• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Male Girafarig (with Crunch) + Female Arcanine/Growlithe = Growlithe with Crunch

That's the quickest way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Only males can pass down moves. And if you've already tried what you just said above, you probably know this already.

BKCK

BK
    Years
  • Right now I'm restarting for a shiny Charmander. Been at it for about 7 hours.

My question is this can you see if it's shiny before you pick and you see that little pic or do you have let Gary or whoever pick and then check your pokemon summary?

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    The picture that appears right before you pick the pokemon is programmed to be the normal colour. So you'll have to check the pokemon's summary to see if it's shiny.

BKCK

BK
    Years
  • k thx just making sure about it.

I have two more quick questions.

I have never seen a shiny in Fire Red version. So are there actually shiny's in Fire Red?

I assume there are

The other is just cuz I want to know.

When you go to menu>pokemon you have little images of the pokemon jumping up and down. If one of the pokemon is a shiny will that little image look shiny?

Last edited:

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • Question 1. There are shinies in every game starting from Gold/Silver/Crystal and on.
    Question 2. I noticed that the shiny Kecleon in my box was colored normally until I viewed its stats. So no the image stays the same.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    All you do is beat the E4 and get the NationalDex, then talk to Celio. You don't, and can't, get the Ruby until after you talk to him to get sent on the little search for the gems.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2005
    im using VBA and playing it on my comp so how do i get my kadabra to become alakazam i just cant trade it to someone...

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
  • LanceLite and MaxMan said:
    You can't trade like that on roms. Simple as that. That's why, buy the real game.

Actually you can, there is a VBA version that enables you to trade(I think its the 1.7.1 verion)you need to activate both roms and then do the normal stuff you would do with a link cable.

Crazy Frogitist

Its Only a PREVIEW
    Years
  • BKCK said:
    k thx just making sure about it.

I have two more quick questions.

I have never seen a shiny in Fire Red version. So are there actually shiny's in Fire Red?

I assume there are

The other is just cuz I want to know.

When you go to menu>pokemon you have little images of the pokemon jumping up and down. If one of the pokemon is a shiny will that little image look shiny?

the image won't be shiny just go to the pkmn's summary. if its shiny and its hard 4 u to know go to the summary and check under your pkmn's gender and if there's a star its a shiny, by da way why do u soo want a shiny??
    i got a shiny diglett it was like this i was fighting diggies 4 speed evs and i accidently saw about 10 stars comes out when i saw the shiny, then i thought, 'what the, what on earth is wrong with that pkmn?' then i was keep'on chucking ultra balls till i got it *runs and tell every in school about my shiny*

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • jc_rcw said:
    Actually you can, there is a VBA version that enables you to trade(I think its the 1.7.1 verion)you need to activate both roms and then do the normal stuff you would do with a link cable.

No you can't. I've just tried it out, and it didn't work. There is however another (much slower) way, you can use the VBALink program found somewhere on the net, to use IP addresses to link with another computer running VBA. You can trade through that, but its pretty slow anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back