• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2006
    Well I just want to be able to play Leaf Green on my TV somehow if thats possible. I also want to know if I can, like you said, upload pokemon to Colosseum or XD with Leaf Green. I was just also on the side wondering if I could do the same with Gold either way through using my GBA. I would like to know the equipment needed to do any such thing because Ive looked online and it I havent found any mention of doing the things Ive said or what equipment I will need specifically to do so. Sorry for the confusion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You can upload your pokemon to Colosseum/XD if you'll be using them to battle against othe players...from any of the Advance Pokemon RPGs.

And you can play LG using the $50 Gameboy Player GCN periphal. ;P

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    A small question:

Is it possible to trade between firered/leafgreen and older games, such as gold/silver and/or red/blue?

I really wanted to trade some of my pokemon to my gold version when I started over in firered, but I found that I wasn't able to activate the trading sequence. Both versions would just tell me that the other was not ready.
    I did not use wireless adapters, by the way, but the good ol' link cable.

So did I just mess up, or is it not possible to trade between firered and the older games?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    yaminokaitou said:
    A small question:

Is it possible to trade between firered/leafgreen and older games, such as gold/silver and/or red/blue?

I really wanted to trade some of my pokemon to my gold version when I started over in firered, but I found that I wasn't able to activate the trading sequence. Both versions would just tell me that the other was not ready.
    I did not use wireless adapters, by the way, but the good ol' link cable.

So did I just mess up, or is it not possible to trade between firered and the older games?
    No, it's not posible to trade between GB and GBA games.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Shenlong said:
    Ok here's my 1st question. What is an easier way to get all the Kanto and Johto starter Pokemon more easily?
    Why are you asking this same question again when it was already answered for you?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

The easiest would be to using a cheating device, obviously. Just type in some numbers and *poof!*

Another way to (LEGALLY) get all the Kanto starters would be to attend the Official Journey Across America tour where they'll be giving away 20 free Pokemon, including Charizard, Blastoise, and Bulbasaur. Of course, that requires you to travel possibly long distances.

And the final way is the usual trade from another game.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Shenlong said:
    Well that's because my thread got locked.

And besides, who cares?
    Well, I was just curious as to why you would ask the same question again since trjessie answered it correctly (unlike me, although now you know how to get Kanto Pokes LOL) before it was locked by the moderator. No harm no foul.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦
    EgiFuX said:
    can someone tell me why when you copy the sprite to the other sprite in another paint window it gets other colors, which i absolutely don't need

Huh, that's not even a game question. You should've posted in the Sprite forums.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    heres a list i may have missed a few....
    Code:
    Ekans
    Arbok
    oddish
    gloom
    vileplume
    psyduck
    golduck
    growlithe 
    arcanine
    shellder
    cloyster
    weezing
    syther
    electabuzz
    bellossom
    wooper
    quagsire
    murkcrow
    skarmory
    elekid
    info at:
    https://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_frlg_pokedex.txt

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The only one you missed was Scizor.

Here is the LeafGreen list:
    Pinsir
    Mantine
    Slowpoke
    Slowbro
    Slowking
    Staryu
    Starmie
    Vulpix
    Ninetales
    Bellsprout
    Weepinbell
    Victreebel
    Magby
    Magmar
    Remoraid
    Octillery
    Misdreavus
    Azurill
    Marill
    Azumarill
    Sneasel

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Murkrow can only be found in Fire Red and it's in the Lost Cave, which is on Five Island.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back