• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    aragornbird said:
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Murkrow can only be found in Fire Red and it's in the Lost Cave, which is on Five Island.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦
    Lost Cave, Five Island .. gotcha. Thanks, now I'm another step closer to getting another full Pokedex. =D

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦
    bob5000 said:
    How do you delete an ingame save without making a new one??

I don't know if there's any other way. You'd probably have to corrupt the data somehow by messing it up with a cheatcode or something.
    Why would you want to delete your save any how?

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    There IS a button combination you can press at the start to clear your save data, but I can't remember it at the moment...

EDIT: Found it. :D Hold Up+Select+B at the title screen to wipe your save.

EDIT2: Darnit...just realized this is for R/S, I'd assume it's the same for FR/LG but I can't be sure.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    trjessie579 said:
    There IS a button combination you can press at the start to clear your save data, but I can't remember it at the moment...

EDIT: Found it. :D Hold Up+Select+B at the title screen to wipe your save.

EDIT2: Darnit...just realized this is for R/S, I'd assume it's the same for FR/LG but I can't be sure.
    GameFAQs should have the code for savewiping in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2006
    Well, my brother and I just completed our National Pokedexes (We got our Lugia, Celebi, and Mew from a friend who got them from some pokemon event...) And now, when we're trying to fight the Elite Four to train them, the girl who is normally standing next to the door, is right in front of it. She's saying Lorelei is gone, so we've wasted our time in coming there... But, she's not in the place that she was the first time she was gone, on four island. x_x

So, my brother and I are freaking out trying to find a way to get her back so we can train at the Elite Four again. Unless you guys know of a better place to train our guys up...?

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Did you check the Cave in Four Island? Did you beat the Team Rocket Remenants there? If you have, Loriellei(sp?) should return to the League.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2006
    Yeah, I already did this. I've beaten the whole game. Done everything I could have done. Got all of the stickers on my trainer card and everything. Totally finished the pokedex.

When I beat the Elite Four the first time, that's when I got Lorelei back. I checked the cave already, and she wasn't there.

It's really confusing, because nowhere I've looked has anything like this happend before. Has ANYONE legitedly completed the pokedex? I did, and this happend.... So yeah. =/ No idea what to do. ._. I wanna train my guys, but I no place better than the elite four... Do you guys know of any better place?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Wouldn't surprise me that the uber Pokes you added were sharked and that is where the corruption is coming from. Good luck.

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    shanecdavis said:
    Wouldn't surprise me that the uber Pokes you added were sharked and that is where the corruption is coming from. Good luck.

^ Seconded. There are no events outside of Japan for Mew yet, and the one for Celebi has only been around for a few weeks. At least the Mew was cheated for, and most likely the other two as well.

This is a common problem for people who have cheated Pokemon, but it usually tends to happen BEFORE they ever battle the Elite Four, if they cheat for the National Dex or Pokemon that you can't normally get in the regular 'Dex. The game thinks it's farther along than it is, and Lorelei will be gone from the E4 even before they've beaten it for the first time.

I would think the same thing happened with your game--the game now thinks it's EARLIER than before, and Lorelei is gone again.

If this is the problem, I can't give you a good solution other than restarting your game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2006
    Hmm... Are you sure there's not one for Mew yet? 'Cause my friends said he went to something in New York... And got it there. Ugh, this is annoying. -.- That took a long time. >_>

Is there any sort of code that I could put in to take away the cheats? IF Mew and the other two are cheated. Like, buy an Action Replay and reset it? Or something. I just don't want to lose the rest. x_x

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Sorry, but Action Replay is still cheating and can mess up your game even more. Your best bet is to trade everything you want to keep to another game/friend, and then reset the game. Then make sure you don't put those sharked Pokes on it again. I am sure that there are plenty people here that can help you get sharked Pokes on your game without messing anything up. Good luck.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Actually, sharked/broken/replayed Pokemon tend to carry their bugs and everything with them. So there will not be any use of keeping them - even trading them to a friend will break the friend's game down possibly.

Years
    I don't believe that cheated pokes will corrupt a non-cheated cart. They'll continue to carry their "illegitimate" Trainer Memo and still be banned from Colo/XD and all that, but your game ought to be fine if you just release them. IF GF made it so that cheated pokes "spread" a pseudo-virus to other people's carts via trading, that would open up a whole means of trade sabotage; means by which malicious players could sabotage other players' games by trading them corrupt pokes without any immediate evidence of their corruption.

Years
    Don't double post.

You can only get Eevee in Ru/Sa/Em by trading from FR/LG/XD and breeding. Edit: And Colo. Right. Thanks trJessie!

Last edited:

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Unfortunately no, you can't get Eevee in R/S/E. He is available in FR/LG and Pokemon XD, and you can get Espeon and Umbreon in Colosseum and breed for one.

EDIT: Ack, sorry, maybe there's something wrong with my computer...MetalMario's post was NOT there when I came to the thread, but he posted 20 minutes earlier than I did... ;_;

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Please help. I'm playing Fire Red and I used GameShark to obtain the three Johto starters and Celebi. The problem is, my Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile won't evolve. I get them to their required levels and it says that they're going to evolve, but then it stops and I get the message "...?"

Is there anything I can do to get them to evolve? None of them are holding everstones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back