• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simpsons or Family Guy?

Simpsons or Family Guy?

• Simpsons.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • Family Guy.

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • I hate them both.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I like them both.

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • How about neither, and I pick Futurama instead. I like both shows equally, but I think both fail in comparison to Futurama. Both Family Guy and the Simpsons are essentially cartoon versions of every sitcom ever made: Fat Stupid Man married to Hot Passive Aggressive Woman. Futurama was more of an actual original idea. Plus Futurama has Bender and Dr. Zoidberg, and you really just can't compete with that.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I like them both, and for different reasons. I like the Simpsons for it's characters and the situations, and Family Guy for it's completely random hilarity.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
  • I prefer The Simpsons.

The episodes of Marge's and Homer's past struggles with their relation is getting quite old, but other than that, I still think the series is great.

I watched Family Guy for a while and liked it, but I quickly tired of it not that long after watching it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    To me, Family Guy is a complete ripoff of The Simpsons. Like, really. Both shows star two fat idiots, they both have two kids and a baby... there's nothing original about Family Guy. Family Guy really only has sex jokes, while The Simpsons actually focus on what's funny. I watched Family Guy for ... 3 years now? It never made me laugh out loud even once. Simpsons, however... I've enjoyed for all my life, it never gets boring... and it doesn't repeat the same mannor of jokes that Family Guy does.
    I think it's clear what I stand for here.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Simpsons.
    For some reason I just find it more funny and appealing than Family Guy :s

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Family Guy, as It isn't as old as Simpsons, and I have to have seen all of those episodes 5 times and it lacks in humour for me now, and Family Guy jokes cant be beaten, and I could watch their episodes for a while without getting bored.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I think they're very different shows, though. Simpsons is family-oriented, while I think Family Guy isn't really appropriate to watch with your children...

I think if you were going to make a comparison, Family Guy and Futurama would be better. Futurama is aimed at young adults.

In answer to your question though, I like them both.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
  • I don't really like The Simpsons, but Family Guy has got to be one of my favorite shows ever.

I like it so much because its stupid. I think that's the point of the show. Making the same perverted jokes over and over, adding flashbacks that contribute in no way to the story and making Peter get hurt is just the way I like it. Sometimes after a day, that's what you need. Senselessness. Randomness. I know they tend to be too crude and take it over the top, but you learn to live with it and even laugh at i
    t.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Ehn?

I love em both the same
    they've both got their ups and downs
    but i find them both hilarious, Family Guy's got the really stupid, pervy jokes
    but the simpsons got the great plot, and all that good stuff

i like them both the same though

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I would have to say Family Guy.

Though I do like The Simpsons. but Family Guy has more adult humor then The Simpsons so it is funnier.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Eh... they are both appealing for different types of Humor. Family Guy, which I love to pieces is funny for its random juvinile take, and The Simpsons is a less "sexual" and more "classy" take on comedy... I love both... but I quote Family Guy all the time... .
    I personaly like American Dad... shows how stupid we really are. -__-

Terror

I do all my own stunts.
    Years
  • I have to say Family Guy, it's more adult commedy, plus the Simpsons has kinda run out of ideas and the film was terrible, would have made an ok episode, or maybe a double, but stretching it to 2 hours made it soooo bad.

Years
  • I'd say Simpsons, its apparently not funny anymore but I dont catch many of the more recent epsiode anyway.

I like Family Guy but the majority of the jokes either make little sense or make little sense to people living outside the USA. It can hilarious sometimes though.

Simpsons edges it but Futurama beats both.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I prefer Family Guy over Simpsons.
    I find the jokes a lot more funnier, it has more adult humour and I laugh more when watching it.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Family Guy hands down.

The jokes in the Simpsons aren't half as clever. And Maggie isn't an antichrist wanting to murer marge....and Santas Little Helper doesnt drink Martinis and read Literatur..yet still not being able to use a toilet. Faily Guy has overall ore interesting characters.

Pervy Old Man FTW comedywise. <3

Skii said:
    or make little sense to people living outside the USA. It can hilarious sometimes though.

It's why they invented Wikipedia so us Europeans could get the jokes :P

Back