• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2007
    if i cross two things, pikachu and electubuzz, how do i figure out what will hatch???

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, Pikachu and Electabuzz cannot breed in the first place. That said, the species the baby will be is the lowest evolution of the FEMALE.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    All Pokes belong to Egg groups. Electabuzz belongs to the Humanshape Egg group and Pikachu belongs to both the Fairy Egg group and the Ground Egg group. You can see a list of the groups online (at Smogon, for example) or you can get an offline program like Metalkid's that you can load onto your PC/laptop. Or you can wait a few minutes and I will post the groups here.

Edit: Okay, here is actually a sticky in the Breeding section that shows all the Egg groups and the Pokes that belong to them. I haven't double checked it for accuracy, but Toothache posted it so you can pretty sure it is. Enjoy.

https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15715

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Just save the game before you wake it up. Then catch it and if it isn't a female, reset and try again. Snorlax only has a 12.5% chance of being female though. Might as well try for Careful Nature since you are resetting.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Only Pokes that don't belong to the Unbreedable Egg group. That is all the Legendaries, baby Pokes, Ditto itself, and Nidoran/Nidoqueen.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Is there a way to get my Golbat to like me quickly, such as the groomer from GSC?
    Yes. Walking 245 steps will increase its Happiness Rating by 1 point. Leveling up a Poke increases its HR by 5 when its HR is 0-99, 3 when it is 100-199, and 2 above that. Feeding it vitamins will increase its HR by 5 when its HR is 0-99, 3 when 100-199, and 2 above that. Also, winning important battles (i.e. gym battles, Weak5) increase its HR by 3 when its HR is 0-99, 2 when 100-199, and 1 above that. Also, when you beat the Weak5, you can go visit Gary's sister and she will groom your lead Poke and then tell you generally how happy it is. Having the Poke hold the Soothe Bell (found in the Pokemon Tower - use the Itemfinder where Mr. Fuji was standing).

There are some myths about things that affect a Poke's HR that just aren't true. They are putting a Poke into the PC, letting the HP fall into the red, or walking around with a status effect (i.e. SLP, PSN, etc.). You also cannot increase HR by healing a Poke, giving it an item to hold (not called Soothe Bell), or battling wild Pokes.

Just remember that every time you trade your Poke, its HR is dropped (or raised) to 70. So make sure you don't time on Eevee, raising its HR in FRLG and then trade it to RSE, expecting it to evolve because it won't. All the HR points you put into it will be lost. Trade to RSE first, raise its HR and THEN evolve it.

What pokemon should I battle to get effort points in defense for my pikachu?
    NEVER put Def EV points on Pikachu. It is a complete waste since its base Def is so low that the EV points won't even help. You should instead focus its EV training on SAtk and Spd. The best place to train for SAtk is in the Pokemon Tower, on 7F. There you will encounter Gastly (1 SAtk) 75% of the time and Haunter (2 SAtk) 15% of the time. Cubone is here 10% of the time, but you can just flee. For Spd, Route 1 is a great spot early on as you will only encounter Pidgey and Rattata, both of which give you 1 point. Diglett's Cave is another great spot since the levels are higher and you also encounter Dugtrio 5% for 2 Spd EVs.

The best place to train for Def EVs is on Route 21, which is south of Pallet Town. You will only encounter Tangela there. Early in the game, you can battle Metapod (10%) and Kakuna (5%) in Viridian Forest for 2 Def EVs, or if you want encounters more often you can battle Geodude (35%) and Onix (5%) at Rock Tunnel.

Seriously though, don't waste Def EVs on Pikachu.

Last edited:

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
  • But you can traded,If you mean who the best from Flareon,Vaporeon,Jolteon.I say jolteon its a nice eevee evolution but its your choice still.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That really depends on what you want:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 222 HP / 176 Def / 16 SAtk / 96 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Surf / Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Wish

Vaporeon is the most rounded evo. It has a high base HP (130) that makes it VERY strong against special attacks and allows it to absorb physical hits better. It is also blessed with strong base SAtk (110) so a STAB Surf or an Ice Beam does good damage to all that doesn't resist it. One of its best strategies though is that it can pass very strong Substitutes to other Pokes in your team. Not only that, but it can use Wish to either heal itself or others in your team. My second favorite Eevee evo.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Baton Pass
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute

Jolteon has the speed (base 130) that none of the other evos have. It also is tied for the the second highest base SAtk (110), meaning STAB Thunderbolt is going to hit and hit HARD. Agility speeds it up and it can then pass it to another Poke in the team (i.e. Metagross) and cause some serious damage. It's weakness is being an Electric-type, where Ground moves destroy it quite easily.

Flareon @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Double-Edge / Return
    - Shadow Ball
    - Fire Blast / Overheat
    - Quick Attack / Sleep Talk

This is the red-haired stepchild of the evos. First off, it is a Fire-type, so right there you know it is the weakest. It has the highest base Atk (130) but was blessed with a HORRIBLE physical movepool. You might be able to win against the pathetic AI if you ONLY play in-game, but this thing just won't be helpful to you otherwise. Sad little Poke.

Now, if you have access to RSE, you can also have to consider Espeon and Umbreon:

Espeon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 196 HP / 160 Spd / 152 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Substitute

This is called EspyJump. It is similar to Jolteon in many ways, although it is a bit better. It has the second highest base Spd (110) and the top base SAtk (130). What it can do is Calm Mind to either make it sweep by itself with a STAB Psychic, or it can pass those boosts to a more versatile Poke and have them sweep.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 212 HP / 224 Spd / 72 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Mean Look / Charm
    - Taunt / Substitute
    - Wish / Moonlight

The KING of the evos, except it is hard to use in-game since it won't be attacking anytime soon. It has the highest defenses (130 SDef, 110 Def) and the second highest base HP (95), meaning this thing shrugs off attacks VERY easily. Its below average base attacks though (65 Atk, 60 Def) don't help. But that is what makes it the best utility Poke of the evos. Use Mean Look to prevent switching or Charm to drop the opponent's Atk by 2 stages. Then Baton Pass to a teammate that can murder it. Like Vaporeon, it can pass strong Subs and abuse Wish, healing its teammates.

As for overall rankings, they typically go:

1 - Umbreon
    2 - Vaporeon
    3 - Espeon
    4 - Jolteon

5 - poor, poor Flareon

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    whats the best type of pokemon because i like to have good moves up to about level 25 and hate waiting until like level 50 and i like fire pokemon alot so which fire pokemon learns flamethrower the earlyest ?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Yes. Walking 245 steps will increase its Happiness Rating by 1 point. Leveling up a Poke increases its HR by 5 when its HR is 0-99, 3 when it is 100-199, and 2 above that. Feeding it vitamins will increase its HR by 5 when its HR is 0-99, 3 when 100-199, and 2 above that. Also, winning important battles (i.e. gym battles, Weak5) increase its HR by 3 when its HR is 0-99, 2 when 100-199, and 1 above that. Also, when you beat the Weak5, you can go visit Gary's sister and she will groom your lead Poke and then tell you generally how happy it is. Having the Poke hold the Soothe Bell (found in the Pokemon Tower - use the Itemfinder where Mr. Fuji was standing).

There are some myths about things that affect a Poke's HR that just aren't true. They are putting a Poke into the PC, letting the HP fall into the red, or walking around with a status effect (i.e. SLP, PSN, etc.). You also cannot increase HR by healing a Poke, giving it an item to hold (not called Soothe Bell), or battling wild Pokes.

Just remember that every time you trade your Poke, its HR is dropped (or raised) to 70. So make sure you don't time on Eevee, raising its HR in FRLG and then trade it to RSE, expecting it to evolve because it won't. All the HR points you put into it will be lost. Trade to RSE first, raise its HR and THEN evolve it.
    Wow thanks for that. :) Do you know about how high a HR a Pokemon needs to evolve?

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • ok...i have a question...that was kinda of stupid. why else would i be here unless i have a question? ANY HOW, i have heard that by sending you game, via mail,to nintendo with $3.00 per game you can obtain tickets to the islands without going to the events. since there are no events were i live, i have no access to these islands. is this true or is it another hoax-like thingy, because if it isnt... i might consider doing this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back