• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Confirmed?

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • With all the hype of SM coming up, from the latest remake of Hoenn coming out, it's now Sinnoh's remake to be up after the SM release. Do you think Sinnoh will actually get a remake (why or why not)? But otherwise, what will you be excited for a Sinnoh remake?
    I'm personally would be excited to see all the region's different landscapes and weather in 3D (Sinnoh w/ SM graphics!! So beautiful!!) and especially seeing the Sky Pillar and Distortion World in 3D!! ahh so amazing! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Years
  • I think we'll see a Sinnoh remake in Generation 8, as for whether it's on the 3DS or not that's a tough question. Obviously the NX is being released next year and it is not a successor to the 3DS so I'm not quite sure. Regardless of its console, these remakes will be hopefully be really good, the originals left much to be improved upon and with updated graphics to display the beautiful landscape of Sinnoh, the games could be something special.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I've played through Platinum again recently and I gotta say it's a really fun game. The snow stuff took forever but it was a change of pace and different and with the new graphics it could look great. I think if they remake Diamond and Pearl they're gonna have to incorporate elements of Platinum (but also include Murkrow and Mistrivous, don't know what that's about) and I'd really look forward to it mainly because of the Vs. Seeker. Sure, with finding loops and shoving a dime in the ol' analogue stick you can get a Poke to a high level overnight but you can make a ton of cash with the Vs Seeker and use it early in the game to battle that Butterfree or whoever over and over again that gives a ton of Exp early on.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I think it's more likely that a remake will get a remake(like Firered). Or maybe a remake of Yellow.
    That is unless a new superior (to the 3DS) handheld Nintendo system emerges or Gamefreak decides to make Pokemon games(main games not side games) for a non handheld system. Then a Sinnoh remake would make sense.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I think this should seal the deal on the future of remakes, in general.

The RBY re-release has proven itself to be a HUGE success, especially when you consider that neither GF or Nintendo had to spend hardly a dime on it.

On the other hand, all of the remakes have somewhat underperformed in sales, with ORAS doing the worst. And, making a full remake costs far more time and money than just re-releasing an old game and making it compatible with the new... And, it's often time and money that could've otherwise been spent on new games (see XY for the worst example).

Combine this with the tendency for remakes to come off as disappointing in comparison to the originals (as was especially the case with FRLG and ORAS), and there's just not a good reason anymore to continue cranking out remakes (especially once the more powerful NX comes out and emulating GBA/DS games is no longer an issue).

Plus, in the case of Sinnoh, I can't really see how a remake would improve the region much, anyways. Platinum already nicely fixed everything that was wrong with DP, and I'm not sure if Fairies and Megas are a good enough reason to warrant a full remake. (HGSS and the Unova games are still very playable without them, so why not also Platinum?)

And, knowing what happened with FRLG and ORAS, there's a very good chance that GF would completely ignore Platinum and do straight remakes of the mediocre DP, which would completely suck. I'd rather have no remakes than anymore FRLG/ORAS-quality remakes.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • We just got ORAS, so I hope they don't rush Sinnoh. I'd rather we all just enjoy Sun and Moon for a time, before it's been out for only two months and then we get Sinnoh stuff.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Please, no more remakes. HGSS were fine, but FRLG and ORAS were mediocre at best. I'd rather they just eventually re-release the old games and make them compatible with Pokémon Bank.

Years
  • Slightly off topic but it's weird to think that after Sinnoh, Unova would be the last region to get a remake before potential Kalos remakes, it's obviously a while down the line but X&Y feel like they were released yesterday xD

I also think Red & Blue remakes for whatever console we're on for the 25th anniversary of Pokemon are likely, but I digress.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Just release Pokemon Platinum Director's Cut or something, the game with extra things. I feel like there's no need for a remake, as in my opinion, the DS games have aged pretty well.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • So, just a simple thread, would you think there will be remakes of Diamond and Pearl, many of us are getting some information on Sun and Moon (Or even X and Y) and here is that i found out:

1. Rotom is a 4th gen Pokemon, in SM, it will be our "Rodex".

2. Pearl harbor and Diamond Head in Alola.

and the list goes on.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • No. Not yet. I do not think that we will be getting remakes of D/P until the next generation. I don't think they will make 2 more games near the end of the 3DS's era. I think this generation will be similar to 5th Gen because of that. So I do not think we will be getting D/P remakes. Not yet. We will eventually.

Masuda said that as long as people want them, they will remake the older generations.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • lol I hope so!! The chances are low but I still but it to happen :)
    (Pokemon Sun & Moon..... The Sun and Moon are in Space, Space=Palkia, Sinnoh confirmed!)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm still thinking it probably won't be until the 8th gen until we see Diamond and Pearl remakes. I feel like they'd want to wait for another advancement in hardware.

That said I don't think it's totally impossible for us to get a 4th gen remake this gen, but I won't be surprised at all if it doesn't come to pass.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Nope, and it never will be. With Pokémon games on the VC now a reality, the era of remakes is over. Why put time and money into a remake that will never sell as well as a main pair or even third version when you could just re-release the original for next to nothing and make an easy profit? All three of the existing remakes underperformed in sales, while the VC RBY was a smash success.

DPP will much more likely get a VC re-release on the NX, along with RSE, FRLG, HGSS, BW, and B2W2. (GSC will probably get a 3DS re-release next year, or so.)

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
  • lol I hope so!! The chances are low but I still but it to happen :)
    (Pokemon Sun & Moon..... The Sun and Moon are in Space, Space=Palkia, Sinnoh confirmed!)

lol. Gamefreak and all its employes live in space since we are all part of room and space! MUST BE SINNOH HINT!

Nice try bro! :-P

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Nope, and it never will be. With Pokémon games on the VC now a reality, the era of remakes is over. Why put time and money into a remake that will never sell as well as a main pair or even third version when you could just re-release the original for next to nothing and make an easy profit? All three of the existing remakes underperformed in sales, while the VC RBY was a smash success.

DPP will much more likely get a VC re-release on the NX, along with RSE, FRLG, HGSS, BW, and B2W2. (GSC will probably get a 3DS re-release next year, or so.)

I don't think so. Remakes will always sell. Sinnoh, Unova, Kanto and Johto all still need a 3D overworld version of the region.I doubt they are just going to stop. They still make a ton of money of both remakes and new games. RBY, the newer player complained because it was too complicated. VC is also a lot cheaper than remakes or newer games. They older games are limited. And they can't fix bugs and glitches. The main reason the VC games were released was for the 20th ann.

ORAS sold nearly 10 million copies, 3 million on release, while re released didn't even make it to 2 million.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • As much as I'd love a Sinnoh remake, I'm more convinced that there wont be one. I'll admit I've given it a lot of thought and still think it's a possibility, just as of now it doesn't seem all that likely.

From a marketing perspective then I'd say yes there would be, past remakes have gone on to sell over 10 million units per remake making the whole remake concept a very lucrative market. Taking remakes out of the picture does significantly reduce the turnover for the franchise and spin-offs don't even match the sales figures that remakes can accumulate. On the other hand I just can't see any other valid reason for them to remake these games that are still fairly modern and can be connected to the later games. With RSE we had a few issues such as dying batteries, outdated features and of course connectivity issues. Diamond & Pearl has many features that give it a fresh feel and there isn't much of a problem when transferring to later generations. It is fun to speculate about hints towards upcoming games and obviously there is always the possibility as Game Freak are quite unpredictable. Diamond Head & Pearl Harbour is interesting though.

Years
  • Although I think we will get Sinnoh remakes, it's quite interesting to think that we've been getting remakes for the last 12 years. So if Game Freak just stopped doing them altogether (like some people in this thread are suggesting) what would happen to the series? Remakes have been a staple of Pokemon since almost its very origin and personally I can't see GF getting rid of them.

Concerning Sinnoh, I think we'll get the remakes in the 8th generation, potentially on the new Nintendo handheld, but we'll have to wait and find out I guess :)

Back