 0x0
    release
    end

I figured this would be easier, and should work. Original script can be found at 001701FC
    Now, when I step onto this script tile, insta-freeze.
    I used callasm, then I utilized the jump command already in the script. I put the setvar, wildbattle, release, and end in the part it jumps to.
    It should work, help. It keeps crashing.
    Also, should I be entering anything into these?

You need to set a variable for the script event (var number). For example, for Oak's event in Fire Red, variable number 4050 is used. In the script, the variable's value is set to 1 (setvar 0x4050 0x1), which prevents the script from executing again if you step on it, unless you set its value to 0 again.

Note that the script won't execute if the variable's value doesn't match the variable number, which is usually 0. Setting its value to anything other than 0 will prevent it from executing again. Check this thread for more information on variables and script tiles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Is it possible to make a pokemon evolve from level up with a held item pre gen 4?

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
    Years
  • You need to set a variable for the script event (var number). For example, for Oak's event in Fire Red, variable number 4050 is used. In the script, the variable's value is set to 1 (setvar 0x4050 0x1), which prevents the script from executing again if you step on it, unless you set its value to 0 again.

Note that the script won't execute if the variable's value doesn't match the variable number, which is usually 0. Setting its value to anything other than 0 will prevent it from executing again. Check this thread for more information on variables and script tiles.
    I think I see. thanks.
    Is it possible to make a pokemon evolve from level up with a held item pre gen 4?
    no, but the everstone makes it possible to do exactly the opposite of that. (that's the closest gen3 comes to that, I think)

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Is it possible to make a pokemon evolve from level up with a held item pre gen 4?

Anything that isn't a hardware limitation is possible. Making a level+item evolution would require asm though, you'd need to write a new evolution method because there isn't one that checks for both level and held item.

Edit: Come to think of it you may be able to commandeer the trade+item method and edit it into a level+item one, as long as you don't plan on using trading for evolutions in your hack. I'm putting that on my list of things to look in to.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Can't seem to find anything like this on any tutorials.

How would I go about making a script tile where the script doesn't execute unless the player is facing a certain direction and presses the A Button?

waitkeypress seems to wait for either the A or the B button, and I don't know how to check the direction the player is facing in XSE.

Are there any commands to check which button is pressed after a button is pressed or anything?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back